PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever run an ebay turbo?

NXcoupe
03-01-2009, 07:54 PM
I was cruising the site looking at turbos for my 2.3L project and they seem way too cheap. Has anyone tried out one? If not, I guess I will be the guniea pig.

Buckeye
03-01-2009, 08:24 PM
There is write ups of the housings spliting and some only lasting a few miles. BUT some have had no problems for many miles SO...........

A05C
03-01-2009, 08:27 PM
used some on turbo honda's a while back.. they lasted for a little while.. but eventually the turbos blew up.

Another thing.. try and stay away from a FP (forced performance turbo) they've been having alot of problems of turbo's failing

boostanggt
03-01-2009, 09:13 PM
I had one that i thought i would try out. I read that they don't balance them so I figured I would just have it balanced and still save money. It was so far off it wasn't even funny. I ended up not risking it and bought a master power. It isn't much more and extremely reliable.

Rick93coupe
03-01-2009, 10:56 PM
Turbomustangs is full of threads on junk ebay turbos. Stick with a little MP or a BW unit if you want to keep the cost down and still be reliable.

Kwik92GT
03-02-2009, 03:43 AM
Turbomustangs is full of threads on junk ebay turbos. Stick with a little MP or a BW unit if you want to keep the cost down and still be reliable.

What he said.