PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have Kyphosis? Good orthopedic local doctors?

5.0calypso93lx
04-07-2009, 03:20 PM
Does anyone here have any positive experiences with local orthopedic doctors dealing with major surgerys?

I was recomended by my primary care physician to visit with Dr. Rohmiller at the Cincinnati Spine Institute, but I always like to get more than one opinion when it comes to this kind of thing.

Are there any sites like the BBB for doctors?

I've had Kyphosis since I was a kid and even wore a back brace to try and correct the problem back when I was a sophmore/junior in high school. That was about 6 years ago, and I'm now starting to have sleeping problems because my back is hurting so bad, and it's causing me to wake up several times during the night, so I'm not getting any sleep and I'm tired as hell at work.

From what I've researched, it looks like the only thing I can do is a spinal fusion, which doesn't seem too terribly bad. Bracing is out of the question as I'm done growing, and I question on if the bracing even helps in the long run. That was probably some of the most painful & crappy time of my life when I had to wear that damn thing.

I've got Humana POS for my insurance, so I'm wondering if they'll cover it if it has to go that far, or what percentage they'll cover...

I had a septoplasty, rhinoplasty, and whatever it's called for when they fix a class 3 underbite last year, and the insurance covered everything besides the rhinoplasty, and I just paid for the doctors costs since the anesthesia and operating room were already covered.

fordfan
04-07-2009, 04:12 PM
I just had this done a month ago. I went to the Mayfield Clinic. Dr. Bohinski is the one who done my surgery.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3624/3365490549_0eb397b872.jpg?v=0

5.0calypso93lx
04-07-2009, 04:43 PM
I just had this done a month ago. I went to the Mayfield Clinic. Dr. Bohinski is the one who done my surgery.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3624/3365490549_0eb397b872.jpg?v=0

How was your experience with him/her? Did you have scoliosis or kyphosis?

What is the healing time like and what all is involved?

And it looks like it was just your lower back?

fordfan
04-08-2009, 09:42 AM
I didn`t have any problems with him at all. I had degenerative disc disease. I have had several people tell me that he is one of the best surgeons around here. A friend of mine and a lady that works with my wife had their surgery done by him also. As they will tell you recovery time is different for each person. I walked almost a mile five days after my surgery. I will not lie to you it can be painfull but that is why they give you the pain medicine for. I spent four days in the hospital the last day was because the nurse was "too busy and forgot to have a therapist come check me out" yeah I was pissed aobut that. Pm me if you want any more information.

fordfan
04-08-2009, 09:56 AM
Oh, the procedure I had was called Axialif. If you feel like it you can google it and there are computer generated videos of how the surgery goes. They get it done in about 2 minutes where the actual surgery took 3 hours.

WideOpenThrottl
04-14-2009, 11:00 PM
Do you have hypokyphosis or hyperkyphosis?