PDA

View Full Version : AOD transmission

STREETRODZ1
03-28-2009, 06:08 PM
So i bought a AOD, and its the first time i will be running one. I always have had 5 speeds and Chevy automatics, so, is there some kind of kick down cable or something, its out of a 91 gt, so i do not need a computer or anything right, it should all be self contained, but i noticed there is a plug with a harness coming of the tranny, i assume for the torque converter lock up. If i am missing something or there is something i need to know, tell me, like i said its my first AOD. Thanks
( I will be doing a c4 with a brake later, but i got a smokin deal on the AOD, and i hope to do a little cruizin with it in the car while i save for the c4 setup.)

STREETRODZ1
03-28-2009, 06:14 PM
And also the plate that goes between the motor and transmission, is it different from 5 speed to AOD, if so im gonna need that. Thanks.

mustangjon
03-28-2009, 08:13 PM
yes the block plate is different, and the wires coming out of the trans are the backup lights and neutral safety switch. The trans does need what they call a tv cable, similar to the kickdown cable to a chebby. But its dire important on an AOD, if its not on there or adjusted properly the trans wont have the right pressure and will cook very quickly. Do a quick search on google ect on the tv cable.

STREETRODZ1
03-28-2009, 09:55 PM
I thought AOD had a tv cable about like a 700r4, but i did not get it on the transmission, so i just wanted to be sure, Thanks