PDA

View Full Version : Traction Control , ABS help

ashnic
05-01-2009, 07:33 PM
I have a 00 GT. The ABS light is on and I can't get the traction Control off?? I just bought the car a week ago and really want to get this fixed. I believe it may be nothing more then a sensor but can not find out for sure. Everything runs and drives fine but the lights are on...I was driving it the other day hit the traction control to turn it off and it went off along with the abs light, however as soon as I turned the car off and back on my buddy the 2 lights were back!! I was reading that I need to pull the codes for the ABS but after talking with the guys from Autozone and Advance they can not pull codes from ABS...That sorta leaves me stuck....any help would be great. I am planning on lowering here in a couple weeks and would like to get this repair done before moving on...Thanks for any help or suggestions...

8banger
05-01-2009, 09:10 PM
I have a 00 GT. The ABS light is on and I can't get the traction Control off?? I just bought the car a week ago and really want to get this fixed. I believe it may be nothing more then a sensor but can not find out for sure. Everything runs and drives fine but the lights are on...I was driving it the other day hit the traction control to turn it off and it went off along with the abs light, however as soon as I turned the car off and back on my buddy the 2 lights were back!! I was reading that I need to pull the codes for the ABS but after talking with the guys from Autozone and Advance they can not pull codes from ABS...That sorta leaves me stuck....any help would be great. I am planning on lowering here in a couple weeks and would like to get this repair done before moving on...Thanks for any help or suggestions...

Where you located?Can help ya out Monday on my lunch hour.Free..:bigthumb

ashnic
05-01-2009, 09:26 PM
I am up near Dayton...but would gladly try to come down if that would be cool...

8banger
05-02-2009, 09:49 AM
I am up near Dayton...but would gladly try to come down if that would be cool...

Yeah not a problem.Let me know.:bigthumb

05yellowgt
05-06-2009, 12:21 PM
Keep in mind that unless you have a tune to disable the traction control, that you will have to turn off the traction control with the button each time you start the car.

stang5slow
05-06-2009, 04:32 PM
my 04 does same thing, no abs light though, but if you turn TC off, as far as i know, after shutting your car off and turning it back on, TC will will engage again, you have to turn it off everytime you start the car

ashnic
05-06-2009, 05:09 PM
Well I have bought the traction control black box...but hitting the TC control button right now does nothing..

stang5slow
05-06-2009, 05:15 PM
hitting the button a light should turn on, means traction control is dis engaged, if the light comes on an your cars traction control is still on, then a new module should be between 100 or 200 bucks from ford, you could find a nice used one for 75 buck or so, or junk yard for 20 or 30

stang5slow
05-06-2009, 05:17 PM
when you turn your car on i dont remember if the light is on or off for the TC button as i have not drove my 04 for about 2 months, so i dont rememebr, but either way around, it sounds like a traction control module

ashnic
05-06-2009, 07:27 PM
The off part of the button is alway's lit up...hit the button and nothing happens...I will say I have hit it twice and it went off and the abs kicked off as well...so you think it could be the traction control module?

MFIELD
05-06-2009, 08:00 PM
It could be a simple wheel speed sensor, traction control and abs use the same sensors

8banger
05-06-2009, 08:25 PM
It could be a simple wheel speed sensor, traction control and abs use the same sensors

yep,1 wheel speed sensor code can disable the traction control.

ashnic
05-06-2009, 08:42 PM
Ok, where can I get the codes read? I took it to advance and the zone...can't read abs codes...

MFIELD
05-06-2009, 08:50 PM
Going to have to be a dealer or someone with the right scan tool

Wolvrin704
05-07-2009, 12:50 AM
Haven't had any trouble with my TC but twice in the past 2 weeks my ABS light stayed on. Went out the next time I started the car but it had me worried a bit.

ashnic
05-07-2009, 03:53 PM
The traction Control light has me concerned...If "OFF" is lit up does that mean traction control is activated or deactivated? I know the times "OFF" light has went out the ABS light has went out as well..

05yellowgt
05-07-2009, 03:56 PM
When off is lit then the TC is disabled. If it is off then TC is on. It sounds like you might have an ABS wheel sensor on the fritz.

8banger
05-07-2009, 05:45 PM
Going to have to be a dealer or someone with the right scan tool

I offered for free,but hes a good distance away I suppose..

ashnic
05-07-2009, 08:29 PM
Yea thanks a bunch 8banger but trying to get down thru the week is really difficult as I work mon-fri...if there is anyway you could look at it on the weekend I would be there...The "OFF" is usually alway's lit up so I guess Traction control is off and staying off? Because I can hit the button and nothing happens...but like I said the couple of times the OFF has went out the ABS light went out as well...

8banger
05-08-2009, 03:54 PM
Yea thanks a bunch 8banger but trying to get down thru the week is really difficult as I work mon-fri...if there is anyway you could look at it on the weekend I would be there...The "OFF" is usually alway's lit up so I guess Traction control is off and staying off? Because I can hit the button and nothing happens...but like I said the couple of times the OFF has went out the ABS light went out as well...

Yep same here M-F, 8-5 so I understand.:bigthumb.I'll give it a shot!....maybe next weekend?Let me know.

ashnic
05-08-2009, 04:13 PM
Yea..if you could do a Saturday...I'll be there...no problem...Please let me know..

8banger
05-09-2009, 04:29 PM
Yea..if you could do a Saturday...I'll be there...no problem...Please let me know..

Things go well this week,we can shoot for next Sat..:bigthumb I'll try and let ya know maybe Thurs. at the latest.

ashnic
05-09-2009, 06:33 PM
No problem..thanks a lot...Just let me know and I'll be there..

8banger
05-14-2009, 06:52 PM
Sat. morning .pm ya directions and number. :bigthumb

ashnic
05-16-2009, 05:12 PM
8banger thanks for all your help...it was nice meeting ya and seeing your car...look forward to seeing you when you have time to help lower and put the exhaust on the car...