Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Diamondback Roller Coaster at Kings Island [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Diamondback Roller Coaster at Kings Island

BigBadStang
04-18-2009, 07:30 AM
We took advantage of the opportunity to get a screening of the new coaster at Kings Island! My next door neighbor owns Chik-Fil-A's in the area including the one at Kings Island, and they invited us to go! The coaster is awesome! You can definately tell by that ride that they are owned by Cedar Fair! The way you sit on the coaster, is amazing! For those who haven't seen it, you sit on a chair that is mounted on a pedestal and no surrounding sides, and the only restarint is a lap bar that is very unobtrusive, and adds to the open feeling thrill. The seats on the very back are elevated and moved outward to give people an unobstructed view. It gives you an open feeling that is unbelievable with a ton of "air time". When you ride this thing, it feels like you are floating! There is a part at the end of ride that the track comes down and across the top of water, and as you pass, the cars have fins on them that throw water up into the air, but not onto the passengers. The KI people said it is a Steel Hypercoaster (and the ride is smooth as silk), 230ft high with a first drop of 215ft at a 74 degrees, top speed of 80mph, other drops of 190, 140, 130, 110, and 105 feet, a tad over 5300 ft of track, ride lasts about 3 minutes and can run up to 1,600 passengers per hour.
You can't go wrong riding this coaster...unless it crashes or some shit while you are on it :eek:
:lol:

Rick93coupe
04-18-2009, 08:45 AM
I can't wait to ride that one!

mustangboy
04-18-2009, 08:48 AM
The line is way to long. I will wait till next time

one90gt
04-18-2009, 04:45 PM
I'll get a chance to ride it tomorrow as long as the weather permits. Hope it's as cool as all the reviews I've seen.

mustangboy
04-18-2009, 04:52 PM
All I can say is SMOOTH!! We waited till 3:00 and it took 1hr to get on.

sean
04-21-2009, 09:23 PM
I still love the one that makes you feel like your flying. Firehawk? Love it

2007ShelbyCobra
04-21-2009, 10:13 PM
I waited 20 minutes :) :), first day, I liked it ok, but after being in fast cars more the past year or so, coasters have lost their thrill.....

BigBadStang
04-21-2009, 10:51 PM
Fast cars are one thing, you (well most of us :lol:) are in control.
What makes a coaster so much fun is, you are helpless, along for the ride, and can't do shit about it! :bigthumb

soslow
04-21-2009, 10:54 PM
Fast cars are one thing, you (well most of us :lol:) are in control.
What makes a coaster so much fun is, you are helpless, along for the ride, and can't do shit about it! :bigthumb :lol: :bigthumb

mustangboy
04-21-2009, 10:59 PM
I thought the first hill was pretty cool as you dont have anything around you and all you have is that one lap thing holding you in, after that I thought it was average. I did finally get to ride Firehawk and that is freaking wild. My 8yr old son was just barely tall enough to finally ride all the big coasters and I kept thinking he was going to fall out of that thing.

beefcake
04-22-2009, 08:17 AM
screw that,

i ain't going on that damn thing lol

BigBadStang
04-22-2009, 08:31 AM
screw that,

i ain't going on that damn thing lol

You'll go blasting off in your car at 130 or so, but won't ride an 80 mph roller coaster? :lol::lol::lol:

Not into the "loss of control" feeling eh? :D

beefcake
04-22-2009, 08:37 AM
You'll go blasting off in your car at 130 or so, but won't ride an 80 mph roller coaster? :lol::lol::lol:

Not into the "loss of control" feeling eh? :D

dude, i've been 178 on 52 on my hayabusa, get me 10 ft off the ground, i'm like a little girl lol

BigBadStang
04-22-2009, 08:59 AM
dude, i've been 178 on 52 on my hayabusa, get me 10 ft off the ground, i'm like a little girl lol
:lol:It takes a big man to admit acting like a little girl!:lol:
I kinda figured you had been faster than 130...:D

beefcake
04-22-2009, 09:44 AM
:lol:It takes a big man to admit acting like a little girl!:lol:
I kinda figured you had been faster than 130...:D

i am completely and utterly terrified of heights

i still get nervous in an elevator lol

BradleyGT
04-22-2009, 02:33 PM
I'm going Saturday to try to ride this....I can't wait.

05yellowgt
04-23-2009, 08:54 AM
I love coasters, just not the falling sensation. What can I say, free fall is just not for me :)

nkystanger
04-23-2009, 01:45 PM
Rode it late afternoon last saturday and waited about an hour. It is a great ride but i still prefer Cedar Point coasters.

Paul408Notch
04-24-2009, 09:13 PM
Well we went and rode it tonight. Definitely one of the best coasters around, and it may beat out the Beast as my favorite at the park. It's nice to see the Cedar Fair influences at the park. The workers are friendlier, park is cleaner, and they're putting good money into rides. The only thing I'm disappointed about is the amount of trees they had to take out. I'm hoping they plant a few more at some point to fill things back in.

My next door neighbor owns Chik-Fil-A's in the area including the one at Kings Island

Your neighbor must be a billionaire. We ate at the Chick-Fil-A in the park tonight, and they got us for $28 for 2 combo meals. It's kind of shitty that their combo meals don't include the drinks like every other one in the country. Ah well, next time I'll know.

BigBadStang
04-25-2009, 08:50 AM
...Your neighbor must be a billionaire. We ate at the Chick-Fil-A in the park tonight, and they got us for $28 for 2 combo meals. It's kind of shitty that their combo meals don't include the drinks like every other one in the country. Ah well, next time I'll know.

The thing is, the park tells them what they have to charge. It's in their contract. The park defines EVERYTHING they do. The drink thing is a contractoral issue with Coca Cola. The park keeps a stiff percentage of the sales in return for the captive audience. Profit wise, they do about the same at KI as they do at the Voice of America location.

Paul408Notch
04-25-2009, 04:40 PM
Actually I kind of figured the park had something to do with it. I fully expected 8-10 bucks a person, but when it came out to being 14 a person, I was a little shocked.

The guy that was ahead of me was standing there waiting for his food and laughed when he saw my jaw drop. They handed him his food which included a bunch of little cups of water. He said "Just in case you don't know, any food booth will give you all the free ice water you want." So next time I'll just do that. :lol:

BradleyGT
04-26-2009, 10:26 AM
I went and rode this Saturday morning and it was AWESOME!! I rode it twice within 30 minutes....Gold Pass is definitly worth the money. I can't wait to see what Cedar Fair builds next