PDA

View Full Version : clutch issues

mustangjon
03-30-2009, 11:09 PM
ok well got the 3550 installed and finally wired up ect, well problems in paradise. The clutch wont disengage, pedal to the floor cant get in gear if on ground, cant get in reverse in air. Adjusted the cable all the way in eventually same scenario. The pedal has no play in it now, its firm from before the brake pedal feels smooth all the way down, yet same story. I dont have a firewall adjuster. The flywheel is centerforce billet, the clutch is a lightly used centerforce dual friction, pressure plate still had machine marks, steel scattershield mcleod with the tremec adaptor plate. Had to put the adjustable pivot ball almost all the way out to put the fork near half way in the bellhousing slot. with the ball about half way put the clutch fork near end of travel. With cable adjusted all the way in, the fork has no play the throwout bearing just begins to rest up against the pressure plate fingers. Is the throwout bearing suppose to be putting any pressure on the fingers before you engage the pedal? Any thoughts? Im tired and frusterated so i gave up thinking today, and im no manual trans expert by any means either

mustangjon
03-30-2009, 11:22 PM
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

im a dumbass!!!!!!!!!!!!! I found out the issue after i got thinking of what kind of a bell housing i had... I had to look at the want add... i had bought it from a guy that had it in a 94/95 so it had a spacer to go between the housing and the trans, so grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrr bright side i just need to pull the spacer out.