PDA

View Full Version : Best "Fish and Chips" in the 'Nati?

mach_u
03-11-2009, 10:48 PM
So with all these lent-en fish advertisements around the place and the fact I grew up on Fish and Chips down under, the wife and and I have got a real hankering for Fish & Chips. Just wondering what you guys though the best place in the city was for a nice piece o' fried fish. Probably the favorite place for us so far is Cladaugh Irish Pub. Post up some reviews! :bigthumb

Kevin1989
03-11-2009, 11:03 PM
i have always like Long John Silvers.

:D

Mista Bone
03-11-2009, 11:16 PM
I've always wanted to try a few places, I would start in Covington thought, Like Cock & Bull and the like.

plattner01
03-11-2009, 11:34 PM
bonefish has a good fish chips. Actually had that for dinner tonite,funny that you posted a topic about it.

DeckerEnt
03-12-2009, 12:08 AM
Love Cladaugh at the levee!! Got to get a black and tan with it though....
Keith

Mista Bone
03-12-2009, 12:23 AM
I'd prefer a Murphy's Stout :)

Damn I'm hungry now!

bobtsgt
03-12-2009, 06:55 AM
Max & Ermas has some awesome baked fish and I really don't like fish.

Paul408Notch
03-12-2009, 07:15 AM
I tend to like the places in the ghetto. One of the less ghetto of the places is the Louisiana Fish Bar over on Queen City Avenue. They make some pretty tasty fish.

85_SS_302_Coupe
03-12-2009, 07:16 AM
I used to love Arthur Treachers in Eastgate mall but it's been gone forever.

Evil_Capri
03-12-2009, 07:41 AM
Nicholson's downtown and Brazenhead in Mason are a couple of my favorites. Brazenhead has real "chips" and not fries. I like both so a nice little change from time-to-time is cool with me . . . .

bestracing
03-12-2009, 08:11 AM

We had one in Ft. Mitchell years ago when I was a kid and we eat there quite often. From what I remember they were good!

bonefish has a good fish chips. Actually had that for dinner tonite,funny that you posted a topic about it.
That place is great and I'm not a huge seafood fan either. But I would consider the chef specials first before I'd get the fish and chips there. That would be like going to Red Lobster and getting steak. :D

Probably the favorite place for us so far is Cladaugh Irish Pub.
Thats probably one of a few places that has the closest thing to true europe style fish and chips in the area. Haven't been to "The Pub" yet in Crestview Town Plaza. I've heard they serve good food.

baturner0
Alabama Fish Market, on race st.....plenty for $$$$...buy one .. feed two

STEVE_POE
you should try the "PUB" Located across from J Alexanders. at the rookwood mall in norwood

mach_u
03-12-2009, 08:13 AM
Great suggestions, thanks guys! :bigthumb

Thats probably one of a few places that has the closest thing to true europe style fish and chips in the area. Haven't been to "The Pub" yet in Crestview Town Plaza. I've heard they serve good food.
I agree. It's definitely the closest thing to the Fish & Chips I had growing up in New Zealand. We have done in The Pub in Rookwood but to be honest their Fish & Chips were so so.

bestracing
03-12-2009, 08:18 AM
I agree. It's definitely the closest thing to the Fish & Chips I had growing up in New Zealand. We have done in The Pub in Rookwood but to be honest their Fish & Chips were so so.

Thanks for your input on that. When I do go there I'll try something else on their menu :bigthumb

glassman
03-12-2009, 09:05 AM
I tend to like the places in the ghetto. One of the less ghetto of the places is the Louisiana Fish Bar over on Queen City Avenue. They make some pretty tasty fish.

They have a place down on liberty on the corner of vine/race you can't get much more ghetto than that Paul. They are always busy & have a line out on the side walk Unless...... That is the favorite place for the whores & crack dealers to stand to pedal there goods & services.

glassman
03-12-2009, 09:13 AM
you should try the "PUB" Located across from J Alexanders. at the rookwood mall in norwood

Tried to go there not long ago and couldn't get in the place. We went to the Rusty Bucket in the front of Rookwood & the fish was good.

Aj you should go to Pelican's Reef on beechmont across from Pattison it's close to home & they have good food. :bigthumb:bigthumb

beefcake
03-12-2009, 09:14 AM

you hit it on the head my friend, best fish in the city

bobtsgt
03-12-2009, 09:33 AM

haha I use to be the fry cook there. I hated lent then :lol:

baturner0
03-12-2009, 10:17 AM
They have a place down on liberty on the corner of vine/race you can't get much more ghetto than that Paul. They are always busy & have a line out on the side walk Unless...... That is the favorite place for the whores & crack dealers to stand to pedal there goods & services.

Alabama Fish Market...Over the Rhine area...

98stangv6
03-12-2009, 11:24 AM
Not really a pub type place but Mr. Herbs by the airport has some amazing cod.

PKFIRE
03-12-2009, 11:29 AM

I second that! I just had take out from there last Friday. I'm on a diet but my selfcontrol was overcome by the best fried fish in Cincy. I ate the whole platter.:bigthumb

Gene
03-12-2009, 12:40 PM
Alabama Fish Market...Over the Rhine area...

Alabama Fish Market is pretty awesome. I just had lunch there a couple of days ago.

cstreu1026
03-12-2009, 12:53 PM
Great suggestions, thanks guys! :bigthumb

I ate at The Pub at the Green in Beavercreek and I had the same impression. To top it off I thought the beer was way over priced too.

JASON408
03-12-2009, 06:01 PM
alabama fish market in the hood is the good shi! its on the corner of race and liberty so you got to take your piece:AR15: but worth the trip :bigthumb i love it with all the hot sauce you can get .. you know getto style :lol: ( hot sauce goes on everything in the hood )

JASON408
03-12-2009, 06:03 PM
and get there by 11 on friday there will be a line around the block !!!! then you have to listen to the bums talking to the walls and stop signs :dummy:

Goldenpony
03-12-2009, 07:23 PM
We loved the fish & chips at the Cladaugh on the levee for years. Last two times we were there is sucked. Wish they'd get it together again.
Our new favorite is the Crooked Nail Pub near Mason. Fish & Chips and a cool Guiness - it don't get no better'n that.

dsmawd350
03-12-2009, 08:06 PM

Snoop dog actually did a song with taleb Kwali and Hi-tek( a cincinnati rapper) and in snoop dogs part he mentions Alabamas

"What's the name of the fish spot in the nati i like going to? yeah, Alabamas aint that the name of it? get me some nephew, that 3 peice dinner".

Goldenpony
03-12-2009, 10:29 PM
We loved the fish & chips at the Cladaugh on the levee for years. Last two times we were there is sucked. Wish they'd get it together again.
Our new favorite is the Crooked Nail Pub near Mason. Fish & Chips and a cool Guiness - it don't get no better'n that.

Sorry, that's Guinness.

Gene
03-12-2009, 10:34 PM

I always forget about the Crooked Nail...that was a pretty standard drinking spot for me when I lived in Evendale. Great Fish and Chips.

Mista Bone
03-12-2009, 10:58 PM
Molly Malones in Covington, dunno if the food is good just happened to drive past tonight.

Once I get this flu bug kicked in the ass I'll be up for some tasty Fish and Chips plus a beer or three.

No beer for 11 days now......I've been that weak from the flu.

85_SS_302_Coupe
03-24-2009, 09:28 AM
haha I use to be the fry cook there. I hated lent then :lol:

Now that is just funny.

You know that there's a very good chance that you once cooked me up a fish samich? :lol:

SVT Fan
03-30-2009, 06:36 AM
The Rusty Bucket at Rookwood does have verry good fish. Give it a try...you will like it.

Rick93coupe
04-02-2009, 10:04 PM
I overheard a few guys talking about that Alabama fish market the other day. The one guy said the Whiting was great. I'd like to roll through a place like that sometime.