PDA

View Full Version : Bengals Pickup Gary Russell RB off Waivers....

Katmandu
04-19-2009, 07:28 PM
http://www.seattlepi.com/scorecard/nflnews.asp?articleID=258240

You guys are getting a very good quality RB in him. Good down hill/3rd Down type back.

NaomiDstangLvr
04-19-2009, 07:40 PM
Yeah I heard about this a few days ago. Glad to get another decent RB! ;)

Wolvrin704
04-19-2009, 10:32 PM
Yeah I heard about this a few days ago. Glad to get another decent RB! ;)

Gonna need them with the line they're running behind.

NaomiDstangLvr
04-19-2009, 11:11 PM
Gonna need them with the line they're running behind.

Hopefully they pick some up in the draft...

04 Venom
04-20-2009, 08:13 AM
Good pick-up for the Bengals. I am surprised Pittsburgh let him go, since they have no short-yardage back.

beefcake
04-20-2009, 08:28 AM
i hope we rock this year

BigBadStang
04-20-2009, 09:27 AM
Hopefully they pick some up in the draft...

Very few O lineman can come in and be an every down player as a rookie. They do need some big time help on that porous line.

Katmandu
04-21-2009, 08:04 AM
Hopefully they pick some up in the draft...The Draft starts this Saturday!! :bigthumb

Check out these Mock Drafts and Draft Tracker.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/mock

NaomiDstangLvr
04-21-2009, 09:35 AM
The Draft starts this Saturday!! :bigthumb

Check out these Mock Drafts and Draft Tracker.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/mock

Yeah I'm excited! ;)

Wolvrin704
04-21-2009, 10:21 AM
Looks like a few of them are predicting Andre Smith, yet another troubled player for the Bungles with "allot of upside".

NaomiDstangLvr
04-21-2009, 10:54 AM
Looks like a few of them are predicting Andre Smith, yet another troubled player for the Bungles with "allot of upside".

Dang, why's it always gotta be the "Bungles". Lord.... :rolleyes:

shadez14
04-21-2009, 01:21 PM
Less than 4 days to see what we can pull.

Mustard
04-21-2009, 01:32 PM
i hope we rock this year

I predict 7 wins. They have to get a good replacement for TJ. The line needs some help. Palmer is supposed to be 100% but we will see. I know my Chiefs are looking to be a much improved team this year. Chiefs play Cinci at Cinci this year.I will be there

BigBadStang
04-21-2009, 03:05 PM
There are more than a few folks guessing that they will trade down to get more picks. If they do that, and do their homework, it could work out. Top picks seldom work out to be the studs the scouts thought they were, and the guaranteed money for a top pick that has proven NOTHING at this level is insane.

02mingryGT
04-21-2009, 03:47 PM
I'm guessing the same. They don't need a first round tackle. What they need are backups for center, guard and then tackle in that order. Well they could use a better center....lol. Regardless none of those are going to be our first round pick. Probably wide receiver is my best guess at this point.

Everybody keeps forgetting about the D. Much improved.

NaomiDstangLvr
04-21-2009, 05:47 PM
I predict 7 wins. They have to get a good replacement for TJ. The line needs some help. Palmer is supposed to be 100% but we will see. I know my Chiefs are looking to be a much improved team this year. Chiefs play Cinci at Cinci this year.I will be there

I'm hoping AT LEAST 7 wins. They say that we have the hardest schedule in the AFC North, so we'll see...

Katmandu
04-21-2009, 09:25 PM
Good pick-up for the Bengals. I am surprised Pittsburgh let him go, since they have no short-yardage back.Yea, we we're all pretty shocked as well given we have no real short-yardage back.

There was a lot speculation that he got into some trouble.... I just now found this that explains it all.

© SteelCityInsider.com's Jim Wexell has confirmed the rumors that were being bandied about the Steelers media room Monday that running back Gary Russell was released due to a run-in with the law.

Russell apparently was staying with a friend at a Columbus, Ohio home that was raided by police. A large stash of marijuana was found.

Russell apparently has not been charged with any crime, but the Steelers did not want the situation to become a distraction.

Hope he get's his shit together and doesn't bring this problem to you guys.

BigBadStang
04-21-2009, 10:48 PM
Yea, we we're all pretty shocked as well given we have no real short-yardage back.

There was a lot speculation that he got into some trouble.... I just now found this that explains it all.

Hope he get's his shit together and doesn't bring this problem to you guys.

:lol::lol::lol:
Hell...he'll fit in just fine in Cinci!

In fact, here is the 2009 team photo!

NaomiDstangLvr
04-22-2009, 02:06 PM
That's just a rumor. No proof to that statement at all. It was even posted on Stoolers website that he was let go because of the cap hit and them wanting to resign Batch. So I'll believe it if it's posted on NFL or ESPN. com......

BradleyGT
04-22-2009, 02:22 PM

They did his name is Laveranues Coles. And that was nice of the NFL Schedule makers to reward the Bengals with a win for Christmas.

I'm guessing the same. They don't need a first round tackle. What they need are backups for center, guard and then tackle in that order. Well they could use a better center....lol. Regardless none of those are going to be our first round pick. Probably wide receiver is my best guess at this point.

Everybody keeps forgetting about the D. Much improved.

They really don't have a Center at this point...well not a proven one. They let Eric Ghiaciuc walk in Free Agency. Which wasn't all bad. They need to stay away from WR & DT and draft either Rey Maualuga LB from USC or get the best Tackle available. My .02 cents

02mingryGT
04-22-2009, 03:52 PM
You know Bradley it's too bad our .02 cents don't count for crap. :lol: My .02 is I don't think they really have a need on D for the first time in, what, a decade? It is possible the may take the LB if Marvin believes he is the best player available. That would be something I could live with.

BradleyGT
04-22-2009, 07:34 PM
You know Bradley it's too bad our .02 cents don't count for crap. :lol: My .02 is I don't think they really have a need on D for the first time in, what, a decade? It is possible the may take the LB if Marvin believes he is the best player available. That would be something I could live with.

I will agree that the D isn't the pressing need for the first time in forever but they could always use some upgrading.

02mingryGT
04-25-2009, 07:13 PM
I will agree that the D isn't the pressing need for the first time in forever but they could always use some upgrading.

Got your wish. Apparently your .02 cents do matter.

NaomiDstangLvr
04-25-2009, 07:17 PM
I'm ecstatic about the drafting of Rey Maualuga! I was worried the Broncos was going to pick him up, or even the Brownies!

02mingryGT
04-25-2009, 07:27 PM
I'm ecstatic about the drafting of Rey Maualuga! I was worried the Broncos was going to pick him up, or even the Brownies!

Yes I can't believe he dropped so far. D should be top ten next year.

BradleyGT
04-26-2009, 10:21 AM
Got your wish. Apparently your .02 cents do matter.

:lol: It was pretty nice how they got the Tackle they needed in the 1st then Rey dropped into their lap in the 2nd round. I hope the draft keeps going well for the Bengals. Also Michael Johnson DE from GT seems like a good pick as well.

Walter
04-26-2009, 10:29 AM
So the Bengals are still around, huh.

wes 89 gt
04-26-2009, 05:05 PM
I think the bengals did awesome in the draft im glad we dont have to see larson's 25 yard punts anymore. I think rey is going to light some people up. so is rey or Dhani going to move outside?

BigBadStang
04-26-2009, 06:09 PM
It will be interesting to see what Smith weighs when camp starts.
Hopefully he won't show up weighing 400lbs.

nkystanger
04-27-2009, 02:34 PM
Gary Russell was cut today by the Bengals.

wes 89 gt
04-27-2009, 04:44 PM
He was waived not technically cut, another team has to claim him like we did. I think we are the only team willing to take another trouble maker:lol: Marvin thinks he can motivate anyone:rolleyes: But we did cut Chris perry thank god.

BradleyGT
04-27-2009, 09:57 PM
I think the bengals did awesome in the draft im glad we dont have to see larson's 25 yard punts anymore. I think rey is going to light some people up. so is rey or Dhani going to move outside?

I would think they would move Dhani outside as he has played there before. But Rey probably be the one that will get moved.

It will be interesting to see what Smith weighs when camp starts.
Hopefully he won't show up weighing 400lbs.

He only gained 7lbs since the end of the season so I'm confident he will show up under 400lbs

He was waived not technically cut, another team has to claim him like we did. I think we are the only team willing to take another trouble maker:lol: Marvin thinks he can motivate anyone:rolleyes: But we did cut Chris perry thank god.

If he can motivated Benard Scott then look out...that guy looks like a stud RB

NaomiDstangLvr
04-28-2009, 09:09 AM
we did cut Chris perry thank god.

I know I was happy too! He's prone for fumbles!! :lol:

Katmandu
04-28-2009, 06:58 PM
That's just a rumor. No proof to that statement at all. It was even posted on Stoolers website that he was let go because of the cap hit and them wanting to resign Batch. So I'll believe it if it's posted on NFL or ESPN. com......
The Bengals today made the following moves in releasing five players from the roster:

* Terminated the contracts of safety Mike Doss, tight end Nate Lawrie and halfback Chris Perry, releasing them to free agency. Doss, a sixth-year NFL player for 2009, joined the Bengals as a free agent on Dec. 9 of last season and played in the last three games. Lawrie, a fifth-year player for ’09, played in eight games for Cincinnati last season. Perry, a sixth-year player for ’09, was the Bengals’ first-round draft choice in 2004 and battled numerous injuries while playing 35 games with nine starts from ’04 through last season. Perry’s career statistics include 606 rushing yards on 177 carries (3.4) with two TDs and 83 receptions for 474 yards (5.7) with two TDs.
* Waived DE/LB Eric Henderson and halfback Gary Russell. Henderson, a third-year player for ’09, played in two games for Cincinnati last season.

Russell, also a third-year pro, played the last two seasons for Pittsburgh and had been acquired by Cincinnati on waivers this past April 17.The Bengals "apparently" found out Russell was in more trouble than they bargained for.

That's too bad for everybody.

You guys, us, and that knucklehead Russell for throwing away his NFL career over some weed.