PDA

View Full Version : 26 spline clutch alignment tool

Steves LX
03-19-2009, 01:37 AM
Does anyone know anywhere locally where I can pick up a 26 spline clutch alignment tool?

soslow
03-19-2009, 09:37 AM
When i cant find one when i put a clutch in, Just take the input shaft out of your trans and line the clutch in tthen put it back in and put trans in

Stangman
03-19-2009, 11:27 AM
Why take apart your trans? :confused:

Sounds like a serious waste of time there...

soslow
03-19-2009, 11:35 AM
Why take apart your trans? :confused:

Sounds like a serious waste of time there...
yeah a whole lot of time wasted 30 sec's

Stangman
03-19-2009, 11:51 AM
yeah a whole lot of time wasted 30 sec's

If you are that quick you oughta start building transmissions

Seriously, the time it takes to pop the trans apart, get the input out, line up your clutch, put everything back in, replace the bearing retainer, reassemble the top of the trans including sealing it up and waiting for the sealer to dry...

I want a DeLorean too

If that's the case, that will be the 3rd time Steve's trans will have been apart, maybe 4th, I havent spoke to him about it... why fix what isn't broke?

soslow
03-19-2009, 11:54 AM
If you are that quick you oughta start building transmissions

Seriously, the time it takes to pop the trans apart, get the input out, line up your clutch, put everything back in, replace the bearing retainer, reassemble the top of the trans including sealing it up and waiting for the sealer to dry...

I want a DeLorean too

If that's the case, that will be the 3rd time Steve's trans will have been apart, maybe 4th, I havent spoke to him about it... why fix what isn't broke? mike from dayton performance popped mine out and checked the gears inside within a few seconds theres a certain way you have to pull them out , i seen it with my own eyes

Stangman
03-19-2009, 12:01 PM
mike from dayton performance popped mine out and checked the gears inside within a few seconds theres a certain way you have to pull them out , i seen it with my own eyes

well if Mike did it I can believe it, but isn't a tremec the same basic design of a T5? (top cover comes off, bearing retainer comes off then you fiddle with the gearsets till the input comes out?)

I could certainly justify taking out the input if you are checking gears or even working on the trans, but to put a clutch in and having to take apart your trans, that just seems like creating too much work for yourself.

BTW, anyone know the specs of the pilot bearing in MM's? the tools are all over the internet if you know how big the bearing is

craigels
03-19-2009, 12:11 PM
Does anyone know anywhere locally where I can pick up a 26 spline clutch alignment tool?

Steve I have one in my tool box. Stop down at the shop today and grab it if you want!

Craig