PDA

View Full Version : Squealing noise

Will
04-20-2009, 06:37 PM
About 2 weeks ago I started hearing this squealing noise. So I poped the hood to see if it was the serpintine belt or any of the tensioners. I was able to eliminate those. So I got close as I could to the tranny without jacking up the car and bam.... there it is. I'm thinking I need to replace the throw out bearing, but not 100% sure. Anyone have any ideas and how much it may cost me for parts plus labor.

Thanks Will

Will
04-21-2009, 12:57 PM
anyone able to give me some info ?

01cobra
04-21-2009, 03:13 PM
Mine went through 3 TOB's under warranty and 2 more after that. Its a pretty common problem unfortunately. Not sure on the cost.

CNTLOSE
04-21-2009, 03:50 PM
The easiest way to verify if it is the throw out bearing is to see if the sound goes away if you lightly push on the clutch. If so it is the TOB. As far as cost repairing I am not sure. I always replace the clutch when it goes bad and it comes with the kit...and I do my own work. You might want to check with Cincy Speed on a price.

Will
04-22-2009, 02:50 PM
The easiest way to verify if it is the throw out bearing is to see if the sound goes away if you lightly push on the clutch.

Thanks for the help guys, and to answer your question... yes, it goes away when I press in the clutch.

facemelter71
04-22-2009, 04:59 PM
Mine chirped like a bird for about 1 year before I got mad and replaced the stupid sounding thing.

CNTLOSE
04-22-2009, 05:37 PM
Thanks for the help guys, and to answer your question... yes, it goes away when I press in the clutch.

Well good now you know. It is more of a pain in the ass to listen to than anything else. You can wait a while to fix it, just turn the stereo up a little bit. :lol:

ZornLack11
04-23-2009, 10:47 AM
mine did that but mine made noise when you pushed in the clutch. and it finally started sounding like a grinding sound and replaced the tob, cause clutch only had about 12,000 miles on it and it looked new. and then about a week or two later its making noise again but this time when you are not pushing in the clutch