PDA

View Full Version : The cincinnati zoo

DeckerEnt
03-22-2009, 05:36 PM
Went to the zoo today. It is such a great place. We have the gold membership for the family which means parking, trolly rides, train rides, and discounts at the food places and stores. Most of the animals were actually awake and moving around today.
I have been to a few zoos around the country and ours blows them all out of the water. We are lucky to have it here.
Keith

Black Horse
03-22-2009, 05:45 PM
It is definately one of the best! A friend was there a week or two ago, it was mating time for the elephants - :eek::lol:

12seclx
03-22-2009, 05:49 PM
I try to do the Cheetah Run there every year...
(around the end of August-beginning of Sept.)
Missed last year... but it's a little 5k run..

You run one lap through the zoo, then they send you
out on Vine St., then you turn up Forest Ave. (?) and back in
the zoo to finish the race...

Always a cool time... :bigthumb

plated
03-22-2009, 06:52 PM
i spent about 80 hrs there well it was work detail from hamilton county courts:D

Holly
03-22-2009, 08:05 PM
i spent about 80 hrs there well it was work detail from hamilton county courts:D

:lol:

I haven't been in 4 years, I'm ready!

Rich
03-22-2009, 08:22 PM
The last time I was there, about 3 years ago...it seemed run down. It looked old and dirty. Maybe I caught it at a bad time.

Last year we went to the Columbus Zoo, I was much more impressed by it.

1byafender
03-22-2009, 08:32 PM
we also have the gold pass. the kids love it. sucks all the up hill walking.

cstreu1026
03-22-2009, 09:23 PM
The last time I was there, about 3 years ago...it seemed run down. It looked old and dirty. Maybe I caught it at a bad time.

I was wondering how the Columbus Zoo was. I am a HUGE fan of Jack Hanna.

sean
03-23-2009, 12:25 AM
I would love to live right there by the zoo, if it wasnt such a bad area. I would love to be outside at night drinking a beer and hearing all the wild animals making noise. To hear a loin roar as you lay in bed at night would be great.

Pops Fun
03-23-2009, 05:54 AM
The zoo is great... We have a family pass. Don't go as often as we should though.

The other great atraction is the Museum Center.... what a great place!

PONYGRL
03-23-2009, 08:13 AM
I love the zoo, but haven't been in a couple years. I will definitely be getting a family pass when the time to have kids comes... it is perfect, cheap entertainment (if you go a lot) and they never get tired of it. Anyway, yesterday was an awesome day to go for sure :)

BigBadStang
03-23-2009, 10:08 AM
...You run one lap through the zoo, then they send you

I would bet money that is the quickest segment of the run!:lol:

Mustard
03-23-2009, 10:35 AM
You should really make the drive and check out the Zoo in Indy. It's only a couple of blocks form the Colts stadium. It's really cool.

bestracing
03-23-2009, 12:30 PM

I agree I'm more impressed with Columbus Zoo than with Cincy's. They had the feed the birds area way before cincinnati and they layout is so much nicer, No Hills!!

Still you have to give cincy zoo props for what they get with donations and entry fees (not enough IMHO) and they do have one top notch birthing center for the animals and are the tops for breeding animals that have been raised in captivity.

12seclx
03-23-2009, 03:27 PM
I would bet money that is the quickest segment of the run!:lol:

Well, it's definitely one of the quickest time slots for me....:)
But, 8:00 a.m. means everyone has just went to bed so
it's pretty quiet through there...

The best part is the start of the run... around 800 people
and the 14 foot width path through the jungle is like taking
a 6 lane freeway at rush hour, down to 2 lanes....:D

blown86lx
04-11-2009, 01:27 AM
I have been to a couple of zoo's and columbus is by far the best one i have ever been to. I have done some research and the columbus zoo is ranked in the top 5 in the U.S. Well worth the trip to go, plus there is a water park right next to it. You can park go to the zoo then go to the water park all at the same time!

MrsAPE
04-11-2009, 07:49 AM
Sounds like we need a SBZ field trip to the zoo!

djom1cincy
04-11-2009, 09:18 AM
I try to do the Cheetah Run there every year...
(around the end of August-beginning of Sept.)
Missed last year... but it's a little 5k run..

You run one lap through the zoo, then they send you

Always a cool time... :bigthumb

Should call it the run for your life. I've been in the hood that surrounds the zoo and its more dangerous than the places where most of the animals come from.