PDA

View Full Version : Sub frame connectors

Blackpony
04-20-2009, 12:09 PM
I can get a set of Steeda subs really cheap and was curios how much of a difference they would make on my 85 and how difficult they would be to install

Jeff88coupe
04-20-2009, 12:18 PM
They make a noticable difference. Not to hard to put on if you have access to a car lift and Mig welder.

Blackpony
04-20-2009, 12:22 PM
So there a good buy for 50$

rpppaprp
04-20-2009, 08:11 PM
If you dont want them I do.

Blackpony
04-20-2009, 08:37 PM
If you dont want them I do.

sorry i had the guy drop them off at my house earlier today. I couldn't pass them up for only him taking 40 for them.

Black Horse
04-20-2009, 09:16 PM
You'll notice a big difference with them! Just a word of advice, weld them on with the weight of the car on its wheels (like a drive-on lift) NOT on a frame lift. Frames tend to twist on a frame lift and you'll weld the twist right in with the rails.

rpppaprp
04-20-2009, 09:23 PM
sorry i had the guy drop them off at my house earlier today. I couldn't pass them up for only him taking 40 for them.

That was a very wise investment. You wont be sorry.

Blackpony
04-21-2009, 06:57 AM
You'll notice a big difference with them! Just a word of advice, weld them on with the weight of the car on its wheels (like a drive-on lift) NOT on a frame lift. Frames tend to twist on a frame lift and you'll weld the twist right in with the rails.

Thanks for the info. I'm trying to set up a time for Jeese to weld them up for me. The guy that i bought the connectors from has a ton of stuff he wants to sell. I'm going to checkout what he has possibly this weekend and take some pics and post it all for sale for him. I'll keep everyone informed.

soslow
04-21-2009, 08:37 AM
Thanks for the info. I'm trying to set up a time for Jeese to weld them up for me. The guy that i bought the connectors from has a ton of stuff he wants to sell. I'm going to checkout what he has possibly this weekend and take some pics and post it all for sale for him. I'll keep everyone informed.

subframes are the way to go.. even if your car isnt all that fast .. fox body cars have a uni body from so that will def stiffin it up .. Good investment

Stangman
04-21-2009, 10:24 AM

I'll try to give you a call today. If not today then tomorrow.

If you have a small garage it can still be done. We just need to sit the car on something to get it up higher but without taking the weight off the wheels.

Blackpony
04-21-2009, 10:45 AM
I'll try to give you a call today. If not today then tomorrow.

If you have a small garage it can still be done. We just need to sit the car on something to get it up higher but without taking the weight off the wheels.

I can clear out some room just give me a call when you can.

sean
04-21-2009, 09:20 PM
The car I have now is the first fox I have had them on. I will never have another one without them. Huge diference.

Mista Bone
04-21-2009, 10:15 PM
I know the SFC I had installed on my 86 TA was awesome. The installer, Tracey Scott said every F Body or Mustang, it should be the first upgrade.