PDA

View Full Version : two,too, or to...

stroked4eyes
03-15-2009, 07:38 PM
OK for future reference:

two...this one is easy. It is a number that resides between one and three.

to...it is mostly used as a prepositon or an adverb. Mostly shows motion, direction or intent.
Example: I'm going to fucking kill you if you use the wrong word.

too..mostly an adverb meaning in addition or an excessive amount
Example: He has too much money in that Corvette.

Example sentence using all three:

Instead of having two beers, I had too many and then posted my rant to everyone.

:cheers:

ibstrokin
03-15-2009, 07:45 PM
I understand why you wanted to post this, because too many people don't care. I suggest you go have two beers.

stroked4eyes
03-15-2009, 08:05 PM
I understand why you wanted to post this, because too many people don't care. I suggest you go have two beers.

I plan to have two more until I can't walk too far on my own :)

Mista Bone
03-15-2009, 08:47 PM
your nucking futs!!!!!!!

I know, you're.

Hatchback kid
03-15-2009, 09:46 PM
2- use it in every scenario, i am 2 hungy, there are 2 many ppl here, i have 2 cats, it works for everything :)

mach_u
03-15-2009, 10:03 PM
Don't even get me started on "seen" - ie. "I seen him do it just the other day." It's "saw" I saw, not I seen. It gets me fired up every time I hear somebody blatantly butcher the English language. For goodness sake people, English is your first language! :HYF::dummy::dummy:

Hatchback kid
03-15-2009, 10:18 PM
Don't even get me started on "seen" - ie. "I seen him do it just the other day." It's "saw" I saw, not I seen. It gets me fired up every time I hear somebody blatantly butcher the English language. For goodness sake people, English is your first language! :HYF::dummy::dummy:

Things like that i agree with, but a lot of the time ppl abbreviate well typing to make it faster, like capitol letters, i very rarely us them except for the first word, its just easier, "i seen him" just makes you sound stupid though, your right

Kwik92GT
03-15-2009, 10:23 PM
OK for future reference:

two...this one is easy. It is a number that resides between one and three.

to...it is mostly used as a prepositon or an adverb. Mostly shows motion, direction or intent.
Example: I'm going to fucking kill you if you use the wrong word.

too..mostly an adverb meaning in addition or an excessive amount
Example: He has too much money in that Corvette.

Example sentence using all three:

Instead of having two beers, I had too many and then posted my rant to everyone.

:cheers:

I hate that shit two. :bigthumb JFWY

ibstrokin
03-15-2009, 11:08 PM
The one that gets me is "how come" instead of "why".

Mista Bone
03-15-2009, 11:27 PM
Jonny sez screw u!

2Kblacksleeper
03-15-2009, 11:28 PM
It is always rough for me since i sell flooring, and people always come in and ask for that Prego flooring. I so want to tell them it is with the why the f**k would they want an edible floor? Do you know how dirty and disgusting that is. Along with it is next to the flour on the 2nd floor. Do a little research before you make a fool of yourself.

John

85_SS_302_Coupe
03-16-2009, 04:41 AM
I wouldn't say i have perfect grammer but i agree with stuff like this...it bugs me when people use such simple words wrong.

But, i have to say, what kills me more than anything is stuff like this:

HEY MY CARS GOT GT40 HEADS FORD RACING E303 CAM PORTED INTAKE BIG INJECTERZ BIG THROTTLE BODY TO OH AND I GOT ONE OF THEM TORNADO SUPERCHARGERZ THAT GOES IN THE INTAKE AND MAKES THE AIR SPIN AND ADDZ LIKE 50 HP IT RUNS BALLS OUT HOW MUCH HP DO I MAKE WHAT WILL IT RUN MKAYTHXBYE

First, turn off the damned caps lock. Second, learn punctiation and how to form a proper sentence. Third, nobody has any clue about any of the questions you asked because of about a dozen different reasons and because by the time they finish reading your post, they no longer care to help you because reading it has frustrated them to no end.

Mista Bone
03-16-2009, 05:17 AM
I hate when people post in threads as if they are texting someone.

On my home forum I just simply ask for a translation of the post. It pisses off the newbie and either they post normally, or get pissed off, rant, then never come back.

RIXXX93GT
03-16-2009, 09:17 AM
Here is my favorite...
If we would race you would loose big time.
translation
If we were to race you would lose big time.

Loose= not tight as in "that knot is too loose"
Lose= to not win as in " I crossed the finish line first so you lose"

BigBadStang
03-16-2009, 09:33 AM
:lol:
Don't forget "affect" and "effect".

"There are five distinct words here. When “affect” is accented on the final syllable (a-FECT), it is usually a verb meaning “have an influence on”.

Occasionally a pretentious person is said to affect an artificial air of sophistication. Speaking with a borrowed French accent or ostentatiously wearing a large diamond ear stud might be an affectation. In this sort of context, “affect” means “to make a display of or deliberately cultivate.”

Another unusual meaning is indicated when the word is accented on the first syllable (AFF-ect), meaning “emotion.” In this case the word is used mostly by psychiatrists and social scientists—people who normally know how to spell it.

The real problem arises when people confuse the first spelling with the second: “effect.” This too can be two different words. The more common one is a noun: “When I left the stove on, the effect was that the house filled with smoke.” When you affect a situation, you have an effect on it.

The less common is a verb meaning “to create”: “I’m trying to effect a change in the way we purchase widgets.” No wonder people are confused. Note especially that the proper expression is not “take affect” but “take effect”—become effective. Hey, nobody ever said English was logical: just memorize it and get on with your life.

The stuff in your pockets? Your personal effects.

The stuff in movies? Sound effects and special effects."

:lol:

See...it's just as simple as that! ;)

mailman
03-23-2009, 01:12 PM
OMFG LOLz tahts prolly 1 of the most annoying things i seen on the interwebz is when ppl dont no what to to use and are not punctual by not using periods n stuff

Gene
03-23-2009, 01:40 PM
Remember, proper capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.

mach_u
03-23-2009, 03:15 PM
Remember, proper capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
:lol: You are not right!

Holly
03-23-2009, 03:34 PM
You opened up a big ole can of worms with me on this issue.

Myspace aggravates me. People put their "moods" on there, and half the time, the words are spelled wrong. :tard: Google is your friend. :bigthumb

ffmueller81
03-23-2009, 04:15 PM
What about tonight and tonite.......that pisses me off to no end.

tonite is a chemical compound used in making dynomite.

Mista Bone
03-23-2009, 04:26 PM
What about tonight and tonite.......that pisses me off to no end.

tonite is a chemical compound used in making dynomite.

http://areopagus1.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/dynomite.jpg

You mean DynAmite?

Alfred Nobel created it.

Gene
03-23-2009, 04:32 PM
Myspace aggravates me. People put their "moods" on there, and half the time, the words are spelled wrong. :tard: Google is your friend. :bigthumb

In my defense, when I misspell my Facebook mood, it's usually because I was entering it on my BlackBerry and didn't notice before I hit update. Those little keys suck.

Waffles
03-25-2009, 03:00 AM
Things like that i agree with, but a lot of the time ppl abbreviate well typing to make it faster, like capitol letters, i very rarely us them except for the first word, its just easier, "i seen him" just makes you sound stupid though, your right

you're

But hey, at least you got "a lot" right! :bigthumb