PDA

View Full Version : Rear shock ??????

2Kblacksleeper
03-31-2009, 06:35 PM
What is an inexpensive rear shock to go with? I have about $100.00 that i am looking into dumping back there for right now. The stock ones are completely dead.

I looked at the Kyb gas a just and the next one up from it. That one is the adjustable one. I mainly drive the car on the street. I will be going to the track often, but i dont know if i want a drag only shock. It is mainly a fun car right now.

My car still has stock springs. I plan on lowering in in the future. When i lower it i will do it right. That means springs, ball joints, bump steer, CC, and struts.

I thank you for your time in advance.

John

rmracing
03-31-2009, 06:48 PM
Strange shocks are pretty good and also inexpensive.

STREETRODZ1
03-31-2009, 11:36 PM
There is alot of good options out there, get you some 3 way adjustables so you can tune from the track set up to street driving, or say screw it like me and go 50/50 and drive it track ready all the time.

2Kblacksleeper
04-01-2009, 12:45 AM
This may sound dumb, but here goes anyway. What brand 3-way adjustable are you refering to?

I have looked at the local auto stores and was not to impressed. I will look for the Strange, anything else i may have missed?

Thanks again for the help.

John

Maximus
04-01-2009, 12:49 AM
This may sound dumb, but here goes anyway. What brand 3-way adjustable are you refering to?

I have looked at the local auto stores and was not to impressed. I will look for the Strange, anything else i may have missed?

Thanks again for the help.

John

Comp Engineering #C2750. You have to take it off to adjust it. Whereas the Strange, its a simple clic of the knob. Both in stock.:)

95turbocharged
04-01-2009, 10:28 AM
strange is the way to go. They will work now and also when you lower it. this way you only buy rears 1 time.

STREETRODZ1
04-01-2009, 11:41 AM
I like the Comp Engineering, but it is kinda aggravating to unbolt them to adjust them, Strange is definitely good stuff with simple adjustability.

Timido
04-01-2009, 01:09 PM
QA1 rear coilovers and front struts on my car when I bought it. They worked well got many years. When I replaced them I put Strange Double Coilover rear shocks and now Strange Single Front struts. For a street strip car on a budget I dont think you can beat the Strange shocks and struts. I am very happy with them. CincySpeed has them in stock for the same low price as the Mail order stores without paying the extra Handling charges. Not only do you get to see my favorite shop dog, you get to support the local Shops that support Stangbangerz. Dayton Performance, CincySpeed, and Modular Depot can get you the parts and install them.

2Kblacksleeper
04-01-2009, 07:13 PM
I have met your favorite shop dog and he is mine also. I met him the first few days he was there. A great little guy he is.

Craig, can you pm me a price on both of those shocks?

Thank you,

John

RIXXX93GT
04-01-2009, 09:27 PM
Strange 10 ways.

outlaw85
04-02-2009, 04:01 AM
I have QA1 12-way but the strange are also a very good shock in my oponion. The Competition Engineering 3-ways are a waste of time and money if you ask me!

2Kblacksleeper
04-03-2009, 01:08 PM
Thanks for the info. I'm going to go pick up a set of the Strange.

John