PDA

View Full Version : Having a tough time finding a job.

98stangv6
03-19-2009, 11:19 PM
I have been job hunting for about two months now with no luck. I have used career builder, snagajob, craigslist, newspapers, even went from location to loctaion. The problem is that I am looking for a 2nd shift part-time job due to my school schedule. I have had calls from places but they want full-time 40+ hour workers. Being in my senior year of college I just can't do that. St. E also has called and is interested in me doing patient registration, but with their merge with St. Luke they have a freeze on hiring people. My bank account is getting low and I am getting frustrated. I have a very good work history, worked for FedEx as a package handler for 2 years, and a Medical place doing patient registration for 4 years.
Basically if anyone has any suggested places or knows of any openings I would really appreciate hearing about them. I am looking for 2nd or 3rd shift, between 15-30hrs per week, I would prefer to work in the NKY area, but would not be opposed to cross the river. The only thing I would really not like to do is fast-food. I am not opposed to factory work, lot tech/car washes, physical labor, anything in the criminal justice field, anything. Thanks guys. Screw this economy.

Mista Bone
03-19-2009, 11:58 PM
what hours are you looking for, 5p-10p for example?

snagajob, never heard of that site, I will check it out.

something I was gonna call about

http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/trp/1077427057.html

98stangv6
03-20-2009, 12:01 AM
Anything after 2pm til whenever honestly

306Power
03-20-2009, 12:34 AM
Have you thought about SIRS? Me and another member on here work there and while it is the most boring job ever, you make your own schedule. It's located right by NKU. We have been hiring from time to time the last month or 2. If you want more details PM me.

Black Horse
03-20-2009, 06:57 AM
Not sure if UPS is still hiring. I know a month or so ago they were looking for off-shift help.

98stangv6
03-20-2009, 09:06 AM
I will look into it. Thanks

blk93notch
03-20-2009, 05:01 PM
wow 2nd shift is usually the easiest to find cause no one wants those hours. good luck with the search. hope you find a job soon.

Mista Bone
03-20-2009, 05:29 PM
FedEx down past Florence as well.

TurboNG
03-20-2009, 10:45 PM
usajobs.com all Gov jobs and with Obama enlarging our Gov. there will be a large need. You could get a civilian job on base like Wright Patt. ect.

PaulFiveOh
03-21-2009, 12:48 AM
usajobs.com all Gov jobs and with Obama enlarging our Gov. there will be a large need. You could get a civilian job on base like Wright Patt. ect.

Good suggestion.

What are your skill sets OP?

98stangv6
03-21-2009, 02:39 AM
no possible way I would work at FedEx again, I was there for two years and it was not uncommon to go in for half an hour and then be told that the trucks were not on time and be sent home. I will check out that govt site, thanks guys

Mista Bone
03-21-2009, 12:15 PM
I was there for two years and it was not uncommon to go in for half an hour and then be told that the trucks were not on time and be sent home.

fug that!