PDA

View Full Version : 1994 Mustang GT Convertible TFS Build

CNTLOSE
03-16-2009, 07:34 PM
Well I started my first posting in the section with my 22k mile 92 LX. I had the intention of tearing into and putting the Trick Flow Street Kit on it. Well after several lashings for wanting to tear into such a nice low mileage stock car, I decided to get something else to build.
Well my wife enjoyed the '88 GT 'vert we had last summer so I thought I would look for another...easier to sell her on the purchase :lol:
For some reason I always liked the 94-95 Chrome Yellow GT's, and I found one on this site for sale. The car is a 1994 GT 5 speed and appears to be completely stock with 97k on her.
Well I purchased her on 03/03/09 and I have been driving her quite a bit since then. Well with it finally warming up I have decided it is time to begin the build. I have exchanged, sold, and ordered all the parts needed for the 94 vs the 92...I think :confused:. So tonight I will start the build on the motor, and hope to have it done within 2 weeks, taking my time to detail the engine bay and paint the various brackets.
Here are a few pics of what I am starting with.

14724 14725 14726

I have never worked on a SN95 so if you have some pointers feel free to send them to me. (I heard one of the fenders has a 25lb weight?) I already plan on having it dyno tuned once it is done.

Rich
03-16-2009, 10:20 PM
What headers you planning on running Matt?

Beautiful car by the way...

CNTLOSE
03-17-2009, 01:32 AM
Plan on running a complete MAC set up with dumps. That is what I ran on my last LX and I liked the sound and looks compared to a lot of others.

Maximus
03-17-2009, 01:33 AM
That will sound sweet.:bigthumb

chris91
03-17-2009, 12:36 PM
Hell yeah, another guy doin somethin with a SN vert. Im hoping to have mine done in the next month. Gotta pull the heads off mine. Such fun! Good luck with yours though!

Kevin1989
03-17-2009, 03:35 PM
:( i wanted that car so bad haha,

Give it hell!

CNTLOSE
03-17-2009, 07:13 PM
Hell yeah, another guy doin somethin with a SN vert. Im hoping to have mine done in the next month. Gotta pull the heads off mine. Such fun! Good luck with yours though!

Thanks!

Yep that was when I reached my stopping point for the day. Of course not having the right tool to remove the PS pump / bracket did not help.

I am hoping to get the engine compartment half as clean as yours!

CNTLOSE
03-17-2009, 07:21 PM
Well I ended up starting this afternoon and was able to get it tore down to the heads and intake. Did not have the special pulley puller for the power steering pump, so ran to AutoZone to borrow one. Well of course I did not check the threads until I got home and found they were smashed almost flat. So with the that and the evil eye from the wife I knew it was time to stop. Here are a couple pics of where I am at now. I hope to get the PS pump and bracket off tomorrow so I can start with the detailing.
http://i461.photobucket.com/albums/qq336/cntlose92/94%20GT%20Build/100_4171.jpg
http://i461.photobucket.com/albums/qq336/cntlose92/94%20GT%20Build/100_4175.jpg

SN95N/A
03-17-2009, 09:00 PM
Yea Have fun Man jus finished doin all that to 2 SN cars.

winner70ta
03-18-2009, 09:33 AM
Wow! She is going to be a whole different ride when you finish with her Matt. Keep at it man! :bigthumb

turbostang95
03-18-2009, 11:33 AM
car is clean, its always fun when you first start your project. I think that a set of mac long tube headers, a Dr. Gas x-pipe with a set of 40 series 2 chamber flowmasters makes these cars sound killer. Good luck with the tear down

CNTLOSE
03-19-2009, 02:43 AM
Well today...technically yesterday...I removed the PS, AC, and related bracket. The exhaust has the strongest rust mites holding it together and even with my "earthquake" impact I could not get them to break loose. So "today" I am going to take a long chisel to them and split the bolts...not resuing the stock exhaust so what does it matter.
I did start pulling some wiring harness out of the way and start cleaning the engine compartment. Also discovered a leak at the rear of the oil pan. So now I am trying to decide to pull the motor and fix just the gasket, or say hell with it, pull the motor and stroke it!...but then their is that issue of money right now so I will probably go the cheaper route...for now.

CNTLOSE
03-20-2009, 08:51 PM
Took yesterday off to do the family thing. Started the war with the rust mites on the exhuast this afternoon. I finally got 2 of the 4 bolts off at the header. Buy no matter how hard I tried I could not get the other two off. So to make sure I won the war against the rust mites I pulled out the sawzall. I figure since I am pulling the motor any way I can pull the upper half with the cats out after the motor is gone. So no more factory exhaust...that has to be rare...97k and still had factory mufflers.
So tomorrow it will back to cleaning the engine bay and will probably pull the motor Mon or Tue.

CNTLOSE
03-23-2009, 08:45 PM
Today I got the motor out and put on my new stand. If anyone is looking for one Harbor Freight has the 1000lb on sale for $39.99 orig. $59.99. I did not get a chance to start on anything else. Hoping to take a power washer and degreaser to the engine bay and engine block tomorrow. Will post pics tomorrow.

2007ShelbyCobra
03-23-2009, 09:04 PM
:eek: looks like its under the blade real quick, hopefully it all works out great

Rick93coupe
03-23-2009, 09:21 PM
Damn, your not wasting any time at all! I love to see cars detailed under the hood, it looks so much nicer!

CNTLOSE
03-23-2009, 11:47 PM
Damn, your not wasting any time at all! I love to see cars detailed under the hood, it looks so much nicer!

Yeah I was hoping to bring it to the Spring cruise but I am getting ready to hit a wall with backorder stuff...more time to clean I guess. If I still have my 92 LX I will probably bring it.

CNTLOSE
03-25-2009, 03:55 AM
Well here are some photos from a couple days ago when we yanked the motor. I powerwashed it today, but have not had a chance to take any pics. Tomorrow I hope to start sanding on the K member. I do not think I will be painting the complete engine bay. I can not find a yellow that matches so I am going with black and clear on the K member and a few other parts / areas. The top yellow on top is not in too bad of shap and will look fine for now with a little elbow grease and some touch up paint. I have also decided to have some items powdercoated by "mustangboy", and will be using a color similar to dark shadow metallic to complement the flat black of the trick flow intake and valve covers. Also after talking with the wife...who wants the car back on the road, I am going to leave the short block alone for now. That is pending when I open her up I do not find any issues.

Getting the last of the bolts off
http://i461.photobucket.com/albums/qq336/cntlose92/94%20GT%20Build/MustangParts002.jpg
Almost there...
http://i461.photobucket.com/albums/qq336/cntlose92/94%20GT%20Build/MustangParts005.jpg
Outta there!
http://i461.photobucket.com/albums/qq336/cntlose92/94%20GT%20Build/MustangParts007.jpg

Will post some more pics in a couple days showing engine bay progress.

winner70ta
03-26-2009, 02:47 PM
What a difference three weeks make! :eek:

CNTLOSE
03-26-2009, 03:32 PM
Yeah, and I think I sold my '92 LX so a new can of worms might be opening up on it!...a blower maybe?????

CNTLOSE
03-28-2009, 12:13 AM
Well I am still cleaning the engine bay out. I did get the k member painted and it looks pretty good, but makes everything else look like crap. Not wanting to make a shell of it so I can drive it this summer, I am leaving the top half the factory yellow, and just doing some touch ups. I have most of the over spray from undercoating off...the guys that put that stuff on must be blind. I will hopefully post some pics this weekend.

CNTLOSE
03-30-2009, 02:22 PM
Well this past weekend I went to the Columbus Swap meet and came home with the back of my Durango full. I purchased a set of progressive rate Eibach springs, the last set of MAC headers until the end of April, (Hence why it had been on backorder so long.), polyurethane bushings for the springs, MSD coil, plastic tubing for the wiring, and a bag full of sanding discs. Then today I sold a rearend I had for Datsun Z cars and purchased a set of Tokico D'Spec shocks. My FR King Cobra clutch also arrived last week, and I am meeting with Walter today to pick-up the FR clutch cable kit. My TB is supose to be here tomorrow, then I am shipping it and all my brackets to mustangboy for powdercoating.
Now with all the add ons I have done, and the birth of our fourth child I am running behind my two week project deadline. O'well family comes first, and as long as I can get it done before the Spring cruise I will be happy.
Here are some pics from before I painted the K member and finished getting the undercoating overspray off.
http://i461.photobucket.com/albums/qq336/cntlose92/94%20GT%20Build/100_4228.jpg
http://i461.photobucket.com/albums/qq336/cntlose92/94%20GT%20Build/100_4232.jpg
My wife thought this was funny so she took a pic of me scrubing the engine compartment...and yes it is an empty box sitting on the 92 LX's hood :lol:
http://i461.photobucket.com/albums/qq336/cntlose92/94%20GT%20Build/100_4231.jpg

chris91
03-30-2009, 03:05 PM
Looks like you havin fun man! Im really wishing I was able to yank my engine when I did mine. Wouldve made everything sooo much easier. Looks like you have a nice start on things though!

CNTLOSE
03-30-2009, 03:27 PM
Looks like you havin fun man! Im really wishing I was able to yank my engine when I did mine. Wouldve made everything sooo much easier. Looks like you have a nice start on things though!

By looking at your pics I thought you did. Only bad thing with mine is they do not make a matching yellow spray can paint for me to paint the top half. I do not want to take the fenders and front end off to do the whole thing in black until next winter...which is hopefully when I will change the block out.

chris91
03-30-2009, 04:04 PM
No I didnt, I might though when I go to replace the head gaskets so I can make the k member look nice too.

I wouldnt do it in black, for some reason I think bays done in anything other than body color just dont look as good. Have you tried Smyth? I had a couple people tell me they can put any paint in a aerosol can. Never called to verify this though. I know there are some websites that sell it too.

http://automotivetouchup.com/spray_paint.asp

CNTLOSE
03-30-2009, 06:03 PM
I agree I do not like black...unless on old muscle cars. Smyth does not carry paint, but they have a "paint store" in West Chester. I called and ordered a can from them and it should be here tomorrow. I will try it an see how it matches, and go from there...of course that means I need to start removing everything...lol

Thanks for the info!

chris91
03-30-2009, 08:33 PM
Awesome! Yeah I guess I couldve mentioned its the Smyth Paint store.lol

winner70ta
03-30-2009, 10:03 PM

The great thing about this was that he did not see his shadow so Spring starts early! :bigthumb

Good going Matt!

CNTLOSE
03-30-2009, 10:05 PM

The great thing about this was that he did not see his shadow so Spring starts early! :bigthumb

Good going Matt!

LOL :lol::lol::lol::rofl:

That was a good one.

66efistang
03-30-2009, 10:37 PM
If you don't have any luck with Smyth try the Savage paint store on Verity in Middletown (across from Pierson Chevrolet). I talked to them last summer and they should be able to mix up any paint you want and put it in glass bottle/sprayer that can be pressurized like a spray can for @ 30 bucks.

CNTLOSE
03-30-2009, 10:44 PM
Thanks, if the Smyth does not match I may give them a try.

Walter
03-31-2009, 04:39 AM
Looks good Matt.

CNTLOSE
03-31-2009, 09:35 PM
Looks good Matt.

Thanks, finally got around to painting the engine compartment today. Hope to shoot the clear tomorrow and start putting the engine together in a day or so.

chris91
03-31-2009, 09:48 PM
So I take it the paint matched up pretty good? Ill have to remember Smyth does that in the future. Any pics?

CNTLOSE
04-01-2009, 06:04 PM
So I take it the paint matched up pretty good? Ill have to remember Smyth does that in the future. Any pics?

Yeah it came pretty close, and will make the engine bay look a lot better. I still have a couple areas to paint and then I will post some pics. I also mailed out my brackets, TB, and thermostat housing to "Mustangboy" today to get powdercoated. Hopefully I will get them back by the end of next week, so I can start putting the motor together.

CNTLOSE
04-02-2009, 03:35 PM
Well some J/A at UPS could not read a shipping label and dropped my box off at the wrong address. So now my brand new TB, accessory brackets, timing chain cover, and thermostat housing are all hopefully sitting in a closed business. Needless to say this will delay my progress.
Oh and UPS is offering to refund my shipping cost...how nice. :flipoff:

chris91
04-02-2009, 03:45 PM
Ugh, that sucks. Good luck dealing with that mess.

BIGHONKEY
04-02-2009, 04:09 PM

That pic could only be more hillbilly if you were in there processing a deer. :)

Just kidding.

Looks like fun!!

CNTLOSE
04-07-2009, 12:36 AM
Well I have not had much of a chance to work on it this past week. The guy buying my LX is flying in tomorrow and will pick the car up tomorrow evening or first thing Wed. so I will have room to start painting and building the motor. I also need to paint a few areas on top of the engine compartment, but I have been waiting for the garage space to do that as well. Here are a couple pics of me testing the color match and getting the worse areas. The color is very close but since it will be mostly covered or in the shadows I do not think you will be able to tell.

I first did the trans tunnel to check the color match. Turned out close enough.
http://i461.photobucket.com/albums/qq336/cntlose92/94%20GT%20Build/100_4273.jpg

Here is a pic before I removed all the paper...now the suspension needs painted. :lol:
http://i461.photobucket.com/albums/qq336/cntlose92/94%20GT%20Build/100_4276.jpg

How I was seeing after all the paint fumes.
http://i461.photobucket.com/albums/qq336/cntlose92/94%20GT%20Build/100_4275.jpg

Ill get some more pics up in a few days.

CNTLOSE
04-08-2009, 05:34 PM
Well the LX is gone so I finally have room to work on the motor. I took the heads and intake off today and started getting the block ready for paint. Here are a couple pics of parts powdercoated by mustangboy.

winner70ta
04-08-2009, 09:37 PM
Nice progress there Matt, she is going to be soooo sweet when you are done. :bigthumb

Ryan218
04-09-2009, 03:08 PM
looking good. any updates?

CNTLOSE
04-09-2009, 05:35 PM
Hoping to get the motor together and in the car on my next days off. I might hold off on the suspension until after the cruise...I want to make sure I can make it. My D-Spec shocks arrived last week and I have a set of Eibach progressive rate springs ready to go. Looking at getting some C/C plates and rear control arms while I am at it.

CNTLOSE
04-12-2009, 08:06 PM
Well Mustangboy delivered my brackets, TB, and thermostat housing yesterday and they look great. One more night at work and I am off the next three. Hoping to bust ass and get this car to the Spring Cruise Sunday...if not maybe I will pray for rain...j/k

Rich
04-14-2009, 09:25 PM
Update time Matt...

CNTLOSE
04-15-2009, 02:30 AM
Well today I finished painting the engine compartment. I got the block, lower intake, water pump, alternator, and a few misc. brackets painted as well. I hope to pull the oil pan off tomorrow and get it painted along with the transmission. I am also going to recover the wires with some new black plastic tubing I bought at the swap meet.

I do not think it will be making the Spring Cruise as I had hoped. The backordered parts killed my schedule and I do not want to rush things now...can anyone tell me where the non-Ford parking will be there? :lol:

93hulk
04-15-2009, 05:32 AM
Thats goin to be a fun car. Keep up the good work Matt.

CNTLOSE
04-20-2009, 09:45 AM
Well I have set a new goal of having it done for the make-up date. The oil pan was pulled and painted, but I still need to powerwash the trans before painting it. I hope to have the engine done this week, and everything installed this weekend. Then I just have to pray it will run without a tune.

winner70ta
04-24-2009, 07:32 AM
Hey Matt, got a Friday update for all of us?

93hulk
04-24-2009, 11:53 AM
Hey Matt, got a Friday update for all of us?

Yeah what he said.:D

NaomiDstangLvr
04-24-2009, 01:44 PM
Well I started my first posting in the section with my 22k mile 92 LX. I had the intention of tearing into and putting the Trick Flow Street Kit on it. Well after several lashings for wanting to tear into such a nice low mileage stock car, I decided to get something else to build.
Well my wife enjoyed the '88 GT 'vert we had last summer so I thought I would look for another...easier to sell her on the purchase :lol:
For some reason I always liked the 94-95 Chrome Yellow GT's, and I found one on this site for sale. The car is a 1994 GT 5 speed and appears to be completely stock with 97k on her.
Well I purchased her on 03/03/09 and I have been driving her quite a bit since then. Well with it finally warming up I have decided it is time to begin the build. I have exchanged, sold, and ordered all the parts needed for the 94 vs the 92...I think :confused:. So tonight I will start the build on the motor, and hope to have it done within 2 weeks, taking my time to detail the engine bay and paint the various brackets.
Here are a few pics of what I am starting with.

14724 14725 14726

I have never worked on a SN95 so if you have some pointers feel free to send them to me. (I heard one of the fenders has a 25lb weight?) I already plan on having it dyno tuned once it is done.
Lord I hate you! I've been wanting one like that so bad!!!!! :lol:

CNTLOSE
04-24-2009, 01:58 PM
The motor is almost done, just a couple things left to bolt on. Will be putting the motor in the car on my next set of days off. I was going to post some pics now, but apparently my wife took our camera with her this afternoon.

I also have a set of chrome Cobra 2000 R wheels I traded for, so they should look killer on her. I will post some pics as soon as she returns with the camera.

CNTLOSE
04-24-2009, 05:13 PM
Here are a few pics. I still need to re-wrap the wires with the new plastic, paint the AC and PS. The engine would have been done yesterday until I discovered I had been sent a fox body water pump, not a SN95. Of course I did not realize it until I had already painted and cleared it. (So I have a new fox one painted black if your intrested :lol:.)
The engine bay come out okay for my first attempt at painting it a body color vs black. It's going to be a driver so I am not too worried about it. The oil pan was suppose to be a dark grey but came out more pewter...I may just paint it black like everything else. The wheels are 18' Chrome '00 Cobra R's and should look pretty kick ass with the suspension changes. Here are a few pics...almost there!
15165 15166 15167

mustangboy
04-24-2009, 06:30 PM
You know you could always have that oil pan powdercoated:bigthumb Looking nice, can't wait till you have it on the street.

CNTLOSE
04-24-2009, 06:33 PM
After that color came out way off I wish I would have.

winner70ta
04-24-2009, 08:37 PM
The wheels are 18' Chrome '00 Cobra R's and should look pretty kick ass with the suspension changes. Here are a few pics...almost there!
15165 15166 15167

Hella Yeah! Those are going to look great. What size tires ya got for them?

93hulk
04-24-2009, 10:04 PM
Nice! That thing is going to be bad ass Matt.:bigthumb

CNTLOSE
04-25-2009, 02:28 PM
Hella Yeah! Those are going to look great. What size tires ya got for them?

275's on the rear and if I remember right 245's on the front.

CNTLOSE
04-25-2009, 02:30 PM
Nice! That thing is going to be bad ass Matt.:bigthumb

CNTLOSE
04-28-2009, 07:33 PM
Well I am off the next 5 days so I am hoping to bust ass and get this done for the cruise...if it does not rain.

Gregg@TFS
04-30-2009, 04:30 PM
:bigthumb:bigthumb:bigthumb

CNTLOSE
05-02-2009, 06:14 PM
Well I hit a big F'n road block today. Went to bolt the last header on so I could drop the motor in. Guess what...The flange for cylinder 4 is not level and will not mount flush with the head. I called the business I had bought them from out of TN. They told me to contact their MAC rep. on Monday :AR15:!!! So needless to say I have come to a dead stop. :bangwall: I finshed the day with installing the clutch cable and Ford Racing quadrant. After that I was too pissed to work anymore and called it quits for the day. Tomorrow I am going to try and get the fuel pump installed and then I wait until Monday to find out what MAC is going to do for this bum header. :mad:

So I may make the cruise-in with my new Jeep. :lol:

CNTLOSE
05-04-2009, 01:52 PM
Called the rep. for MAC today. MAC is still weeks behind in production of Mustang headers. So I am screwed for the time being. I am going to look at purchasing another brand so I can get this car back on the road.

CNTLOSE
05-06-2009, 12:47 PM
Well the MAC rep found me a set of HTS coated headers and I swapped them out today. So back to getting this beast on the road.

Markcore
05-06-2009, 02:04 PM
Cool project! I wanted that car when I saw it for sale on here. Looking forward to seeing it when your finished!!! Gonna sound and feel like a new car your done.

mustangboy
05-06-2009, 03:26 PM
Glad to hear you got the header issue resolved, now hopefully this set fits.

CNTLOSE
05-06-2009, 06:21 PM
All is well. I got the headers on and a few other things today. Also started getting some of the brackets put back in place in the motor bay. Here are couple photos of where I am currently. I also painted the A/C and PS pump black to match everthing else.

15268 15269 15270

chris91
05-06-2009, 06:24 PM
Lookin good man! Im kinda mad now, after seeing your pic of the empty bay I am realizing my Vert does not have that X Bar like all verts are supposed to have.

winner70ta
05-06-2009, 07:47 PM
Coolness! Can't wait until you get it back out. :bigthumb

CNTLOSE
05-09-2009, 05:24 PM
I have set Tuesday 5/12 as the day the motor goes in. :cool2: It is killing me with this nice weather and the car sitting in the garage. Whatever is not done, repainted or clean can wait until I put a stroker in it....the car is also blocking my riding lawn mower :lol:

CNTLOSE
05-12-2009, 08:42 PM
So today was the day! I said it all week to myself and reminded my father over and over. However, if anything could go wrong it did. First I dropped a plastic cap from on of the injectors down the intake. So there went 30 mins taking it off to retrieve the little cap. (Note to self...leave tape covering holes.) Then when putting the intake back on I dropped an intake bolt down the distributor opening. So there went an hour taking the oil pan back off. :bangwall: (Note to self...again...leave tape over holes.) Well finally a few hours and a few beers later we got the motor in! :pump::pump::pump: So I am off the next 3 days and I my goal is to drive it to work Saturday.

zlou363lx
05-12-2009, 10:35 PM
sweet deal. i hate when i drop stuff in the open holes lol. tape is good. anyways it's looking great. good job on it

bascom123
05-13-2009, 07:12 AM
Makin sweet progress there.. Love the engine compartment.

CNTLOSE
05-16-2009, 12:17 AM
Well today I met with bascom123 and bought his old GT bumper which was off of a '98. Instead of the black bottom like the 94/95's it is solid body color. So tonight while I had the tank out I changed the bumper cover. I also got the fuel pump changed, just need to get the tank back onto the car. My Saturday deadline is out, but it is going to rain so it would be in the garage anyway.
From this...
http://i461.photobucket.com/albums/qq336/cntlose92/94%20Yellow%20GT/MustangParts007.jpg
To this...
http://i461.photobucket.com/albums/qq336/cntlose92/94%20GT%20Build/100_4506.jpg
and finally this is the result.
http://i461.photobucket.com/albums/qq336/cntlose92/94%20GT%20Build/100_4508.jpg

Now the car just needs a good detailing...after I get it running. :lol:

CNTLOSE
05-16-2009, 05:57 PM
Started getting the exhaust on today and cleaned up the garage. Also got to look at the new bumper in the sunlight. Looks like it should match almost perfect, if not perfect. I was worried with it being a 30k bumper and the car being a 97k car they would not match. :)

All I have left to get it running is finish the exhuast, plug all the wiring in, and mount the complete intake and radiator. :D

Then onto installing the suspension componets...after I drive it for a few days.

bascom123
05-17-2009, 11:28 AM
Well today I met with bascom123 and bought his old GT bumper which was off of a '98. Instead of the black bottom like the 94/95's it is solid body color. So tonight while I had the tank out I changed the bumper cover. I also got the fuel pump changed, just need to get the tank back onto the car. My Saturday deadline is out, but it is going to rain so it would be in the garage anyway.
From this...
http://i461.photobucket.com/albums/qq336/cntlose92/94%20Yellow%20GT/MustangParts007.jpg
To this...
http://i461.photobucket.com/albums/qq336/cntlose92/94%20GT%20Build/100_4506.jpg
and finally this is the result.
http://i461.photobucket.com/albums/qq336/cntlose92/94%20GT%20Build/100_4508.jpg

Now the car just needs a good detailing...after I get it running. :lol:

Looks great man! glad it worked for you..

shadez14
05-19-2009, 08:11 AM
Man, That's such a different car than I remember and totally for the good. Can't wait to see pics of it on the road!

CNTLOSE
05-24-2009, 09:15 PM
Well today we got the gas tank back on and the exhaust finished. I ran into a problem with the o2 sensors. I have a brand new set for a fox body, and I thought they would work on my '94...wrong. So I am going to order me a new set tomorrow I guess. All I have left is finish the wiring (plug in stuff), radiator, and put the complete intake back together and she will be running again! :D

80 hate
05-25-2009, 06:23 PM
Man it looks good! Nice to see another vert car getting done.

CNTLOSE
05-25-2009, 06:26 PM
Man it looks good! Nice to see another vert car getting done.

CNTLOSE
05-27-2009, 05:07 PM
Well my MM control arms arrived today. Tomorrow I am flying to Nashville to pick up a '89 SSP to add to my collection. So I will have this car running by the end of the weekend (I hope)...I need the garage clear so I can park the SSP in there.

shadez14
05-28-2009, 07:58 AM
What state is the 89 originally out of? I miss my 90 SSP :(

CNTLOSE
05-28-2009, 05:39 PM
What state is the 89 originally out of? I miss my 90 SSP :(

Washington State...It was a Washington State Police car.

winner70ta
05-28-2009, 06:03 PM
Matt, I know that you are getting close to firing the 'vert up, but will you drive it a bit before doing the suspension and wheels?
-Bob

CNTLOSE
05-28-2009, 06:31 PM
Matt, I know that you are getting close to firing the 'vert up, but will you drive it a bit before doing the suspension and wheels?
-Bob

The wheels I will change out, but I will wait on the suspension...I want to drive the beast :lol: Also I want to get new sway bars and do it all at one time. The suspension is a one day operation so when I do it as long as nothing goes wrong it should only be down that day...I hope.

I am shooting for tomorrow on getting it running. My daughters graduate preschool in the morning and my wife and I are both off. So hopefully she will give me the garage time I need to get it done.

shadez14
05-28-2009, 10:42 PM
So i take it you have twin girls? That's gotta be a budgeting nightmare with the cars

CNTLOSE
05-29-2009, 07:13 PM
...plus I have a two year old boy and a 3 month old girl. Hence why it has took so long to get this car done.

I did get alot done today. Most of the wiring is done, dist. is back in, valve covers are on for good, oil fill tube in, etc... Should hopefully only be a couple more hours of work until she is running again.

CNTLOSE
05-31-2009, 09:52 PM
Well today we mounted the intake, finished the wiring, made a EGR block off plate, oh yeah dropped way too much money on a new alternator and O2 sensors. Only thing left is TB, MAF, CAI, mount radiator, and fill all the fluids. Should be running by tomorrow afternoon. Still need to get a couple bolts for EGR plate and other small things.

shadez14
06-01-2009, 03:47 PM
...plus I have a two year old boy and a 3 month old girl. Hence why it has took so long to get this car done.

I did get alot done today. Most of the wiring is done, dist. is back in, valve covers are on for good, oil fill tube in, etc... Should hopefully only be a couple more hours of work until she is running again.

Saying you have your hands full would be an understatement!

CNTLOSE
06-01-2009, 03:58 PM
Well I am almost there...but these two damn screws are holding me up. I can not get one of the sensors off the stock TB. My dad has a punch we are going to try hopefully tomorrow. After that 90 mins more work and she is running. Here are a couple pics of where I am at...and what is holding me up!
http://i461.photobucket.com/albums/qq336/cntlose92/94%20GT%20Build/100_4595.jpg
http://i461.photobucket.com/albums/qq336/cntlose92/94%20GT%20Build/100_4594.jpg

And this is what is PISSING ME OFF

http://i461.photobucket.com/albums/qq336/cntlose92/94%20GT%20Build/100_4596.jpg

shadez14
06-01-2009, 04:51 PM
Have you tried something as common as vice grips? My wife got me a few extras for x-mas from Lowes and there is a needle nose pair of locking vice grips. Might be worth picking up for a couple bucks instead of re-tapping. Also, I would hose the screws with pb-blaster and left sit for 30-60 minutes, then try with the pliers/vice-grips.

winner70ta
06-01-2009, 09:56 PM
Maybe use a dremel with a cutting disc and just make one long slot on the screw head and use a flat tip screwdriver?

chris91
06-01-2009, 11:01 PM
Tried a impact driver yet? Willing to bet that would get them out.

http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/itemdisplay/displayItem.do?itemid=93481&CategoryName=&SubCategoryName=

mustangboy
06-01-2009, 11:06 PM
Simple trick that usually will work. Simply put a proper fitting screw driver on the screw and tap the end of it with a hammer a few times. Many times that will break it free. I guess the same idea as the impact driver but free.

CNTLOSE
06-02-2009, 02:51 PM
Tried a impact driver yet? Willing to bet that would get them out.

http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/itemdisplay/displayItem.do?itemid=93481&CategoryName=&SubCategoryName=

Yep, that is what I had been trying...but by myself. I do not have a vice to hold it perfectly still so I do not get the full benifit. I am hoping my father will stop by and we can get it tonight.

chris91
06-02-2009, 03:19 PM
Ah, yeah I bet that would be a PITA by yourself without a vice.

347sc
06-02-2009, 03:28 PM
Drill the heads off and use new screws. Take you 5 minutes tops.

Pitbull1052
06-02-2009, 03:30 PM
I just buy a new sensor unless it's one of those expensive lil boogers.........

CNTLOSE
06-02-2009, 04:54 PM
Drill the heads off and use new screws. Take you 5 minutes tops.

That will be the last resort...because then I have to find screws to replace them :lol:

CNTLOSE
06-02-2009, 04:57 PM
I just buy a new sensor unless it's one of those expensive lil boogers.........

I was thinking that, especially if it breaks...but they are $85 bucks :eek:

shadez14
06-03-2009, 08:51 AM
So, did you make any headway last night?

CNTLOSE
06-03-2009, 03:40 PM
Yep got the screws off so I am in business. Tonight is my Friday so tomorrow I am going to get it all back together and running...I hope.

shadez14
06-03-2009, 05:05 PM
Very nice. Can't wait to see it on the streets!

CNTLOSE
06-08-2009, 07:49 PM
Well now the only thing holding me up is the two screws holding the MAF sensor on the stock housing. I broke my 8-point socket getting the intake cover off, and I need one with the hole in the middle. So I just need the time to get to the store and get that socket and I will be in business.

Almost there...

RACEME
06-09-2009, 06:24 AM
Well now the only thing holding me up is the two screws holding the MAF sensor on the stock housing. I broke my 8-point socket getting the intake cover off, and I need one with the hole in the middle. So I just need the time to get to the store and get that socket and I will be in business.

Almost there...

I got my saftey torx at harbor freight. They have lasted several years as you don't need the saftey torx type very often.

CNTLOSE
06-09-2009, 03:50 PM
I got my saftey torx at harbor freight. They have lasted several years as you don't need the saftey torx type very often.

Yeah, I think the only time I use them is when I take the intake apart and remove the MAF sensor. They seem to last for about two cars before snapping. I am off this weekend so I will pick a set up then.

Rich
06-13-2009, 11:31 AM
Well?

CNTLOSE
06-13-2009, 02:49 PM
Well?

I tell you what...anyway this car can fight me it does. Was putting the CAI and MAF on this morning and guess what. The damn bolts in the kit are too short. They go into the two brackets leaving only 1/2 a thread for the nuts. My wife had to go to work so I am playing Mr. Mom now and can not run to Lowes to get the longer bolts until tomorrow.

So close, yet so far away...

CNTLOSE
06-16-2009, 08:41 PM
Well got the bolts figured out, now trying to find a belt to fit. I took all the polution crap off, so no air pump. Purchased a 90.2 belt as I read that was the size to get...too long. Now I have been told 89.5 or 89.1. Well Savage has the 89.5 one, so I hope to get it tomorrow morning when I get off work. I am guessing it won't work...why would it? :confused: Seems to be my luck lately. :mad:

mustangboy
06-16-2009, 08:54 PM
Hey Matt PM me your # and I will call you tomorrow

chris91
06-17-2009, 01:07 AM
Check this out.

http://www.allfordmustangs.com//Detailed/660.shtml

If your running underdrives itll be smaller though. Best bet is to buy a few of em and just return the ones you dont need.

zlou363lx
06-17-2009, 06:23 AM
use a soft measuring tape(used for sewing) or a piece of string to measure it out. if you use the string cut it to length and take it to the auto parts store with you.

CNTLOSE
06-17-2009, 05:20 PM
Check this out.

http://www.allfordmustangs.com//Detailed/660.shtml

If your running underdrives itll be smaller though. Best bet is to buy a few of em and just return the ones you dont need.

LOL, that is the site I received my answer. I was told 89.5 for stock pulleys and 89.1 with underdrives. But now I am currious after looking at the diagram if they both will be too long since I am running underdrives :confused:.

I could not get to Savage today so hopefully I can get it tomorrow.

Thanks for all the replies :bigthumb

CNTLOSE
06-17-2009, 05:22 PM
use a soft measuring tape(used for sewing) or a piece of string to measure it out. if you use the string cut it to length and take it to the auto parts store with you.

I actually tried to find one the other day. Instead I went back to Autozone and purchased another belt. :doh: Should have just went to the fabric store and saved myself some time. If these 89 sizes do not work that is what I will do. :bigthumb

chris91
06-17-2009, 05:40 PM
Are you running AC? If not then use this part number, youll have to remove the upper tensioner though. This is the exact belt I ran on my old 94 with underdrives and no AC or Smog.

Dayco #5060790

CNTLOSE
06-17-2009, 05:48 PM
Are you running AC? If not then use this part number, youll have to remove the upper tensioner though. This is the exact belt I ran on my old 94 with underdrives and no AC or Smog.

Dayco #5060790

Thanks, If all else fails I may do that. AC works so I have left it on, but if it comes down to it I will go that route.

chris91
06-17-2009, 05:52 PM
No problem, I wish mine still had A/C. The previous owner took everything out though.

CNTLOSE
06-18-2009, 09:11 AM
Well it looks like the 89.5 belt will work. Tried briefly to put it on, and it is just there but a tad too small. I am going to unbolt the alt. and try it that way, or use a pry bar to slide it on...but for now its bed time. ZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Walter
06-18-2009, 09:57 AM
Why not do a 90?

CNTLOSE
06-18-2009, 06:12 PM
Why not do a 90?

I might do that, but I think this will work...just need a second set of hands to do it. But I think I would need a 89.8 or something. 90.2 was too big and a 90.0 I think would still be just a tad too long.

I wish autozone stocked belts by links, Savage raped me on the cost of this belt. If it works I may return it and find one on ebay now that I will know the correct size / part number.

CNTLOSE
06-18-2009, 06:15 PM
No problem, I wish mine still had A/C. The previous owner took everything out though.

But at least he replaced it with a blower :lol:

CNTLOSE
06-20-2009, 06:37 PM
Well the 89.5 belt worked! It is on the car and as soon as the little ones go to bed I will finish putting her together tonight. Only things left is add all the fluids, plug wires, put the overflow tank back on (Forgot it needed to be out of the way to put the belt on.) and a few other odds and ends.

Everyone keep your fingers crossed.

CNTLOSE
06-21-2009, 02:51 PM
Well put the car back together and went to start her. Almost had it running as I adjusted the timing, but then I noticed something...It was gas pouring out of the regulator. :mad: I had a nice puddle under the car. I pulled the regulator off and it was still on tight and seemed to be secure (I had to twist it to pull it off.). Not sure if maybe the O rings are bad or the regulator :confused:. I posted a quesiton up under another thread if anyone has any ideas.

winner70ta
06-26-2009, 03:36 PM
Do any good at getting her fired up?

CNTLOSE
06-26-2009, 08:09 PM
Well I have it running...sorta of. The timing is way off, so we have been trying every which way to get it right. We worked on it for a couple hours today before we were soaked in sweat. Going to try again in a couple days when it cools off.

1992MustangDW
06-26-2009, 09:40 PM
My little brothers mustang did that there are acually 2 o rings on them and he accidently left one off. This is one hell of a build

winner70ta
06-27-2009, 11:05 AM
Well I have it running...sorta of. The timing is way off, so we have been trying every which way to get it right. We worked on it for a couple hours today before we were soaked in sweat. Going to try again in a couple days when it cools off.
You think that the distributor maybe out 180 degrees if ya pulled it and not got back right? Hope that it is something easy and you get her fired up and out for test drive soon!

CNTLOSE
06-27-2009, 04:23 PM
You think that the distributor maybe out 180 degrees if ya pulled it and not got back right? Hope that it is something easy and you get her fired up and out for test drive soon!

Yeah, we turned 180 , then 90, then back again. We are pros...unfortunately...at moving the distributor. :lol: We make sure to mark it every time...so we can put it back. ;) Just wondering if something else is throwing things off. :confused: Worse case senario I will get pissed off enough and send it somewhere to get done and dyno tuned at the same time...which I was going to do already. :bigthumb

shadez14
07-01-2009, 04:46 PM
Getting antsy, any news?

CNTLOSE
07-01-2009, 05:36 PM
Well we have gave up and I am going to take it to a performance shop here in the next week or so. Based on feedback and talking with a few other people I think the SN95 computer just does not like this combo...especially the cam. I was going to have to get it dyno tuned anyway, so I figured I might as well go this route. Plus we have over 6 hours of troubleshooting in this and we have not made any progress. I am just trying to work out getting a trailer so I can get it up there...hopefully by the first of next week.

winner70ta
07-01-2009, 10:36 PM
Sorry to hear this as I know that you were excited about firing it up and letting her rip. I hope that you can get the car in and running at least by next weekend, if that is not asking too much, so you can get out and enjoy the new power with the top down.

CNTLOSE
07-03-2009, 05:39 PM
Well today she left on a Sandy's flatbed tow truck. :( She is heading to Precision Autosports to get the gremlins figured out and for dyno tuning. Hopefully I will have her back by the end of next week. :D I am very curious what kind of power she will put down. Once I get her back I will drive her for at least 1 week before I put the D-Spec shocks/struts, Ebiach Springs, and the chrome '00 Cobra R wheels on her. Then I get to start the long process of restoring my SSP. :eek:

Pops Fun
07-03-2009, 08:19 PM
keep us informed!

CNTLOSE
07-06-2009, 11:33 PM
Went to Precision today to sign some papers and so forth. Found out it was actually several small things keeping her from running. One of course was the timing, not sure how far off, but it was off. The other thing was a big vacuum leak. The studs Trick Flow sent in the kit were too long and were keeping the bottom of the elbow from meeting the intake completely flat. (They were able to find this with a smoke machine.) They did a heat cycle on her and all was good. Now she is waiting her turn for dyno time. Jeff stated it should be done in the next day or two pending the chip arrives tomorrow....God I can't wait!

Pops Fun
07-07-2009, 07:19 AM
Glad your getting to the bottom of it!! Good luck!!

shadez14
07-07-2009, 08:58 AM
Can't wait for the numbers and to see her back on the road by her own power.

CNTLOSE
07-09-2009, 06:06 PM
The car is done, and I will be picking her up tomorrow morning. I can not wait to see what numbers she posted.

winner70ta
07-09-2009, 11:46 PM
Hooray!! Time for you to have some fun :bigthumb

shadez14
07-10-2009, 09:51 AM
Should be a good weekend!

CNTLOSE
07-10-2009, 03:28 PM
The results:

301.75 Max Power & 336.74 Max Torque!

I am very happy with these results. The kit states 350 hp to the flywheel with a 306. This is a 97k mile 302!

The car is feels fast as hell for a N/A SN95 convertible with 3.08 gears. Now all I need is to stuff in some 3.73's :D

I will be off several days this coming week so I may go ahead and the get the suspension done. I will post some pics as soon as I get her cleaned up!

CNTLOSE
07-10-2009, 03:49 PM
Before I forget:

I want to thank everyone for their imput and information on getting this car mechanically done (For the time being :D). I also want to thank Jeff and the guys at Precision Autosport for getting her in running shape and dyno tuned so quickly.

chris91
07-10-2009, 04:30 PM
Hell yeah!! Congrats on gettin her finished up.

Walter
07-10-2009, 04:48 PM
Sweet!

shadez14
07-10-2009, 04:49 PM
Definitely keep the updated coming on the suspension, and hopefully swing some 3.73's

winner70ta
07-10-2009, 05:45 PM
Hope to see ya out and bum a ride from you. Will be a lot different than the last time I was in it for sure! :coo1:

zlou363lx
07-10-2009, 07:35 PM
Now all I need is to stuff in some 3.73's :D

how about some 355s? lol congrats. i know how it feels to have power and a 308 ring out back :lol: still fun though

Pops Fun
07-13-2009, 10:56 PM
Congrats... nice power.

CNTLOSE
07-15-2009, 09:00 PM
Thanks for all the compliments. I did not get around to getting the suspension done as I wanted. I have been too busy driving her and when I have not my wife is. :cool2: Hopefully I we will get to it next week. I am also hoping to take it to Tri-State Saturday and see what she can do with the 3.08. I am guessing mid 13's if I can get it to hook with the stock tires. :lol:

shadez14
07-21-2009, 01:21 PM
So any news? Did you get it over to Tri-State?

bascom123
07-21-2009, 01:34 PM
The results:

301.75 Max Power & 336.74 Max Torque!

I am very happy with these results. The kit states 350 hp to the flywheel with a 306. This is a 97k mile 302!

The car is feels fast as hell for a N/A SN95 convertible with 3.08 gears. Now all I need is to stuff in some 3.73's :D

I will be off several days this coming week so I may go ahead and the get the suspension done. I will post some pics as soon as I get her cleaned up!

Dude! sweet numbers. Glad that Jeff was able to hook you up. I told you he knew his SH!T. Looking forward to seeing the car run...

CNTLOSE
07-21-2009, 07:06 PM
Dude! sweet numbers. Glad that Jeff was able to hook you up. I told you he knew his SH!T. Looking forward to seeing the car run...

Thanks! They did a great job getting all the gremlins worked out and so forth. Hopefully I can run it this weekend so I can switch the suspension and wheels over.

CNTLOSE
08-05-2009, 08:04 AM
Well figured it was update time. I put on the '00 Chrome Cobra R's and will post some pics soon. I still need to get the suspension items on, and hopefully will before fall :rolleyes:. Right now it has the 4x4 stance, and I am not too sure I like these wheels. I think I would rather have something with black on them. I am picking up a Cobra nose from a member on Thursday and will hopefully be getting a Cobra R hood in the near future.

winner70ta
08-05-2009, 11:30 AM
I was wondering how things were going! Man, I will not recognize that car when you are done. Ya know, I always thought that some '03-'04 Cobra wheels on it would look great. Especially with some 315s tucked in the back :D

CNTLOSE
08-06-2009, 05:40 PM
Well I got the Cobra nose today, and it looks like I have someone intrested in my coupe. So if all goes well I may be getting the H.O. Fibertrends Cobra R hood in a couple weeks. Hopefully can have everything done and actually make it to a show with this car before the end of the year.

2Kblacksleeper
08-07-2009, 01:18 AM
I hope the bumper was ok for you? I never had any time to clean it up for you.

CNTLOSE
08-07-2009, 05:07 AM
I hope the bumper was ok for you? I never had any time to clean it up for you.

Yep, just can't wait to get it painted and put on the car. Thanks again for bringing to my house. :bigthumb

CNTLOSE
08-12-2009, 09:21 AM
Well today is the day! I am heading out to the garage to get the suspension done!...I hope.

shadez14
08-12-2009, 10:18 AM
Drum roll please

CNTLOSE
08-12-2009, 11:41 AM
Drum roll please

Keep it going. I have to wait for my father to get off work to finish the rear. I need a torch to get the nuts/bolts out of the rear control arms.

For a car having no rust and having a very clean undercarriage the bolts on this car must have been put on by Superman. My earthquake impact can't even break them loose...and they break everything loose...one way or another. :D

winner70ta
08-13-2009, 03:28 PM
You do any good or ya having to wait for the weekend? I think that we all know that schedules never go according to plan :rolleyes:

CNTLOSE
08-13-2009, 05:24 PM
You do any good or ya having to wait for the weekend? I think that we all know that schedules never go according to plan :rolleyes:

Well we did get the rear of the car done today. But the wife went back to work this afternoon so it limited my garage time. Hopefully will get to the front here in the next few days.

winner70ta
08-25-2009, 09:46 AM
Just checkin'.

CNTLOSE
08-27-2009, 04:31 PM
Well I finally got everything done. I will wash her up tomorrow and post some pics. The lowering made the wheels look a lot better, but I am still looking to get some black GT40 style wheels for her. Bad news is we broke the driver front ABS sensor and no one makes or stocks them...including Ford.

winner70ta
08-27-2009, 09:34 PM
She ought to look freakin sweet! I hope that the weather cooperates with you on the wash and shine :rolleyes:

CNTLOSE
08-27-2009, 09:46 PM
She ought to look freakin sweet! I hope that the weather cooperates with you on the wash and shine :rolleyes:

Hopefully it will give me 1 hour...that is all I ask :lol:

COOP
08-27-2009, 09:58 PM
Sweet car. Impressive numbers. That thing would look great with some corbeaus in it ;)

331TwistedWedge
09-10-2009, 08:04 PM
nice build :bigthumb ... did your kit come with the small street heat intake 0-5500 rpms and the stage 1 cam? ... if so, nice job getting 302 ponies to the wheels ...

CNTLOSE
09-11-2009, 04:07 PM
nice build :bigthumb ... did your kit come with the small street heat intake 0-5500 rpms and the stage 1 cam? ... if so, nice job getting 302 ponies to the wheels ...

Thanks!
Yep, street intake and stage 1 cam. Was originally going in my old LX AOD car is why I went with the street intake instead of the strip one. Precision Autosport in Beavercreek spent a lot of time getting eveything just right on the dyno and burning the chip.

331TwistedWedge
09-12-2009, 01:56 PM
Thanks!
Yep, street intake and stage 1 cam. Was originally going in my old LX AOD car is why I went with the street intake instead of the strip one. Precision Autosport in Beavercreek spent a lot of time getting eveything just right on the dyno and burning the chip.

before a few changes, i had the trick flow package on a 331 bottom end ... 350/356 to the wheels with ken at md ... nothing fancy, cheap rotating assembly ... it got me 11.55 at 117 mph ... heads are untouched and made power up to almost 6500 rpms ... not bad stuff for a simple street/strip stang ...

foxlake can do some nasty work to those twisted wedge heads ... over 300 cfms with the stage II port job ...

CNTLOSE
09-13-2009, 12:22 AM
before a few changes, i had the trick flow package on a 331 bottom end ... 350/356 to the wheels with ken at md ... nothing fancy, cheap rotating assembly ... it got me 11.55 at 117 mph ... heads are untouched and made power up to almost 6500 rpms ... not bad stuff for a simple street/strip stang ...

foxlake can do some nasty work to those twisted wedge heads ... over 300 cfms with the stage II port job ...

Thanks for the info. I had planned on a 347 but funds were needed elsewhere so I stuck with the stock short block. Future plans include a 347 and blower...Distant future :lol:

chris91
09-13-2009, 12:45 AM
Wheres the pics?! We wanna see!! lol

Stangman
09-13-2009, 02:06 AM
Same here! I'm just about done getting my SN95 back together from a LONG nap!

Kevin1989
09-13-2009, 08:44 PM
you ready to sell it to me now? i want that car.:)

CNTLOSE
09-15-2009, 06:53 PM
Wheres the pics?! We wanna see!! lol

I know, I know...I have been lazy. I actually got caught in the rain last week and have yet to wash her up. (Wife took my keys to the Jeep with her to work :mad:) I am hoping to take the vert and SSP to Armco Park this weekend to get some photos.

CNTLOSE
09-15-2009, 06:55 PM
you ready to sell it to me now? i want that car.:)

Not yet, I'm sure I could never get back out what I have put in...plus I still have more to do. :lol:

Have a OEM Cobra nose to get painted and put on.

CNTLOSE
09-27-2009, 02:50 PM
Well I finally got around to washing her from when my wife forced me to drive her in the rain. Although not at the park since it looked like rain, I did grab a few in my driveway. Sad thing is this photos may be used for a classified ad. Going to give it a couple days before I decide anything for sure though.

http://i461.photobucket.com/albums/qq336/cntlose92/1994%20Mustang%20GT%204Sale/100_5007.jpg
http://i461.photobucket.com/albums/qq336/cntlose92/1994%20Mustang%20GT%204Sale/100_5009.jpg
http://i461.photobucket.com/albums/qq336/cntlose92/1994%20Mustang%20GT%204Sale/100_5024.jpg
http://i461.photobucket.com/albums/qq336/cntlose92/1994%20Mustang%20GT%204Sale/100_5025.jpg

mustangboy
09-27-2009, 03:05 PM
Damn that is the nicest looking throttle body I have ever seen!!!

CNTLOSE
09-27-2009, 08:04 PM
Damn that is the nicest looking throttle body I have ever seen!!!

Brackets aren't bad either. :lol:

CNTLOSE
09-27-2009, 09:35 PM
Here are a couple more with the top down.

http://i461.photobucket.com/albums/qq336/cntlose92/1994%20Mustang%20GT%204Sale/100_5015.jpg
http://i461.photobucket.com/albums/qq336/cntlose92/1994%20Mustang%20GT%204Sale/100_5016.jpg
http://i461.photobucket.com/albums/qq336/cntlose92/1994%20Mustang%20GT%204Sale/100_5014.jpg

Walter
09-28-2009, 04:44 AM
Looks good! I looked at this before I went to bed last night, then I had a dream that my car was a convertable! WTF. I must say it was pretty sweet tho. LOL.

CNTLOSE
09-28-2009, 06:31 AM
Looks good! I looked at this before I went to bed last night, then I had a dream that my car was a convertable! WTF. I must say it was pretty sweet tho. LOL.

winner70ta
09-28-2009, 12:17 PM
She looks great Matt! Tell me it ain't so that you would sell after you just spent all of that time, labor and $$$! :eek:

CNTLOSE
09-28-2009, 02:20 PM
She looks great Matt! Tell me it ain't so that you would sell after you just spent all of that time, labor and $$$! :eek:

I probably won't, but I have been known to do dumb things like that. Have a couple things I need to get taken care of at home. Also I am getting ready to get a take home car from work so now it will sit even more. :( Hopefully the weather will stay nice next weekend and I can take it down to Tri-State and renew my love for her. :D

89grayGT
09-30-2009, 01:07 AM
Looks awesome man now drop it!! how does it run?

CNTLOSE
09-30-2009, 05:02 PM
Looks awesome man now drop it!! how does it run?

Thanks :bigthumb It has the Eibach Pro Kit on it in the photos. You should have seen it before I put those in...4x4 height. I am getting too old to slam them anymore. :lol:

CNTLOSE
02-02-2010, 06:55 PM
I thought I would bump this build thread since the car is for sale and a potential buyer might be intrested. Car is on ebay and listed here as well.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180462685212

CNTLOSE
02-02-2010, 07:14 PM
I thought I would bump this build thread since the car is for sale and a potential buyer might be intrested. Car is on ebay and listed here as well.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180462685212

Wow, since I bumped this I went ahead a read the whole thread again...Man I do not want to sell this car. :( Had forgot about a lot of the little things that I like about this car.

winner70ta
02-02-2010, 07:16 PM
Yes, you have definitely done some really nice mods to the car and it looks killer. It is very strange that she has not sold.
Bob

Yellow98Cobra
02-02-2010, 11:32 PM
Do not sell it. This is one sweet car. You will kick yourself when it is gone.

CNTLOSE
02-03-2010, 11:32 AM
Yeah...I'm pretty close to just keeping her. I will never get close to what I have in her and I have only drove it 700 miles since we finished the motor. I have a OEM Cobra nose for her too. Thinking about removing spolier, getting Cobra R hood, and putting on the nose if she is still around this spring...that I think will complete her...for awhile.

Kevin1989
02-03-2010, 12:42 PM
maybe if you have it when i pay my other car off ill buy this as well :D

95redstang
02-03-2010, 07:14 PM
hang on to it.. i would love to see how my car would stack up against yours at the track.. identical cars just different colors and you have basically trick flow parts if i remember right. its not a call out just want to do some comparing...

CNTLOSE
02-03-2010, 07:22 PM
hang on to it.. i would love to see how my car would stack up against yours at the track.. identical cars just different colors and you have basically trick flow parts if i remember right. its not a call out just want to do some comparing...

Yeah, I wish I would have made it to the track this past fall to see what it will run. I hate building cars and never taking them down the strip to see what they will run before selling them. It will need the rear gear swapped out to be competitive, currently she still has the stock 3.08 gears. I can't imagine how much a difference would be with some 3.73's in there. But of course then I need to get some drag radials because it is already like I am driving on glass tires...Mustang's, a never ending vicious cycle. :lol:

CNTLOSE
02-09-2010, 04:09 PM
Well I have decided to keep her and she is no longer for sale. I plan on starting the body mods this spring. I also am going to be taking her to Pigeon Forge this April for the Yellow Mustang Registry car show.

shadez14
02-09-2010, 04:23 PM
So what type of body mods we talking here?

CNTLOSE
02-09-2010, 06:12 PM
So what type of body mods we talking here?

I have a Cobra OEM nose already so that for sure. Plus get the Cobra fog lights and headlights. I am thinking of doing a spoiler delete and seeing how that looks. I like the Saleen S281 as well so I am not sure. Still want to get some black GT40 style wheels and will top it off with a classic design "roll" / third brake light bar.

shadez14
02-10-2010, 10:27 AM
With the light bar, are you gonna add a tonneu cover?

CNTLOSE
02-10-2010, 11:20 AM
With the light bar, are you gonna add a tonneu cover?

Not sure, I like the looks but unless your close to home you're screwed if it starts to rain or you need to leave it outside. Plus last time I looked I think they were around $400 before being painted to match...but you never know. :cool2: