PDA

View Full Version : got a couple questions.

93bossgt
04-21-2009, 07:25 PM
Can you guys tell me what needs to be done in order to delete the ac,smog pump,and the powersteering pump off of a '92 5.0?

cheiff5
04-22-2009, 12:27 AM
Depends on what you want to do they sell a conversion kit also you can buy smog and ac eliminator pully and to get rid of power steering you need a manual rack and pinion with a new steering shaft for the manual (sells as a kit) with that you need to change how the belt will be. March has a ad in 5.0 mustangs mags with a kit. Need anything pm me

CNTLOSE
04-22-2009, 04:36 AM
Here are several diagrams on different configurations to run. Also has some part numbers needed.

93bossgt
04-22-2009, 04:06 PM
tHANKS GUYS I APPRECIATE THE RESPONSES, BUT, MY QUESTION IS THIS:
I TOOK THE CONDENSOR OFF LASTNIGHT, AND I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHEN I TAKE THE LINE OFF THAT GOES BACK TO THE FIREWALL WHAT DO I DO WITH THAT? AND THE BOTTLE LOOKING THING THAT IS RIGHT BELOW WHERE THE LINE THAT GOES TO THE FIREWALL IS WHAT HAPPENS WITH IT? AND FINALLY, WHAT ABOUT THE LINES THAT GO INTO THE RADIATOR? BEAR WITH ME GUYS I'M NEW AT THIS CRAP AND I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR PATIENCE.

AS FOR THE SMOG PUMP CAN SOMEONE GIVE ME IN DEPTH DETAILS ON HOW TO DO THIS AS WELL? THANKS!

facemelter71
04-22-2009, 04:14 PM
What do you want to do with the smog pump?

And the A/C lines that your taking off,put a plastic baggie over the line ends and tape them good.You dont want any moisture getting in there.