PDA

View Full Version : Electric Radiatior fan

Blackpony
04-08-2009, 10:00 AM
I have been shopping around for an electric fan to convert my mustang over from the current fan assembly. I have found one through auto zone that would be pretty cheap with my employee discount. Has anyone purchased one from there and installed it. I'm also curious on the difficulty and was there a major benifit from the change.

facemelter71
04-08-2009, 11:18 AM
No drag from the clutch fan and you can turn it off and on whenever.If its on a switch.Or you can thermostaticly control it.

Blackpony
04-09-2009, 07:05 AM
I purchased one last night with the thermostat control. Installed everything correctly and now the dam thing won't kick on. My next step is to see if i'm getting enough power or any at all. I did feel the difference when i drove it today

bobtsgt
04-09-2009, 07:07 AM
did you set the thermo correctly? will it come on manually? did you wire up the relay correctly?

Blackpony
04-09-2009, 07:16 AM
I set the dial which from high to low is a three quarters of a turn difference. It is suppose to come on and the relay has only four wires:
Red-positive
Orange- attaches to the fan positive lead
yellow- ignition source which i wired it to the electric choke
black-ground
the temp probe goes right by the water outlet

Blackpony
04-09-2009, 10:32 AM
Ok i jumped the wire and it came on. I think the relay is bad or the control maybe. either way i'm still going to run a toggle swithch just in case.