PDA

View Full Version : Putting a dog to sleep ???

soslow
04-20-2009, 11:07 AM
I need someone pretty bad i got my dog here at the house sufferring , anyone know anyone who does house calls, had the dog for over 15 years just dying from being old anyone any help ??

Holly
04-20-2009, 11:09 AM
Awww man, that's so sad. I hate to hear that. I don't know anybody in your area that does it, but I am sure somebody on here can refer someone. :(

tcorns
04-20-2009, 11:24 AM
absolutly sorry to hear that. not sure about vets that do housecalls for small animals. best of luck.

Blackpony
04-20-2009, 11:26 AM
When i had to put the family dog down i took her to an animal hospital.

soslow
04-20-2009, 11:51 AM
yeah kinda sucks shes wear she dont wanna be messed with and hasnt ate for 4 days we found someone to come out . but guess what they are booked told us to call back around 3 and they might be able to do something

Pitbull1052
04-20-2009, 12:02 PM
where you located?

soslow
04-20-2009, 12:24 PM
Lebanon ohio 45036

soslow
04-20-2009, 12:48 PM
ttt ...................

89notch
04-20-2009, 12:50 PM
ttt ...................

Take it to the vet.

sean
04-20-2009, 12:56 PM
Lebanon has a pretty nice animal shelter and they could possibly come out. Its on the main drag on 48 I think. I am so sorry to hear about that. Its one of the hardest things I ever had to go through. I sat with my buddy in 07 and she died at the kickoff of the superbowl.

soslow
04-20-2009, 01:02 PM
yeah i know what your talking about..

Steves LX
I'm sure the dog is in pain but you need to do what's in the best interest of the dog and that's not suffering anymore. Unless you're not capable of picking the dog up. I would pick the dog up and take it to the vet asap. Even if she doesn't want to be bothered. I know it's hard man but dont let your emotions get caught up in the moment of things and think about yourself or the rest of the family. You have to be strong and do what's right and humane for the dogs well being. I just ran over and killed my 5 year old Jack Russell last month pulling in the driveway after working 16 hrs. I tried to do everything I could to save him and was in a real bad state of denial and didn't want to let him go but I finally started thinking about him and not me and did what was right. If you cant get noone out there today I would take her yourself.

Pitbull1052
yea I dunno that part of town to well... I know a couple on the eastside that would. I would for sure take em to the vet.... I'm sorry to hear that, my dogs are 6 and 2 and I couldnt imagine.......

soslow
04-20-2009, 01:03 PM
Vet called back said they could do it tonight, 100 dollar more i cant afford that.. since it was after hours. Said they was booked

soslow
04-20-2009, 01:04 PM
I'm sure the dog is in pain but you need to do what's in the best interest of the dog and that's not suffering anymore. Unless you're not capable of picking the dog up. I would pick the dog up and take it to the vet asap. Even if she doesn't want to be bothered. I know it's hard man but dont let your emotions get caught up in the moment of things and think about yourself or the rest of the family. You have to be strong and do what's right and humane for the dogs well being. I just ran over and killed my 5 year old Jack Russell last month pulling in the driveway after working 16 hrs. I tried to do everything I could to save him and was in a real bad state of denial and didn't want to let him go but I finally started thinking about him and not me and did what was right. If you cant get noone out there today I would take her yourself.
were lookin into things . hopefully be bale to do something soon

Steves LX
04-20-2009, 01:09 PM
Well Colerain animal clinic charges anywhere fromn 20-55.00 depending on the weight of the dog. Heres there address and #
6340 Colerain Ave
Cincinnati, OH 45239

(513) 923-4400‎
(513) 923-4974‎

Red bank animal clinic right off 71 charges 70.00

Pitbull1052
04-20-2009, 01:22 PM
Red bank is open 24/7 too!

Mista Bone
04-20-2009, 02:40 PM
Salt Run animal clinic at the stop sign in Maineville

Kings Animal Hospital on 22/3 next to Tractor Supply in Landen/20 mile stand

My other driver has the Lebanon stops so I don't have any of his addresses.

RIXXX93GT
04-20-2009, 03:14 PM
Sorry to hear this. Its very hard to part with them but if there is no enjoyment left for the animal because of their condition and no way to fix them its the right thing to do.

'92Stang
04-20-2009, 03:16 PM
Hey I just took a tour of Lebanon equine clinic last week. They now treat small animals also, and I believe are 24 hr availability. I use them for my horses, and Dr. Scott Strosnider is great with the horses. Give them a shout. Good Luck....sorry to hear about your friend:(

NUTTSGT
04-20-2009, 04:35 PM
Feel sorry for ya man, hope this gets taken care of soon, no need for the suffering.

Katmandu
04-21-2009, 09:52 AM
I'm sure the dog is in pain but you need to do what's in the best interest of the dog and that's not suffering anymore.

I know it's hard man but dont let your emotions get caught up in the moment of things and think about yourself or the rest of the family.

You have to be strong and do what's right and humane for the dogs well being. So true.

soslow
04-21-2009, 12:47 PM
She passed away earlier today, i witnessed every last second , just petted her and told her it would be alright and that we loved her.. was hard thing to do.. Thanks everyone for the help

MrsAPE
04-21-2009, 12:50 PM
So sorry for you loss.

Pops Fun
04-21-2009, 12:59 PM
Sorry about your loss.... I know it's hard!!

Katmandu
04-21-2009, 09:08 PM
Sorry for your loss...

sean
04-21-2009, 09:15 PM
Mine went out like that too. I got a puppy when she started to turn for the worse. They met eachother and spent some time together. I think the puppy took a little bit of the other dog and every once in a while I see a little of mandy (The one that passed) in sam. She passed superbowl sunday of 07. The last thing she did was pick up her head and look back at me, sighed, and she was gone. I still miss her. Now you have a chance to change another dogs life.
I am sorry for your loss.

soslow
04-21-2009, 10:32 PM
Mine went out like that too. I got a puppy when she started to turn for the worse. They met eachother and spent some time together. I think the puppy took a little bit of the other dog and every once in a while I see a little of mandy (The one that passed) in sam. She passed superbowl sunday of 07. The last thing she did was pick up her head and look back at me, sighed, and she was gone. I still miss her. Now you have a chance to change another dogs life.
I am sorry for your loss.
Thanks a lot but im not real sure about gettin another dog.. man had that dog since i was 7 or 8 years old and to go out in the shed see her like she was , I went out there about 9 or so this morning tried to get her to drink water and she wouldnt but was the night before , I just think she was waitin on someoen to be wit hher while she passed away it was hard watching the dog go into a ceasure but i stayed right there petted her and told her i loved her it was hard thing to do until she took her last breathe.. RIP Babe

DeckerEnt
04-22-2009, 12:39 AM
Man, this story brought tears to my eyes. You are a strong person to deal with something like this. My Lucy is 9 years old now. i can't imagine the end but I know I will be crying like a baby when it comes. I am happy your ordeal is over. It is best for the dog. They are members of the family.

Blackpony
04-22-2009, 06:42 AM
Sorry to hear of your loss.

soslow
04-22-2009, 08:34 AM
Thanks alot guys one good thing was i could actually sleep a lil bit last night and its took a lot of stress off the family that we know shes gone now and in a better place and not sufferring , Thanks a lot guys

Goldenpony
04-23-2009, 12:46 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. I am looking at a similar situation, we have a 17 yr. old Schipperke. He's mostly blind, deaf but unfortunately seems to have a lot of life left in him. Still eats & drinks well. But, I know it's not that far away. :(

soslow
04-23-2009, 02:00 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. I am looking at a similar situation, we have a 17 yr. old Schipperke. He's mostly blind, deaf but unfortunately seems to have a lot of life left in him. Still eats & drinks well. But, I know it's not that far away. :(
Yeah Hope the best for ya man!!! :bigthumb

Katmandu
04-23-2009, 07:19 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. I am looking at a similar situation, we have a 17 yr. old Schipperke. He's mostly blind, deaf but unfortunately seems to have a lot of life left in him. Still eats & drinks well. But, I know it's not that far away. :(My 13 yo son (1/2 Beagle) is in his Golden years and I dread the though of him going to the other side. I'm trying to prepare myself mentality and spiritually for when the time comes.

Mustangchic68
04-23-2009, 10:34 PM
I need someone pretty bad i got my dog here at the house sufferring , anyone know anyone who does house calls, had the dog for over 15 years just dying from being old anyone any help ??

I'm sorry to hear about your dog. We went through the exact same thing about 4 years ago - we could not find anybody to take her to the vet, we even offered to pay people. The first two times we took her it seemed like she would perk up so we would chicken out and we would bring her home. The third time it was just too much. When we did get the nerve to leave her they told us we had till 5pm to change our mind. That was rough but it was honestly for the best. She was 16, blind, deaf and miserable. Good Luck.