PDA

View Full Version : GT500 vs Nissan GTR

2007ShelbyCobra
03-05-2009, 09:23 PM
Well this isnt much of a story, but ill try. My grandfather "Carl Brown" who lives in Trotwood ran into a Nissan GTR a few days back. (He thinks it came from a nearbye Nissan dealer that he is always messing with about comparing the two) Apparently he was messing with it until it got onto the highway. Carl put his 07 Shelby GT500 "stock" into 3rd gear which is best for a 65 roll. Once near the end of the on ramp Carl gunned it and he could see the GTR next to him also giving it its all. But Carl said that he started to pull on it, and then pull it hard. He banged 4th and was still pulling, and once into 5th "around 140 or so?" the GTR had been waxed. I know this story doesnt have many details, but its pretty much how I heard it happened. Though 79, Carl is still a great driver and was most likely powershifting. The bottom line, stock for stock, from a roll GT500>GTR. I cant wait till my father with his modded 07 GT500 runs into one, and I guarentee I will have my camera.

04 Venom
03-06-2009, 12:18 AM
Either something was wrong with the GT-R or the other guy can't drive. I don't believe a stock GT-500 should pull on a GT-R.

02mingryGT
03-06-2009, 09:55 AM
Either something was wrong with the GT-R or the other guy can't drive. I don't believe a stock GT-500 should pull on a GT-R.

Or it wasn't a GT-R.

Lt. Dangle
03-06-2009, 09:57 AM
GT-R's are a pretty un-mistakable car...but anyways, yeah, I've watched a BONE STOCK GT-R locally bust off an 11.5@125? Grammas car, Grammas driving, at slipwater.

04 Venom
03-06-2009, 10:15 AM
GT-R's are a pretty un-mistakable car...but anyways, yeah, I've watched a BONE STOCK GT-R locally bust off an 11.5@125? Grammas car, Grammas driving, at slipwater.

WELL beyond the capability of a stock GT 500.

1992MustangDW
03-06-2009, 10:23 AM
I seen one at slipwater also, stock 500 wont beat it. exspecially from a roll

02mingryGT
03-06-2009, 12:07 PM
WELL beyond the capability of a stock GT 500.

Yes that and remember the import boys LOVE to stick GT-R badges on everything, including civics.

winner70ta
03-06-2009, 04:53 PM
Hmmmmm...things to consider.....they were from a decent roll and I would think that negated the GT-R's launch advantage. The R-car's driver may not have been very good too. I do know Carl as he used to race dirt track cars in his younger days, drag raced quite a bit plus is a retired Trooper. He may have some age on him but he has a lot of wheel time behind some good cars.

Paul408Notch
03-06-2009, 05:08 PM
Hmmmmm...things to consider.....they were from a decent roll and I would think that negated the GT-R's launch advantage. The R-car's driver may not have been very good too. I do know Carl as he used to race dirt track cars in his younger days, drag raced quite a bit plus is a retired Trooper. He may have some age on him but he has a lot of wheel time behind some good cars.

Maybe so, but the 120+mph trap speed the GTR will put up is still WAY higher than the 112 or so a stock GT500 will do. A majority of the time trap speed tells the tale for roll racing.

2007ShelbyCobra
03-06-2009, 06:09 PM
Take a look at this, to me it is NOT impressive, I do belive a stock GT500 could match this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUDdica_dms

Paul408Notch
03-07-2009, 12:00 AM
Take a look at this, to me it is NOT impressive, I do belive a stock GT500 could match this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUDdica_dms

No chance a GT500 could touch that. Modded, maybe. Stock, no.

Obviously you're biased since your screen name is GT500, so I think it's time to pull off the blinders.

A05C
03-07-2009, 09:13 PM
Yes that and remember the import boys LOVE to stick GT-R badges on everything, including civics.

There's a video on the internet of a V-6 mustang that also sports the GTR badge haha

sean
03-07-2009, 09:22 PM
crap.. so that mustang GT-R I spent all that money on isnt real??? The v 6 did throw me a little but damn. Well at least I still have my yugo GT-R. Thank god for that little yellow and black bolt of lightning.

2007ShelbyCobra
03-07-2009, 11:09 PM
Even from a dead stop, the GTR doesnt look so hot to me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZj8Dhwrg8g

k062693w
03-07-2009, 11:18 PM
11.04 129.55 !!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dRTGvDdqdk

BigBadStang
03-07-2009, 11:40 PM
Even if it went 8.00 in the 1/4...it's still a Nissan.:rolleyes:

Lt. Dangle
03-08-2009, 01:25 AM
Even if it went 8.00 in the 1/4...I still have a shitty closed minded poinion on foreign cars, and since they're now beating up on our big bad mustaches, I'm going to have to go huff some nitrous or something. .:rolleyes:

Fixed that for ya babycat.

Walter
03-08-2009, 10:31 AM
Even if it went 8.00 in the 1/4...it's still a Nissan.:rolleyes:

If I had a choice between the two, id take the Nissan without question.

04 Venom
03-08-2009, 11:54 AM
I really don't care for the looks of the GT-R, but there is no denying that it has cutting edge technology and tremendous performance for the cost.

BigBadStang
03-08-2009, 10:13 PM
Fixed that for ya babycat.

Take your altered post and shove it up your ass. You don't know me, so fuck you. :flipoff: You came out of the gate calling names, so don't reply saying "it was only in fun, and blah blah blah".

Go on and flap your cocksucker about your $400 pile of steaming shit civic, I couldn't care fucking less about you or your hunk of shit car, no matter what ET it can muster.

BigBadStang
03-08-2009, 10:17 PM
If I had a choice between the two, id take the Nissan without question.

I made the mistake of owning a Nissan ONCE. It was a heap, and what didn't fall off it, rusted away to nothing. That's how I developed my dislike for them.

Motorvation
03-08-2009, 11:24 PM
It's a ugly ass car. Nissan got lucky with it's performance, but with all the hype around it, it should kick all ass. Another minus for the GTR is it sounds as shitty as it looks; The WRX Sti sounds better. I'd much rather build a $30K muscle car to kick it's ass than go to the dealer to buy some over hyped butt ugly car!

Walter
03-09-2009, 07:25 AM
I made the mistake of owning a Nissan ONCE. It was a heap, and what didn't fall off it, rusted away to nothing. That's how I developed my dislike for them.

What was it? An 86 nissan hardbody lol? Any nissan you owned is nothing like the gtr. Its like saying "I had a mustang II back in the day and it was a pile. So the gt40 must be a pile too".

sinner
03-09-2009, 10:02 AM
this sure is a polarizing subject, I have both Nissans and a mustang or two, why cant they both be good? The GT-r is a budget priced supercar, with world beating performance, the GT500 is a kind of overpriced super modded mustang, the two should really not be compared, the gt500 is an amazing car, very fast, and has nothing to prove, but its not a technological wonder, just alot of power in a dated chassis, wich has its merrits, long smoky burnouts, fun at stoplights, did I mention LOOOONG smoky burnouts, they are made for two different purposes. if you want to win at something against a GT-R do a burnout competition, me I like my 500 or so hp in any configuration I can get it AWD RWD mustang, GT-R its all good:coo1:

beefcake
03-09-2009, 10:22 AM
as far as the 500 being in a dated chassis, the chassis is only 4 years old. I think it's a great chassis for the mustang, rides and handles great and works great at the track

i pulled a 1.49 60' with only a pulley and a tune and cai, i did have some aftermarket suspension components but it's not like i had tons in the car,

maybe i'm one of the rare few that actually loves the looks of the gt-r

i know lees car ran either 11.2's or 11.3's with a 30hp chip, that was not using launch mode though

i'm not really sure what the gt'r's are sixty footing, i know with my 1.49 i ran 121mph and an 11.17

stock, i think the 500 has more hp and the weight is about the same, so, on the highway i think stock for stock, if in the sweet spot, i don't see why the 500 couldn't win, not by a lot, but could take the win

sinner
03-12-2009, 12:25 PM
the chassis is old technology, not to down it, its just not purpose built car, its based on a regular mustang, with upgrades all you have to do is tear all the sheet metal off to see that its not nearly as sophisticated of a car suspension wise, chassis wise, but it costs the same. I am not an import lover, I have a few, I like all fast cars. I just feel that performance is not measured in 1/4 mile or 60ft increments. that is only one aspect of how a car performes. Let me just say that I would love to own either one, although I would lean to the nissan, just for the cool factor of having a seriously limited production car.

02mingryGT
05-12-2009, 04:06 PM
Bringing this back from the dead for this clip:

Have to say I change my mind and now believe it. My apologies to original poster.

Wolvrin704
05-13-2009, 12:49 AM
Bringing this back from the dead for this clip:

Have to say I change my mind and now believe it. My apologies to original poster.

Reading the comments is a hoot, especially for those who don't believe a Termi can easliy achieve 9's.

IWRBB
05-13-2009, 08:40 AM
the chassis is old technology, not to down it, its just not purpose built car, its based on a regular mustang, with upgrades all you have to do is tear all the sheet metal off to see that its not nearly as sophisticated of a car suspension wise, chassis wise, but it costs the same. I am not an import lover, I have a few, I like all fast cars. I just feel that performance is not measured in 1/4 mile or 60ft increments. that is only one aspect of how a car performes. Let me just say that I would love to own either one, although I would lean to the nissan, just for the cool factor of having a seriously limited production car.

Dude that car is fast around a corner, but other than that- blah. Ugly, heavy, over complicated and fragile. $20K+ transmissions- that fail easily. No thanks.

BigBadStang
05-13-2009, 11:38 AM
Dude that car is fast around a corner, but other than that- blah. Ugly, heavy, over complicated and fragile. $20K+ transmissions- that fail easily. No thanks.

It is funny how when a Mustang, Camaro, or Challenger weighs more than 3800 lbs. it's "overweight"...but when it's an import, no emphasis is made of it. :rolleyes:

$20k for a transmission! :eek:
To hell with that!

BIGHONKEY
05-13-2009, 12:48 PM
ZR1 FTW!!!