PDA

View Full Version : Painters chime in

91boost
05-06-2009, 08:01 PM
I am going to buy another compressor and was wanting to know what compressors you guys are using, and what is the best bang for the buck?

plated
05-06-2009, 08:13 PM
80 gal 2 stage is ideal run a desicant dryer in between to dry the air

mustangjon
05-06-2009, 08:15 PM
big question are what are your real intentions for it. As plated said go with a 2 stage to keep up cfm wise if you planning on running any open air tools... DA sanders, grinders ect, other wise the compressor will run its ass off. Brand wise just go with a decent known brand. what kinda budget you have? If you cheap out and go with a 500 dollar compressor dont expect life long service, if you over buy for your intentions and change the oil ect, i should last till your kids need it :)

mustangbangher
05-06-2009, 08:48 PM
I like the harbor freight dual stage it keeps up with all the tools

91boost
05-07-2009, 07:27 AM
I have been looking into a 80 gal two stage, what is a good brand to look for? I have a 60 gal campbell hausfeld now and i am running its ass off. I have the devilbiss camair desicant now, do think i should put another one in line with it or leave it alone?

plated
05-07-2009, 07:47 AM
I have been looking into a 80 gal two stage, what is a good brand to look for? I have a 60 gal campbell hausfeld now and i am running its ass off. I have the devilbiss camair desicant now, do think i should put another one in line with it or leave it alone?i'd leave it be they also have a 4 foot peice thats you put inline with your airhose full of dessicant,there good for a few allover paint jobs,if you don't have moisture issues i'd use what you have.tractor supply has the best deals as far as new.about any 80 2stage should be fine just get the extended warranty if you have any doubts,and yea shit breaks you never know??or you always have craigslist.mine has a deveblis motor it runs very quiet,build an out building and put the compressor outside,mine is up stairs so i don't hear it

pegasus
05-07-2009, 09:11 AM
i just picked up a compresser from TSC 60 gal 2 stage Ingersoll Rand it seems to work ok for me it was around 600bucks

mustangboy
05-07-2009, 09:24 AM
Check out www.eatoncompressor.com (http://www.eatoncompressor.com).
They are a local company and build some awesome compressors and have great customer service. I should be picking mine up tomorrow.

Lexstang
05-11-2009, 10:03 PM
I like my 80 gal from home depot. Its loud but not too much more expensive than the 26 stand up ones. I do know I wish i had better air hoses. I got the cheapest ones from harbor freight and they do the job but they are very stiff.