PDA

View Full Version : Can I take a passenger down the track?

IWRBB
03-07-2009, 10:17 AM
Do any of the local tracks, preferably Kilkare, allow you to take a passenger with you down the track on T&T days? I'd like to take my girlfriend for a few passes down the track, as I don't do 130 MPH pulls on the street and she never gets to feel what this car can really do in the big numbered gears. She's only 100 lbs, so I think I'll be OK with the extra weight :) I could scrounge up a helmet for her.

331TwistedWedge
03-07-2009, 10:21 AM
no ... not since the 80's ... that would be cool to let someone else experience it with you, but its been a long time since tracks allowed that ...

kennebellcobra
03-07-2009, 10:42 AM
I would love it if they did...I keep trying to talk the wife into hiding in the back seat or the trunk:lol:

JIMS SVT
03-07-2009, 10:49 AM
Munice let ya when I was there last fall.

12seclx
03-07-2009, 10:56 AM
Munice let ya when I was there last fall.

Muncie is cool..... :cool2:

IWRBB
03-07-2009, 11:12 AM
Well, that sucks. I figured as much though since I've never seen that at any local tracks.

Jeff88coupe
03-07-2009, 11:40 AM
I haven't seen it allowed at any of the local track since maybe the late 80's. But I have seen it allowed at a private track rental day at Norwalk 4-5 years ago. You can blame the insurance companies.

Waffles
03-07-2009, 01:31 PM
Do any of the local tracks, preferably Kilkare, allow you to take a passenger with you down the track on T&T days? I'd like to take my girlfriend for a few passes down the track, as I don't do 130 MPH pulls on the street and she never gets to feel what this car can really do in the big numbered gears. She's only 100 lbs, so I think I'll be OK with the extra weight :) I could scrounge up a helmet for her.

I can get it done for ya at Thornhill. I must have taken passengers on dozens of passes last year. Mary, the owners g/f loves to ride with me. It's one of the nice things about an outlaw track sometimes. Next year will be a different story tho, once we're sanctioned.

IWRBB
03-08-2009, 04:57 PM
Damn, that's awesome, I'm gonna have to do that. I was talking to her about it last night and she really was bummed we couldn't do it. Thornhill is back to a full 1/4 now right? She loves Kentucky anyways, God's country down there, it'd be a fun road trip. I'll hit you up with a PM sometime this spring or summer. Thanks Chris.