PDA

View Full Version : TJ a Seahawk

05yellowgt
03-03-2009, 10:31 AM
$40 million over 5 years with $15 million of it guaranteed. What do you guys think?

Holly
03-03-2009, 10:32 AM
Good for him, but I'm going to miss him. He was my favorite.

05yellowgt
03-03-2009, 10:38 AM
I thought that the Bengals were going to Franchise him?

stroked4eyes
03-03-2009, 10:49 AM
they franchised the kicker...geniuses!

beefcake
03-03-2009, 10:59 AM
i liked him

Blackpony
03-03-2009, 11:00 AM
Another great idea by Mike Brown.

Mustard
03-03-2009, 11:01 AM
HE had to leave. He had to much talent for the Bengals. IM surprised he went to Seattle. I thought he would end up in Indy or Tampa Bay

DeckerEnt
03-03-2009, 11:04 AM
I hope he does better with them.
Keith

1992MustangDW
03-03-2009, 11:24 AM
He was my favorite player.

Foxxx5oh
03-03-2009, 11:27 AM
damn, looks like my TJ pro bowl jersey might be worth something after all...LOL

fst 5pto
03-03-2009, 11:55 AM
He threatened to sit the bench if they franchised him. I am going to miss him but cannot blame him one bit! He is being held back from being a top receiver in the league.

02mingryGT
03-03-2009, 12:03 PM
Great player. Loved the way he played but I don't remember winning any Super Bowls with him. I think he did it for the money. I suspect his numbers will be lower this year. He has no one to pull the double-team off of him now. Can't blame him though. Lots of money.

stroked4eyes
03-03-2009, 12:18 PM
Great player. Loved the way he played but I don't remember winning any Super Bowls with him.

I don't remember them winning anything...ever.

wild87stang
03-03-2009, 12:24 PM
He'll be better off , Hes got alot of talent! He wanted to go to the Eagels but they never offerd him anything! I just cant belive he would go to the Seahawks! But from what i heard yesterday he is still thinking about the offer! I guess just keeping his options open for right now!

stroked4eyes
03-03-2009, 01:14 PM
He'll be better off , Hes got alot of talent! He wanted to go to the Eagels but they never offerd him anything! I just cant belive he would go to the Seahawks! But from what i heard yesterday he is still thinking about the offer! I guess just keeping his options open for right now!

No, he is a Seahawk now...the contract is signed. He went to Oregon to college I think but I know he is from the northwest so that probably appealed to him too.

mustangcwm
03-03-2009, 01:19 PM
Maybe if the bengals would start paying the players better we could start getting/keeping some good players and start having some winning seasons

Blackpony
03-03-2009, 01:47 PM
Maybe if the bengals would start paying the players better we could start getting/keeping some good players and start having some winning seasons

I believe the Bangels need a new coaching staff to start with maybe even a new owner.

NaomiDstangLvr
03-03-2009, 02:28 PM
He was my favorite.

Mine too. But it was all about $$$$$$$$

Silver Bullet
03-03-2009, 02:28 PM
He was a good guy/player. He will be missed here in Cincy!

NaomiDstangLvr
03-03-2009, 02:29 PM
I thought that the Bengals were going to Franchise him?

He said he wouldn't go to workouts or anything if they did.

NaomiDstangLvr
03-03-2009, 02:30 PM
I believe the Bangels need a new coaching staff to start with maybe even a new owner.

Marvin is ok, their offensive coach Brat, I can't stand and they hired Zimmer and he's improved the defense a great deal..

RIXXX93GT
03-03-2009, 08:37 PM
He was one of the few bright lights left in the Bengals, at least he had some fire in his gut. I will miss his gritty 3rd down catches and so will Carson Palmer when he leads Chris Henry or Ocho Stinko into a safety and they throw their alligator arms out to catch the ball. Good for TJ, the Bengals have shown no drive to improve I hope he gets back to the Pro Bowl.

exrider416
03-03-2009, 09:12 PM
From his scouting report Houshmandzadeh, who turns 32 years old on Sept. 26, is not much of a vertical threat, and he is unlikely to become one at this stage of his career. He has missed at least one game in 5-of-8 NFL seasons. He has benefited from Ocho Cinco’s presence for much of his career, and if Houshmandzadeh signs with a team without a strong complementary presence, he is going to routinely see double coverage. He got off to a slow start last season — something head coach Marvin Lewis attributed to Houshmandzadeh working out on his own in the offseason.

Katmandu
03-03-2009, 10:20 PM
I don't remember them winning anything...ever.Be nice now.... :rolleyes: Don't kick a man when he's down. :dummy:

331TwistedWedge
03-03-2009, 11:38 PM
i think it was a good business move ... we need that money for an offensive line ... with that being said, marvin shula (yes i said marvin shula) and mike brown will probably draft crabtree (a reciever) with the first pick :lol: :lol: :lol:

hopefully they pick an offensive lineman in the 1st round, offensive lineman 2nd round, offensive lineman 3rd round, a center 4th round, offensive lineman 5th round, offensive lineman 6th round, offensive lineman 7th round, offensive lineman 8th round, offensive lineman 9th round, and so on and so forth ...

1 of those offensive lineman will pan out ...

306Power
03-03-2009, 11:41 PM
In all honesty the Bengals will never win a Super Bowl until Mike Brown dies and even at that point we better hope his daughter Katie Blackburn will be smart enough to sell or hire a GM. At least another 15 years, realistically probably longer.

Mavowar
03-04-2009, 02:49 AM
they franchised the kicker...geniuses!

Many a game has been won at the last seconds by a field goal so it might not be a bad idea to keep one of the best kickers of all time....JMO

02mingryGT
03-04-2009, 09:18 AM

It's called a salary cap. With what they are paying Carson and Chad they probably don't have the room under the cap.

02mingryGT
03-04-2009, 09:20 AM
Many a game has been won at the last seconds by a field goal so it might not be a bad idea to keep one of the best kickers of all time....JMO

He sucks in the clutch.

Mavowar
03-04-2009, 09:55 AM
He sucks in the clutch.

What does driving have to do with kicking a football....:D

02mingryGT
03-04-2009, 10:07 AM
What does driving have to do with kicking a football....:D

:lol::lol:......thanks needed that.

05yellowgt
03-04-2009, 10:11 AM
You have to be able to get into field goal range in order for the kicker to even matter.

beefcake
03-04-2009, 10:16 AM
You have to be able to get into field goal range in order for the kicker to even matter.

lol how true

COOP
03-04-2009, 11:55 AM
It's called a salary cap. With what they are paying Carson and Chad they probably don't have the room under the cap.

The bengals are still around 20million under the salary cap for this year. The bengals do pay their players, and had given TJ a decent offer, he just did not accept it. But on the bright side the bengals resigned Benson for about 3.5million per, and can likely add Laveranues Coles for a total amount that is less than what Seattle spent on TJ.

mustangcwm
03-04-2009, 12:55 PM

Yeah but the bengals are under there salary cap by 22 million according to a few websites I found.

306Power
03-04-2009, 01:01 PM
The bengals are still around 20million under the salary cap for this year. The bengals do pay their players, and had given TJ a decent offer, he just did not accept it. But on the bright side the bengals resigned Benson for about 3.5million per, and can likely add Laveranues Coles for a total amount that is less than what Seattle spent on TJ.

Your right they could... but Laveranues is too old for the Bengals at this point and plus whens the last time the Bengals spent top money on top notch free agents.

slvr87cpe
03-04-2009, 01:31 PM
until Mike brown is gone the bengals will always be the bengals he will always have his strangle hold on the team and coaching staff. The poor guy that is going to have to endup suffering from all of this is #9. You know he is wishing he would have pulled the manning and said i am not playing there :dummy: as manning did with san diego:bigthumb

NaomiDstangLvr
03-04-2009, 05:09 PM
They've signed Benson and L. Coles! I think these are good moves, and I'm very happy! :cool2:

COOP
03-04-2009, 07:12 PM
Your right they could... but Laveranues is too old for the Bengals at this point and plus whens the last time the Bengals spent top money on top notch free agents.

Coles is younger than TJ by a few months. And they spent money on Ben Utecht and Antwan Odom last year

exrider416
03-04-2009, 11:15 PM
Coles is 7th on the NFL all-time unofficial fastest 40yd dash time running 4.16 seconds... So we will have breakaway speed in the slot and he has an average of around 900 yards a year...

331TwistedWedge
03-04-2009, 11:30 PM
just as long as we dont draft any more recievers (simpson) :lol: i will be happy ... get a damn offensive lineman (jason smith of baylor - eugene monroe of virginia or andre smith of alabama, but he sounds like a head case) and maybe a center ...

recievers dont win championships (new england patriots prove that), so dont draft them ...

306Power
03-05-2009, 12:10 AM
Glad I was wrong! Im pumped for next season now.

02mingryGT
03-05-2009, 09:28 AM

True but that number was before they signed Benson and Coles. And before they have to sign their draft picks. Remember the rules have changed on the cap so 20 Mil doesn't go as far. I personally would rather see Beanie Wells drafted than a WR or a lineman 1st round. But that's just me. I'd draft a lineman 2nd round.

331TwistedWedge
03-05-2009, 10:33 AM
True but that number was before they signed Benson and Coles. And before they have to sign their draft picks. Remember the rules have changed on the cap so 20 Mil doesn't go as far. I personally would rather see Beanie Wells drafted than a WR or a lineman 1st round. But that's just me. I'd draft a lineman 2nd round.

running backs are like wide recievers, not really crucial ... lets put it like this ~ anyone in the nfl can run with some decent speed and hit a hole, but having that hole to run in is the issue ... without a hole, even a barry sanders wouldnt gain anything ...

the games are won in the trenches ... i think the 2000 ravens showed us that ...

02mingryGT
03-05-2009, 10:46 AM
running backs are like wide recievers, not really crucial ... lets put it like this ~ anyone in the nfl can run with some decent speed and hit a hole, but having that hole to run in is the issue ... without a hole, even a barry sanders wouldnt gain anything ...

the games are won in the trenches ... i think the 2000 ravens showed us that ...

Oh shit, you need to go watch Barry's old game film. I can't believe you just said that. Barry would get five yards if he was the only one on the field. :dummy: Ravens had four bad-ass defensive lineman that allowed their linebackers to run free. So in a way your right. But in another way it allowed the scheme to work. I also agree if it's a smaller running back then you need the hole. But you can go back and look at Corey Dillon's history here when the Bengals couldn't throw and relied on the run to move the ball. He did a lot of that after the first hit. I know a lot of people dislike Corey but he was the shit. He could outrun people and run them over. He is probably the reason you see so many 235-240 lb backs in the league now. Beanie Wells is in that mode. But like i said it just my opinion. Your point is valid but I just like Beanie. I bet the Browns snatch him up.

I still can't believe you said that about Barry :lol:

Katmandu
03-05-2009, 12:33 PM
until Mike brown is gone the bengals will always be the bengals he will always have his strangle hold on the team and coaching staff. That's the BIGGEST problem with the Bengal's Organization.

The Bengals have/had GREAT players/coaches over the last several years yet Brown keeps sticking his nose in the middle of it all and F**King things up. :rolleyes:

It would be nice if he gave up CONTROL and let things be so the Bengals can be competitive once again.

It would be GREAT to have that old Bengals-Steeler's rivalry back like the old days. :bigthumb

IWRBB
03-05-2009, 04:41 PM
Go to see people are coming around to my point of view. I've been saying it here for years. It's the Brown family. As long as they own the team, it'll suck.

COOP
03-05-2009, 11:15 PM

The 20 million-ish figure was after deducting the amounts needed for draft picks, incentives and injuries. The bengals need Beanie wells like they need another first round QB. Beanie is a great back, but with Benson locked in for 2 more years, you can pick up another back late in day 1 and develop him. Their biggest needs are OT, C, FB and maybe MLB. Hopefully the FB gets addressed with Tahi or another FA. I dont care who they take as an OT, but they need to take Wood as a C in round 2 if he is still there. After that its all depth and development

331TwistedWedge
03-05-2009, 11:36 PM
I still can't believe you said that about Barry :lol:

my bad about barry, he was the shit :bigthumb he would lose 5 yards or gain 50 ... people can say what they want about emmit smiths power, or walter paytons grace, but there will never be another barry sanders ...

i just look at superbowl champs ~ they get after the quarterback and protect the quarterback ... recievers and running backs can "usually" be plugged in ...

i always here trumpy say on his talk show, you must have a good quarterback, 1 outstanding defensive back and a good left guard ... then you build from there ...

Lt. Dangle
03-05-2009, 11:38 PM
Good, hopefully now he's with a team that he won't have to carry, and can actually be rewarded for all of his effort and hard work out on the field.