PDA

View Full Version : Work anyone

Blonde_5.0
03-03-2009, 03:29 PM
Well, I got laid off from my job today. Sucks bad. I am in desperate need of a new job. I worked at the law firm for 4.5 years. I did alot of receptionist, human resources, and records management duties. I also have alot of customer service skills. If anyone knows of a job position, please let me know.

Thanks,

Stephanie

Holly
03-03-2009, 03:31 PM
They are cutting people's hours around the firm I work for. We only have 3 full time Legal Assistants now, even the receptionist and file clerk are sharing duties and cutting hours. They asked back in November if anybody would volunteer to cut hours. Thank God I didn't, because now they are saying it's permanent. I've also been here longer than any other assistant, and I work for the president of the firm, which helps. ;)

04 Venom
03-03-2009, 03:34 PM
Two of the major downtown law firms have taken some drastic actions, including lay-offing off new associates and $17K cuts in pay.

Blonde_5.0
03-03-2009, 03:37 PM
Well I worked for Taft and I had the highest in seniority for my firm. They told me I was let go because I made the most and now the receptionist and office clerks will be sharing duties as well

MsBlkramair
03-03-2009, 03:41 PM
Well I worked for Taft and I had the highest in seniority for my firm. They told me I was let go because I made the most and now the receptionist and office clerks will be sharing duties as well

Damn. That's what they did to my sister last summer.

04 Venom
03-03-2009, 03:46 PM

I am sorry to hear that. Taft was not one of the firms I was referencing in my prior post; the bad news is more prevalent than what I suspected.

Blackpony
03-03-2009, 04:35 PM
I was a tech service rep for a large paint company in cleveland. After 15 years of service they decided to elminate my position last year. Thankfully i was only out of work for a month then got a position in another large paint company.

Black Horse
03-03-2009, 04:38 PM
Stephanie:

Give me a call in the evening, I may have something you might be intested in.
513-892-2038

- Dave

IWRBB
03-03-2009, 05:11 PM
High paid employees beware... especially those with a job that is not "design" based. Already have one in my family that has been let go. Same thing, highly paid, and unfortunately replaceable.

If you have a job that requires a design skill, you are less likely to go. You cannot just learn the lessons of 20+ years design experience. If you job involes a task that someone else can completely master in a year or less, you are on thin ice. You may want to start showing up early, staying late, not procrastinating on those things you hate to do. It's rough out there, you have to fight to keep a job nowadays.

stang5slow
03-03-2009, 05:16 PM
sorry to hear that, i just got laid off also, after i filled my taxes an owe the irs, so now i have no idea how to pay them lol

Hangingcogs
03-03-2009, 05:52 PM
It's so bad, my mom got laid off last week, from a tax firm. They are giving her her 2 weeks vacation. It's a mess. GOOD LUCK to everyone looking for a job.

facemelter71
03-03-2009, 05:56 PM
Stephanie:

Give me a call in the evening, I may have something you might be intested in.
513-892-2038

- Dave

Thanks Dave.Ill make sure she calls you.We dont have internet at home,but im still at work and will have her call ya.

graysonracin
03-03-2009, 07:15 PM
check out craigslist's job section, i was looking there myself today, they may have something in your line of work i think i saw a section for office/hr postions.

MrsAPE
03-03-2009, 07:18 PM
Thanks Dave.Ill make sure she calls you.We dont have internet at home,but im still at work and will have her call ya.

If Stephanie needs to do some internet looking let me know...more than welcome over here to use ours!! Just a couple minutes down the road. Good luck Stephanie!!

Mr.Moontang
03-03-2009, 09:06 PM
I will have Nancy check at her work tomorrow for you!!! www.ohionational.com (http://www.ohionational.com/) I just looked at their site and found this...http://www.ohionational.com/public/e...essor_CSR.html (http://www.ohionational.com/public/employment/Administrative%20and%20Customer%20Service/Admin_Processor_CSR.html)

04 Venom
03-04-2009, 11:39 AM
Blonde 5.0,

Check this regularly for federal jobs in the Cincinnati area:

http://www.usajobs.opm.gov/

There are frequently support staff positions (and occasionally para-legal positions available). My wife got her job in this fashion. Good luck.

02mingryGT
03-05-2009, 09:39 AM
High paid employees beware... especially those with a job that is not "design" based. If you have a job that requires a design skill, you are less likely to go.

Well, I got laid off from my job today. Sucks bad. I am in desperate need of a new job. I worked at the law firm for 4.5 years. I did alot of receptionist, human resources, and records management duties. I also have alot of customer service skills. If anyone knows of a job position, please let me know.

Thanks,

Stephanie

How true that is IWRBB. I have been laid off for five months due to my last employer moving the division and dissolving the work force. I ended up getting a new job yesterday due mainly it appears to my CAD/CAM experience. It's less money but I'm just happy to have a job.

Good luck Stephanie on finding a job. You can apply online for unemployment benefits if you didn't know that. There is also Ohiomeansjobs.com which pulls from all the other job boards. I think this is when people find out there is no loyalty anymore just bottom line. Something I learned a long time ago. Which is why I'm always looking for a job even when I have one.

Silver Bullet
03-05-2009, 09:47 AM
Im sorry to hear the bad news. I wish you the best to you and your family.

Katmandu
03-05-2009, 12:11 PM
I did alot of receptionist, human resources, and records management duties. I also have alot of customer service skills. If anyone knows of a job position, please let me know.

Thanks,
StephanieHave you considered joining the USAF ??

The Air Force has a TON of Admin, Medical and Logistics type jobs!

I HIGHLY suggest ANYONE looking for a job right now to consider the USAF!

Most folks do not realize that around 90% of Military jobs are in SUPPORT functions. A small percentage are ever actually exposed to Combat roles.

http://www.airforce.com/opportunities/enlisted/careers/

BTW, I'm a Retired USAF MSgt. Served my whole career as a Medical Technologist.

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions. Katmandu@woh.rr.com