PDA

View Full Version : Facemelter71 Down

KB1
04-27-2009, 05:05 PM
Well Andy is down in the back really bad! He has a severe lower disc problem, He had a MRI and is waiting the results, keep your fingers crossed or say a little prayer that he doesn't need to have surgery.

Kevin

2Kblacksleeper
04-27-2009, 05:19 PM
Good luck Andy, i have an issue with my L4 and L5. Let us know if we can help.

John

MFIELD
04-27-2009, 05:30 PM
That sucks, hope he gets better soon

rpppaprp
04-27-2009, 05:51 PM
I had my c6 disc replaced 2 years ago and have had no issues since. I have had no pain at all but i can say i cant turn my head as far as i could before but its hard to tell that i had the surgery. I dont know what, if any, limitations would be involved in the lower back. I had my surgery done at Bethesda North. My surgeons name was H. Paul Lewis and he did an excellent job. I also have not had any severe headaches since the surgery. Hopefully he doesnt need surgery, but if he does, I highly recommend my surgeon. Good luck and keep us posted.

fordfan
04-27-2009, 06:13 PM
I hope he is ok I just had back surgery myself and wouldn`t wish that on anyone. But if it is needed get it done before it causes anything more severe.

93snake
04-27-2009, 06:27 PM
sorry to hear that, good luck Andy

DeckerEnt
04-27-2009, 06:31 PM
Thoughts and prayers. Hope it is nothing too serious. Get well soon!!!

mustangboy
04-27-2009, 08:05 PM
Good Luck Andy I hope all goes well, I'll be praying for you.

jaystang44
04-27-2009, 08:29 PM
good luck man feel better hope everything works out

Black Horse
04-27-2009, 08:46 PM
A couple of frame stiffeners, weld up the ole torque boxes and get everything aligned and you'll be good as new. Good luck, we are all thinking about you!

2007ShelbyCobra
04-27-2009, 08:59 PM
good luck, hope its nothing needing surgery

R825OH
04-27-2009, 09:30 PM
Hang in there Andy,your too young for back problems.

PonymanfiveO
04-27-2009, 09:49 PM
Damn, thats scary shit. I hope your ok Andy. :)

Mista Bone
04-28-2009, 12:01 AM
Andy and your Ms., If you need help there are a few SBZ folk not far away.

aperacer, his wife Kim and me are just down the road a mile or two.

I've had minor back issues before, bulging disc on L4-L5, it's not fun.

Will mow grass for beer!

MrsAPE
04-28-2009, 07:08 AM
You know we are here if you need us Andy. Last I read from him he gets to see a back crack doc. His mind frame is he will do everything right to avoid surgery. His minds in the right place! Well as far as his back is concerned that is. :D Get better soon dude!

rpppaprp
04-28-2009, 10:09 AM
Something to think about. My surgeon and my friends chiropractor both agreed that after seeing my xrays, i could have been permanently paralyzed if the chiropractor had not seen my xrays first. Also, dont take a lot of pain killers because you get a false sense of normality when all the pills are doing is masking the pain. It could lead to worse problems than you already have.

Dirtyd0g
04-28-2009, 12:54 PM
I had my c6 disc replaced 2 years ago and have had no issues since. I have had no pain at all but i can say i cant turn my head as far as i could before but its hard to tell that i had the surgery. I dont know what, if any, limitations would be involved in the lower back. I had my surgery done at Bethesda North. My surgeons name was H. Paul Lewis and he did an excellent job. I also have not had any severe headaches since the surgery. Hopefully he doesnt need surgery, but if he does, I highly recommend my surgeon. Good luck and keep us posted.

Who was your surgeon. I need to have t10-11 disc replaced as well as L4-5-6 and C 3-4-5. T10 is the worst however I feel like I have an axe stuck in the front of my leg from it. I need to get surgery done however if I do I'll be homeless by the time I can work again. catch22. I hope it gets better Andy I had to literally do nothing for about 2 weeks for mine to let up. Still it takes me a pain killer and a muscle relaxer to get out of bed in the morning and 2 mucle relaxers to go to bed.
Alan

facemelter71
04-28-2009, 01:16 PM
Well,I do have two bulging disc's in my lower C-5 and 4 or some thing.The Chiro knows whats up.He says that he can fix me but its going to take a while to get it rolling and get me back to 100%.
I can say that my weight didnt help with the back problem.Im 6'2" and right at about 300 pounds (+ -10),but the problem started with an accident that I had when I had my quad.
I feel a little better now after getting past the sever pain that I was in.The bulging disc was pushing on my Sciatic nerve running down my right leg.I couldnt walk for a few days and had to have help.It def sucks,but I feel alittle better and I can kinda walk to go to the bathroom now.
Thanks for the support,I really appeciate the thoughts and prayers.

kaik1969
04-28-2009, 01:25 PM
Hope you get better soon. Let me know if you need anything, I'm right down the road from you.

Hangingcogs
04-28-2009, 02:37 PM
We can get you a wheel chair and get you to the cruise in....better yet we can get you a scooter with a basket and a bell!!!! Hope you get better.

facemelter71
04-28-2009, 02:42 PM
I might have to be in a wheelchair,I can walk a little but not for very long or far.But ill be at the cruise in.

Mista Bone
04-28-2009, 03:58 PM
L4-L5, lower back right?????

Same thing I had.

Start doing crunches once you can to build up the stomach muscles to even out with your back muscles, once you get cracked and can stay pain free.

Might I ask which back cracker you are going to? I went to Forest Park Chiro over by the DMV, Dr. Reed Moeller. I haven't seen him in 10+ years and that is a GOOD THING!

rush88GT
04-28-2009, 04:28 PM
I know your pain. I hope it gets better soon. I had surgery on L4-L5 and L5-L6 last year when I was 26. I would get a second opinion from a neurologist. You may get better relief from a epidural injection.

mustang8998
04-28-2009, 07:07 PM
Good luck, Andy. Hope you don't have to get sliced on.

Goldenpony
04-28-2009, 08:39 PM
Jonathan Borden. Best back surgeon in town. Riverhills Healthcare. He removed a cyst from my spine. I've been told he is the back surgeon other doctors ask for. Best of luck.

beefcake
04-28-2009, 08:48 PM
hope ya start feeling better

rpppaprp
04-28-2009, 09:21 PM
Jonathan Borden. Best back surgeon in town. Riverhills Healthcare. He removed a cyst from my spine. I've been told he is the back surgeon other doctors ask for. Best of luck.

He is part of the surgical team my surgeon belongs to. That whole group of surgeons are excellent. C.T. Lee / H. Paul Lewis / Jonathon Bordon. Like I said before, I am almost 100% again and have had no pain for two years. Highly recommended.

facemelter71
04-29-2009, 10:21 AM
Well,I go for a epidural consult tomorrow to see if I can have one or not.This def sucks,and the wife wont go in because she would most likely pass out from just seein the needle.

02mingryGT
04-29-2009, 10:26 AM
Hang in there. Hope it all turns out good.

Goldenpony
04-29-2009, 10:47 AM
Well,I go for a epidural consult tomorrow to see if I can have one or not.This def sucks,and the wife wont go in because she would most likely pass out from just seein the needle.

I've had 4 epidural injections. They worked very well for me. The procedure itself isn't all that bad. Hurts a little but it doesn't last but a few seconds. You'll be fine. Good luck.

rush88GT
04-29-2009, 11:04 AM

What doctor are you seeing for it?
I have had 6 injections so far.

BigBadStang
04-29-2009, 11:46 AM
Hope everything works out for ya man.

facemelter71
04-29-2009, 12:30 PM
I was told to go to Wellington Ortho over off of Union Center.But I dont really know where to go since this isnt going on insurance.I ned some one that will work with what I have.

MrsAPE
05-01-2009, 09:42 AM
Well? How'd thing go?

facemelter71
05-01-2009, 09:48 AM
I went there for my consult.They told me I am elligable for an epidural (3,and its about 2 grand,which I dont have) and should schedule some time soon.
Ive been doing better every day I get up.I go to the Chiro every other day to get worked on and it seems to be working.
The Orthopeadic person I guess was just to make sure I wasnt faking it or some thing.So I will schedule for my shot probly in a week or so.Oh,and I have 1 bulging disc and one herniated disc.The herniated disc is the one causing all my problems with pain and walking.My chiro said I should be doing fine in no time.
They have me on Vicodin,cyclobenzoprene and prednisone. Im def seeing a difference,I just need to walk more correctly to help heal it.Even though it hurts like hell.
But other than some discomfort walking,im doing pretty good.And I even drove my truck today.

beefcake
05-01-2009, 10:02 AM

I think I may call this guy.

I've always had some cysts even since i was little , but in the last couple years my wife has noticed a couple on my back

figure not a bad idea to get them checked out

plus my ridiculous 2k deductibles been met already, so might as well

BigBadStang
05-01-2009, 12:19 PM
I went there for my consult.They told me I am elligable for an epidural (3,and its about 2 grand,which I dont have) and should schedule some time soon.
Ive been doing better every day I get up.I go to the Chiro every other day to get worked on and it seems to be working.
The Orthopeadic person I guess was just to make sure I wasnt faking it or some thing.So I will schedule for my shot probly in a week or so.Oh,and I have 1 bulging disc and one herniated disc.The herniated disc is the one causing all my problems with pain and walking.My chiro said I should be doing fine in no time.
They have me on Vicodin,cyclobenzoprene and prednisone. Im def seeing a difference,I just need to walk more correctly to help heal it.Even though it hurts like hell.
But other than some discomfort walking,im doing pretty good.And I even drove my truck today.

Great to hear it is getting better for you! Hopefully they will be able to get you back to 100% soon! :bigthumb

MrsAPE
05-01-2009, 12:43 PM
^ Ditto to what Scotty said!! Oh and if you need a ride Sunday just give us a hollar. Both of us are driving so we have room!

facemelter71
05-01-2009, 12:47 PM
I might take you up on that.I dont really know what the wife is doing,but im def wanting to be there.I might skip the wheelchair and use a crutch or some thing.Any one have a crutch?
I can walk a little,but if I stand for awhile,it starts to tickle a little and I have to lean on some thing.And I dont want to lean on any ones car,so a crutch might be good.

92coupe
05-01-2009, 07:01 PM
Damn Andy hate to hear this bro, Hope you get to feeling better soon.

Goldenpony
05-01-2009, 07:36 PM
That epidural will amaze you.

rpppaprp
05-01-2009, 09:30 PM
Dont mess around with the prednisone. Take it exactly as you are instructed. My brother is having similar issues with his back and was put on prednisone. It helped him so he quit taking it before the prescription was done and started having pain again. His doctor told him that not finishing the prescription allows your body to build a defense against the steroids and they wont work as well. Good luck.

mustang8998
05-01-2009, 10:12 PM
That epidural will amaze you.

Maggie had similar problems. She did the epidural (3 of them), but didn't get any relief. We were told, that some people respond well to it and others don't.

I'm not saying not to try it, but just be aware.

Dirtyd0g
05-02-2009, 01:38 AM
I have had epiderals on 3 levels. the first one just leaves you sore and helps little. The second one in that spot makes a world of difference.
Alan

facemelter71
05-02-2009, 10:39 AM
They have me on the Prednisone and im taking it as instructed.Next week Im going to see how i feel and maybe make an appointment for the epidural's.Every day is just a little better.I was going to use this time to finish my car,but since this happened I havent even been to my dads to work on it.I think by middle of next month I should be done with it.This back issue is only a minor setback.

Dirtyd0g
05-02-2009, 11:45 AM
They have me on the Prednisone and im taking it as instructed.Next week Im going to see how i feel and maybe make an appointment for the epidural's.Every day is just a little better.I was going to use this time to finish my car,but since this happened I havent even been to my dads to work on it.I think by middle of next month I should be done with it.This back issue is only a minor setback.

They won't have you on that for very long. I couldn't sleep at all when I was on it and all I wanted to eat was red meat....cow..yum
Alan

88ssp
05-02-2009, 11:53 AM
Being a PT, I have seen both sides of the surgery coin. Personally, I wouldn't get it unless I exhausted every avenue possible, but I know how the system works.

I hope whatever choice you make, you do a lot of research--multiple opinions.

Screw the Chiropractor, go see a physical therapist. We actually teach you how to fix your problems for yourself (for the most part).

Good luck with your decision.

facemelter71
05-02-2009, 12:03 PM
The chiropractor that I go to is my uncle.Kinda,my best friend became my cousin through marraige,Ive known my chiro since I was in highschool.I go there about every other day to get adjusted and have therapy.Hes been teaching me some new stretches and things to help me along.Its def' been helping.He walks me through diagrams of what is wrong and how I need to go about fixing it.Its not a drop in, get cracked, pay and leave.And hes just a pretty cool guy.And he REALLY works with me ALOT not having insurance.

Mista Bone
05-02-2009, 03:19 PM
Being a PT, I have seen both sides of the surgery coin. Personally, I wouldn't get it unless I exhausted every avenue possible, but I know how the system works.

I hope whatever choice you make, you do a lot of research--multiple opinions.

Screw the Chiropractor, go see a physical therapist. We actually teach you how to fix your problems for yourself (for the most part).

Good luck with your decision.

A GOOD Chiro will teach you the same as well, atleast mine did. Chiro can get your straight, but it up to you to keep it there!

Also how to get yourself straight, when you do get misaligned, just by stretching.

A beer belly is the worse for your posture.

facemelter71
05-03-2009, 08:46 AM
Yea see,I have a beer gut also so that doesnt help.

rpppaprp
05-03-2009, 09:29 AM
Definatley get multiple opinions. Good luck.

Goldenpony
07-11-2009, 03:15 PM
Dr. Jonathan Borden. With Riverhills Healthcare, 513 791-6400. Operates at Bethesda North. Did a great job on me.
I have been told by several people Dr. Borden is the doctor other doctors go to for back surgery. Good luck!