PDA

View Full Version : 5 lug swap, just a few questions

Rippers
04-16-2009, 08:41 AM
My 91 stang is in a million peices at the moment, So I have to redo my brakes and the 5-lug idea has been popin into mind. I've read up on it and yeah the SN95 is the way to go, but I also read that you can use Lincoln mark VII front rotors but the only problem with that is the dust sheilds for the bearings is too big for the center caps. As for the rear Bronco left and a Ranger right is what i read that fits

My question is though when you see those rotors in the like Jegs tha are 5-lug are they basicly just factory replacement with 5 studs? Any issues with clearance and any wheels? do you use the same dust caps as your stock Fox 4 lug?

Second is when you buy axles kinda the same deal, what drums are you guys asking for when you go to the Autoparts store?

any help is appreciated, I've been googleing this for about an hour but i really just want a straight answer

quik lx
04-17-2009, 10:56 AM
Its almost easier to buy the latemodel restoration 5 lug swap kit and be done with it, by the time you travel all around, find all the parts, modify them to fit and make 6 trips to the parts store $400 isnt so bad. I guess it's up to how much your time is worth.

And you can upgrade to 31 spline for the same price!!!

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/products/Mustang-5-Lug-Conversion-Kits

Rippers
04-19-2009, 05:14 PM
yeah thats not bad a price at all! thanks alot i think i might be buying that and being done with it wow