PDA

View Full Version : GH Metallica

mustangjon
04-12-2009, 08:25 PM
Ok I've had the game for a few days now and I'll toss in my 2 cents worth
We'll just do it in a simple breakdown pros and cons

Pros
Metallica songs! Mostly oldschool

MUCH MUCH IMPROVED drum tracks, in world tour playing drums to me felt like playing guitar tracks, not like really playing a drumset. After playing rockband drums on world tour was agony.

Fun transitions, keeps you busy even with slow songs.

Stage sets and graphics rock, I always loved the master of puppets album and to see it as a stage with the hands rocking out kicked ass.

The song info is neat for boredom, tells of facts and such of bands, plus lyrics are viewable.

Cons
Metallica songs! The old school songs are extremely long and fast on some very tiresome.

The non metallica songs suck ass, other than a few

Waaaay too much use of hammeron-pulloffs many many songs have 20 note strings ect with them all being, and you miss one you pretty much end up missing them all.

Difficulty per song per category is a bit off imo, Playing medium guitar and you can 5 star half the songs without even trying then fail a few songs because of insane transitions/solos/strings of notes. Nothing worse than playing 5 min into a song and then fuck up on some hard part then it says you only finished 65% ....

Overall I give it a thumbs up if you like metallica, if you like guitar hero but dont like much metallica dont get it. I did forget how much I loved old school metallica, since you dont hear any of it on the radio by the kids these days.

sean
04-12-2009, 10:38 PM
I have not played this yet, but I have to say rock band is soooo much better than guitar hero will ever hope to be, song wise. My buddy got guitar here world tour and 90% of the songs suck. The encores are stupid as well. Rock band smokes guitar hero in the song area.

KobraII
04-13-2009, 08:31 AM
I have Guitar Hero Metallica and I love it!

02mingryGT
05-03-2009, 06:33 AM
I did forget how much I loved old school metallica, since you dont hear any of it on the radio by the kids these days.

I keep a cd with just old school Metallica in my 6 disk changer. Nothing like jamming some "Blackened" next to some brothers in traffic.