PDA

View Full Version : 2009 StangBangerz Humanitarian Award Nomination Thread

Black Horse
04-02-2009, 12:44 PM
This thread is to spotlight those that have gone beyond the call of duty to help another out during 2009. This site was found long ago on a basic principle:

"Don't knock your brother down, reach out and pull him up"

Here's how this works - feel free to tell on one of your brethern (or sisteren) that did something that should be highly commended, something that the person expected nothing in return and gave so much of themselves. This is your chance to recognize and give a shout out to those that have helped you or helped others.

At the end of the year the mods of the site will review all the submissions select at least one overall "SBZ Humanitarian of the Year" for 2009.

Now is your chance to lift up those that have pulled you up! I look forward to reading about all the random acts of kindness and those amoung us that enjoying paying their good fortune forward.

You folks are the best!

sean
04-02-2009, 02:24 PM
I def want to nominate keith. I know I am not the first he helped and surly wont be the last. Read "a big thank you to keith" for the details. We last talked at around 230 am and he was still there and ready at 918 the next morning.

DeckerEnt
10-21-2009, 10:32 PM
Just posting to wake this thread up!!! There has to be more stories than just me and Sean's. Come on people.

Kevin1989
10-21-2009, 10:41 PM
ill nominate kieth as well, for my buddy marks sake (marker1989) helped mark get ahold of an engine crane to get his motor back in in time for the cruise, its little but it all adds up, he even offered to drive it from kentucky to mason... 45 mins! :bigthumb

12seclx
10-22-2009, 11:49 AM
I'll nominate Shannon!:D

he's worked on my car 3-4 times... always spent more time explaining things to me than anyone else...

Bailed me out on the side of 275 when I got a flat...:(... So yea, "kennebellcobra" gets my vote!

JASON408
10-22-2009, 12:02 PM

he's worked on my car 3-4 times... always spent more time explaining things to me than anyone else...

Bailed me out on the side of 275 when I got a flat...:(... So yea, "kennebellcobra" gets my vote!

i would 2nd that nom!

Maximus
10-22-2009, 01:01 PM
Keith is always helping someone out, so does Shannon...

Either one would be a good representative.:bigthumb

04 Venom
10-22-2009, 01:31 PM
I nominate Beefcake. Always lets the members here have first shot on deals and treats everyone right.

k062693w
10-22-2009, 01:34 PM
I nominate Beefcake. Always lets the members here have first shot on deals and treats everyone right.

X2 :bigthumb

inferno50
10-26-2009, 09:57 PM
I would like to vote for doug lambert. I cant even count the times he has helped me out with my car, finding parts or just some good advice. He doesnt bs anybody if he doesnt know the answer to something he will just help you find the right answer one way or another.i know many other fellow stangbangerz he has helped along the way and im sure they are just as thankful as I am. THANKS FOR EVERYTHING.

Pitbull1052
10-27-2009, 09:03 AM
I nominate Kenny (Fordfan)....... if you seen the hardware they put in his back you'd wonder how he even walks....... but on just about any given day you'll see someone's car at his house being worked on..... I've seen, Beef, Bob, David, myself included and others..... he never says no he can't help you, knowledgable to the point of being able to tell you what size a bolt is off the top of his head... I've seen him welding on mine, stop to wire Beef's two step all while not skipping a beat........ K now enough of Nut Riders...........

Stang88
10-28-2009, 11:58 PM
I nominate Shannon. My '87 Cougar had a dead motor and he stepped in and offered to help me out when he didn't need to. He helped me order and drop in my new motor...And best of all, no duct tape was used or harmed in the making of my of the engine build. Thank you.

WHYTRY
10-29-2009, 03:55 AM
craig newport and adam @ cincy have my vote anytime ive needed something or asked a question nobody could answer they have done so.

NaomiDstangLvr
11-18-2009, 02:58 PM
Chad and I would like to nominate Bobby, aka 1 slow 92. He heard about our situation and went out and beyond to help us in our time of need.

If it wasn't for you Bobby, we'd be in a serious hole right now. I thank God everyday for people like you!

Naomi

adragon72
11-19-2009, 09:53 AM

im with you for shannon,

he towed me home from EO2 when i blew a head gasket, and his car had broken the rear end. shannon has been a great new friend to me and has always been willing to help!

i have met few people that are willing to help others with out expecting something in return!

8banger
05-17-2010, 10:56 PM

I'd have to vote for Shannon also..True freinds are hard to find and I def consider him a true friend.He Stuck his neck out for me on a trans gone wrong deal and stood beside me the whole way through it.Thanks shannon for being there!:bigthumb