PDA

View Full Version : Brake problems need answers or help

SolidCobra
04-24-2009, 02:22 PM
So I just put new rotors and pads on the front. and here lately everytime i go over a bump i hear a small clicking noise. I put the car back on the jacks and checked over my work, well everything was fine. But im still hearing noises while driving, i noticed i can move the caliper up and down with my finger on both sides. I dont know if theres something i missed, or just faulty hardware? any 96-98 cobra drivers been through this?

02mingryGT
04-25-2009, 08:08 AM
Only way you should be able to move the caliper is if you forgot the pins/bolts for it. If I remember right there are only four bolts to take the rotor and bracket off. Not counting the brake line of course. 2 in bracket, 2 in caliper.

SolidCobra
04-25-2009, 10:23 AM
Only way you should be able to move the caliper is if you forgot the pins/bolts for it. If I remember right there are only four bolts to take the rotor and bracket off. Not counting the brake line of course. 2 in bracket, 2 in caliper.

Well it could be the calipers, but theres also clicking up by the master cylinder, and something about a hydro boosting unit..? Im still new with this mustang and my haynes manual doesnt tell me anything...

02mingryGT
04-26-2009, 07:40 AM
My guess is if you only here it going over bumps them something is loose. And yes Haynes manuals suck.

SolidCobra
04-26-2009, 01:31 PM
My guess is if you only here it going over bumps them something is loose. And yes Haynes manuals suck.

Well it could be the calipers im not sure yet. but ill have to take it all apart again...ughh

fordfan
04-26-2009, 04:15 PM
I converted my `89 to SN95 brakes and I`m hearing the same thing on my car. When I hit a bump I hear a clicking sound. I have found out that when I`m hearing it if I push the brake pedal a little it goes away. I think I didn`t put in the anti-rattle clips or whatever they are called. The piece that goes where the ears of the pads slide.

fordfan
04-27-2009, 04:51 PM
I installed the clips today and it took care of the noise I was hearing. I`d check to see if you have them installed and if not go pick up a set.

02mingryGT
04-28-2009, 05:07 AM
I installed the clips today and it took care of the noise I was hearing. I`d check to see if you have them installed and if not go pick up a set.

Cool. Sometimes it's the dumbest stuff.

SolidCobra
04-28-2009, 08:08 PM

Where can i get these clips? a local autozone?

SolidCobra
04-28-2009, 08:18 PM
You know whats funny, i got the hardware kits when i purchased everything, and didnt even see the damn clips in there.. jeez guess i should pay more attention to things...