PDA

View Full Version : Engine wiring HELP!!!

loyd
04-21-2009, 10:49 AM
I have a 1992 Mustang GT. How do I tell if it has the correct wiring? It has the MAF wiring but buy the connector for the Oxygen Sensor there are 2 bare wires, and a white two prong connector all on main harness. Oh bye the way it's a standard now I believe the car was originally a Automatic.

HELP!!
:eek:

chad393na
04-21-2009, 04:07 PM
Can you take a picture of it?

quik lx
04-21-2009, 04:57 PM
The white connectors are the disconnects for the airbag crash sensors on the core support. What color are the jackets on the bare wires? The only things over there are the WOT cutout relay, 2 connectors for the crash sensors (right and center) O2 harness connector, and Mass air meter connector.

loyd
04-21-2009, 05:16 PM
Thanks!!
Could not figure that out, it don't have the sensors for the air bag or the air bag it self.

So I just need to get the wiring for the o2 sensors for manual trans and ECU for manual also. What is the difference in the o2 wiring when it don't matter on the o2 sensor?

quik lx
04-22-2009, 07:18 AM
Thanks!!
Could not figure that out, it don't have the sensors for the air bag or the air bag it self.

So I just need to get the wiring for the o2 sensors for manual trans and ECU for manual also. What is the difference in the o2 wiring when it don't matter on the o2 sensor?

The wiring for auto and manual for the O2's is a touch different. I buy all my harnesses through these people. excellent stuff for reasonable money. They also have great tech support, if you have the wire colors...they know what it is!!

http://www.thedetailzone.com/Ford%20Replacement%20Harnesses.htm