PDA

View Full Version : National Trails Raceway Track rental day-4/24

Jeff88coupe
04-07-2009, 04:25 PM
The columbusracing.com board is putting on a track rental day on friday april 24th. They have ~20 spots left. I'm planning on going. It's $25 for the day..run 10am-5pm + NTR t&t that night if you want to stay for it.
Use the link below to register.

http://crspring09.eventbrite.com/

National Trail Raceway - Hebron, Ohio (about 25 minutes east of Columbus off of US40)
Friday, April 24th, 2009
Rain date: Friday, May 1st, 2009
10am-5pm w/ free admission to Friday Night Street Fights at NTR, 5-11pm
Max of 80 vehicles (40 CR Member/General Public spots available)
Price: $25 for CR Members and the public. Non-refundable unless the event is canceled.
Spectators are FREE!

Gates and Entry:

Gates will open at 8AM and racing is from 10AM to 5PM. We will be on the east side of the track, in the staging area/parking lot. Use the east gate and follow the road around to the left.

If you are not pre-registered you may still pay at the event if there are spots left. The fee is $50 CASH and you must find a CR representative (Anthony or Brian "V8 BEAST") to take the money and tech you in. No one else will be doing day-of registrations, you must see one of them. No cash, no race.

Tech:

Tech is from 8-10AM in the staging lanes, and all registrants will be required to sign a waiver not holding National Trail Raceway or Columbus Racing responsible for liability. We're looking for no leaks, nothing falling off, etc. You must wear long pants and a shirt with sleeves, t-shirts are fine. A Snell/DOT approved helmet is also required if you're running 13.99 or quicker. Cars 11.99 and quicker should have a all NHRA mandated safety equipment, including a roll cage for 11.49 or quicker. All vehicles will be marked after tech for record-keeping and verification reasons. You will not be able to race if you're not teched in; if you deliberately try to race without tech you will be ejected from the track and forfeit your registration money. Trails staff will be watching. Should you arrive after 10am it's your responsibility to track down a CR representative to tech you in.

Motorcycles must have a Snell/DOT helmet with full shield, full-sleeve protective jacket, long pants, and over-the-ankle-shoes. If your motorcycle is quicker than 10.00 or faster than 120mph, you WILL need full protective gear and boots. It's suicide not to. Do not try and get around this, if you're busted, we may eject you from the event and you will forfeit your registration money.

Racing:

We will be utilizing the staging lanes on the north side of the track that exit under the tower. Please be courteous and orderly to other drivers. The north side (left two lanes) of the track are for ALL VEHICLES ALL TIRES, including radials, drag radials, and slicks. The south side (right two lanes) are for SLICK TIRE/DOT SLICK/DRAG RADIAL VEHICLES ONLY, including motorcycles ON SLICKS.
Bikes and cars have been asked by NTR to refrain from running heads-up for safety reasons. I.E; cars versus cars and bikes versus bikes only.

At this time we're still debating on a need for water box volunteers, although NTR is covering all other staffing positions.
If you break and spill fluids or damage the track, you are responsible for the clean-up fees and/or repairs. They are typically $70-300, depending on what you break and how bad you mess the track up. We have seen a few bills in the thousands for really severe stuff. If your car is a piece of shit and you cannot afford the clean-up, don't race. Trails is aggressive about getting things paid for, and if you think you can skirt it you're wrong. Hebron police will side with the track.

Prizes & End of Day:

There may be prizes handed out thanks to our CR Sponsors. These will be done on a record basis, I.E, quickest E.T for cars, for bikes, best MPH for either, etc. If this happens, it will be after the race day and done through the CR forums. There will be no official post-race meeting. When you're done, head home.

NTR has allowed us the ability to stay for their Friday Night Street Fights event after our event, which starts at 5pm and runs until 11pm. If you've paid for a CR registration, admittance to the NTR event is free.

Maximus
04-07-2009, 05:10 PM
That sounds pretty cool.:bigthumb

Ryan218
04-07-2009, 09:19 PM
i will be there. ill wear my stangbangerz shirt since other members will be there then!!!

Jeff88coupe
04-15-2009, 08:12 AM
6 spots left for the track day. Early weather forcast from weather.com predicts 65 and partly cloudy.

JASON408
04-15-2009, 12:46 PM
i will be there to !!!