PDA

View Full Version : Summit racing oil filter relocation kit

Lexstang
05-03-2009, 12:01 AM
:D I had goofed up routing the hoses the first time but try try again and I love it. I mounted the filter under the bumper cover and ran the hoses up through the hole for the headlight and down to the filter base. NOW I won't spill oil every time I change to oil all over the steering rack, k member and the driveway. It is so totally stupid to mount the filter at an angle that oil will spill every time you spin off the filter no matter how hard you try. For 35 bucks I think you get the kit and use a FL1A instead of the 820S for the modular. The only bad thing is I dulled a bunch of drill bits and broke one trying to drill into the bumper support for the mounting screws.

bobtsgt
05-03-2009, 08:52 AM
got a part number on the kit? I need one for my 96.

Lexstang
05-03-2009, 03:29 PM
SUM-G4985 Just remember, measure twice cut once. I had my car jacked up and ran the hoses through the sway bar mounting bracket and forward under the bumper. I realized after I lowered the jack that the tire would rub. It really worked out well to pass them up through the headlight bucket and down between the battery tray and radiator.

Black92LX
05-04-2009, 05:17 PM
got any pics??

Lexstang
05-06-2009, 05:46 AM
I will try to get some and add them on. The weathers gonna be crappy so it will take me some time to get to it.

Lexstang
08-10-2009, 04:04 PM

These are the pics of the oil filter relocation kit. The oil under the old filter location is where it spilled every time I took off the filter because it was mounted on it's side above the power steering rack. The filter is now located behind front bumper. It can be easily removed and nothing spilled.