PDA

View Full Version : Make your own headers??

Stangman
03-02-2009, 05:08 PM
I'm trying to gather parts for project "Budget Big Block" and Longtubes are horribly expensive, Midlengths havent been on the market long enough to be found used... and I am on mission for cheap.

Has anyone had much experience with the header kits that you can buy through like Summit or Jegs or even good ole Cincy Speed?

Also, where would I get some Big Block Ford header flanges?

thanks guys!

85_SS_302_Coupe
03-02-2009, 11:22 PM
I would get with kevindoe about this...he fabbed up the header on his 2.3T Pinto and that thing is a work of art. It may not be much cheaper to make it yourself but it would be exactly what you want and probably fit much better.

cmetalbend
03-03-2009, 04:17 AM
I have the flanges saved in my e-bay crap. 89.99 free shipin If I remember. When you figure out how to make your own headers, MAKE TWO SETS. I'll buy the other. I'm running manifolds and I know they suck. Here's what I came up with though. You can buy a BBC downward. back swept header for like 170ish, fab that to your flanges. Sounds simpler than total fabing. But if your dead set on totally your own like I am eventually going to end up. I think I'm gonna make a set that goes thru the fender, two pipes on each side of the strut tower. Or there's the copy option, buy a set, copy and return. Let me know how it turns out. But people don't believe me when I tell em it doesn't even have headers. oh, here's the current e-bay item number 300296859021

cmetalbend
03-03-2009, 04:45 AM
I am considering just Saying Screw that header issue. Flip the maifolds side for side fabing short pipes off the manifolds to T4 turbo flanges. That would be some serious Chit. Not only that, Boosted and it opens up Alot of other heads capability. Those otherwise junk 96cc units, Dime a Dozen would be work fixen, if not prefered. :drunk: Far as the easyest I dunno but I have spent alot of time pondering the issue.

Stangman
03-03-2009, 12:17 PM
It may be far off, but I'll work on it.