PDA

View Full Version : Street Race Ends up in a Crash and one dead

1badasp
04-29-2009, 08:01 AM
http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/AB/20090429/NEWS01/304290008/

I hope no one on this board. Take it to the track

ffmueller81
04-29-2009, 09:30 AM
That is just outside of the coverage of my firehouse. It is a very straight flat road with maybe two or three houses in a two mile stretch with cornfields on either side. The downfall is the three foot deep ditches on either side. One wheel off and there is no correcting it... espically at high speeds.

1992MustangDW
04-29-2009, 10:33 AM
Thats right up the road from us, hope noone was involved I know.

Blackpony
04-29-2009, 10:34 AM
When are idiots going to learn not to street race. Terrible thing to happen but of course it won't be the last.

1992MustangDW
04-29-2009, 10:38 AM
It just kinda makes the cops eyeball us even more with things like this.

CincySR
04-29-2009, 11:10 AM
yeah thats about a mile or two from my parents house, I used to cruise all around there, but have never been down that road, but always went fast down woodville. I can't see 6 vehicles racing down through there like they would on the highway though. All it takes is for one tire to get off the berm of the road, they have deep ditches out there in most places.

BigBadStang
04-29-2009, 11:34 AM
Maybe it was the cause of Fast and Furious that just opened a few weeks ago.:( On the news coverage, the car looked like a 4 door Hondoo...
AJ may have had a delayed premonition with this post...

Just what we need, retarded little ricers trying to drift around Cincinnati streets... Think I will be staying inside opening night. :lol:

k062693w
04-29-2009, 12:07 PM
I'm still trying to figure out what racetrack they are talking about that is $100 !!! LMAO

Wolvrin704
04-29-2009, 12:20 PM
So sad, kids never learn. I imagine the prosecutor will go after everyone involved.

WHYTRY
04-29-2009, 12:54 PM
When are idiots going to learn not to street race. Terrible thing to happen but of course it won't be the last.

its these jacksasses in hondas and other junk or rich moms and dads that give there id what they want and have no idea how to respect the road and they end up dead or killing someone. saying streetracing is whats killing ppl is like saying guns kill ppl.. its the retards behind the wheel or the trigger...

Blackpony
04-29-2009, 01:22 PM
its these jacksasses in hondas and other junk or rich moms and dads that give there id what they want and have no idea how to respect the road and they end up dead or killing someone. saying streetracing is whats killing ppl is like saying guns kill ppl.. its the retards behind the wheel or the trigger...

I agree with you to an extent. Streetracing last time i looked was illegal and extremely dangerous.Not only to the idiots racing but to the inoccent people that get cought up in the stupitity of jackass street racers. I believe if your dumb enough to race on the street then you deserve what ever happens to you. I have never been dumb enough to race on the the street. Maybe it's cause i have a brain and care enough not to hurt others or even myself. If someone feels the urge to race take it to the damm track thats why they were built.

Mista Bone
04-29-2009, 01:52 PM
I want a "Mazda pipe" for my Honda........

The story is about as stupid as the people that were racing.

facemelter71
04-29-2009, 02:40 PM
Problem is,tracks are becoming few and far between.The Public doesnt want them opening new ones,so they go to the next place,which is your closest straight chunk of road.
Better yet,designate a mile or two to just street racing for the weekend.Im just spitballing,so dont flame the hell outta me.

Mista Bone
04-29-2009, 02:45 PM
RT 32 would be perfect, one car on each side of the median.

The car was for sale on CSR

http://www.cincinnatistreetracing.com/streetracing/index.php?showtopic=90647&st=0&gopid=841450&#entry841450

85_SS_302_Coupe
04-29-2009, 02:57 PM
Problem is,tracks are becoming few and far between.The Public doesnt want them opening new ones,so they go to the next place,which is your closest straight chunk of road.
Better yet,designate a mile or two to just street racing for the weekend.Im just spitballing,so dont flame the hell outta me.

I've heard of towns that do this, but there are safety crews there and it's organized.

OldBlue
04-29-2009, 02:59 PM
I know the boy that was killed....truly a great kid. I feel so sorry for his parents!! The front passenger is a kid I have known since he was 7 years old, he wasn't hurt. I did not know the driver. A sad day for sure, I hope they learn something from this.

Bill

sean
04-29-2009, 03:06 PM
stupid. He wanted @ 7000 for that? A 4 door? Theres way better rice out there for that kind of money. well I guess its fair to say the mustang won. No mention of that driver. I wonder who it was....

sean
04-29-2009, 03:08 PM
Those poor moms and dads out there too. I am sure he was a good kid. qwe have all had close calls or done something stupid. Its unfortunate this guy had to pay the price we didnt. R.I.P.

tcorns
04-29-2009, 03:26 PM
when i ran with wayne, i worked several accidents out there. the worst spot in wayne is actually the intersection of 131 and 133 (i lived there and know). everyday there were tons of people racing from that point... hell i can't tell you how many times i have seen the cops blow that intersection as well.

trev

BIZLE
04-29-2009, 03:50 PM
they were just at edgewater friday night running that car
it went 13.80 i think
it was a all motor car

Steves LX
05-01-2009, 12:45 PM
Well I must say I am sorry for those kids that lost a friend and the parents and family that lost a son. But lets think about this for a second. First off lets go race down a street that is poorly lit and have 3 ft ditches on either side of the road. And then to top it off lets be bigger dumbasses and not wear a seatbelt. That's real cool to drag race on the street and then not wear a seatbelt. Your not so cool when your lifes taken though. So sad!!! My 19yr old son is just as bad about not wearing his seatbelt. He doesn't street race to the best of my knowledge but I do know thathe very rarely wears a seatbelt and it burns my ass. He's gotten a ticket for it already and lost 4 good friends in the past couple years in 2 seperate accidents. All 4 died as a result of not wearing a seatbelt. We were at Cedar point last year and we hot on Top Thrill Dragster and he went to get buckled in and I told no don't you even dare. He looked at me like I was stupid. I responded to him with you dont wear a seatbelt in your car why would you wear one on a roller coaster. And he says because I might fall out. I said exactly you dumbass and what do you think is going to happen to you in a car crash ecspecially at a higher speed. It's called ejected and most people dont walk away from it. He still doesn't wear it!!!!

untamed
05-01-2009, 03:33 PM
My son raced him down at edgewater this past weekend. Said he was a nice guy. What a shame.

SN95N/A
05-01-2009, 11:35 PM
Yea that car was at track when I went down ..wat a shame.

jaystang44
05-03-2009, 12:00 AM
So anybody know the mustang guy?

I hate hearing news like this... dumbass or not