PDA

View Full Version : Hi Temp Lab Metal

BigBadStang
04-20-2009, 10:04 AM
If you ever find yourself in the precarious position of needing a high temperature repair compound (similar to a JB Weld type product) that can withstand 1000 degree temps, give a serious thought to THIS (http://www.alvinproducts.com/Products/Products.asp?ID=2) stuff.

I had about a 2 1/2" long crack on the passengers side catalytic converter body, and I didn't have the facility to use my welder to fix it. It's easy to use, and comes ready to use (no mixing). I used this stuff to repair the crack and it worked, and has held up for 6,000+ miles so far. It has not discolored or started to deteriorate at all so far, and I was able to make the reapir without having to remove the cat assembly and hauling to someone to get it welded.

I bought my 14oz. can HERE (http://www.net4sale.com/Shop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=12&idproduct=51), shipped fast and arrived in just a few days.

It may seem a bit expensive, but this product is one of the few that you can get in a non industrial size container (small quantity), and it works!

dsmawd350
04-20-2009, 10:11 AM
sounds like you work for them

mustangboy
04-20-2009, 10:35 AM
I've been meaning to buy some of that. It works killer for powder coating.

BigBadStang
04-20-2009, 11:31 AM
sounds like you work for them

Nope, I just get excited when shit works as advertised. I could care less if you or anyone else buys the stuff. I only posted it to maybe help a person out that didn't know such a thing existed.

RIXXX93GT
04-20-2009, 03:17 PM
thanks for the tip!

Rick93coupe
04-20-2009, 04:16 PM
Yep, that is some good stuff. I've only used the standard lab metal, but I did some body work under the hood of my car, and recently touched up my valve covers with it before they got coated at Kenny's.

mustangboy
04-20-2009, 04:19 PM
Yep, that is some good stuff. I've only used the standard lab metal, but I did some body work under the hood of my car, and recently touched up my valve covers with it before they got coated at Kenny's.

Speaking of that, you can't even tell you ever fixed them.

Rick93coupe
04-20-2009, 04:24 PM
Speaking of that, you can't even tell you ever fixed them.

:bigthumb Thats exactly what I was going for!