PDA

View Full Version : Thornhill T&T 5/9

Waffles
05-08-2009, 01:04 AM
We replaced our timing system and are still working out the kinks. We're not confident enough in the system to race yet, so we're having a T&T night and working things out as we go.

T&T will be $15 for the night, as many times as you can run em.
Spectators will be $7

Student or military ID get's you T&T for $10 and in the door for $5

Jeff88coupe
05-08-2009, 07:07 AM
What time do the gates open/start running?

NickBeam
05-08-2009, 05:49 PM

People start showing up as early as 12:00 pm. The racing doesn't start until 6pm and ends at midnight. Thornhill has a 6 hour window due to the the noise injunction.

Waffles
05-10-2009, 12:46 AM

Wicked car dude, glad you could make it down.

Dirtyd0g
05-10-2009, 04:46 AM
I thought saturday was racing when is the TNT?

Jeff88coupe
05-10-2009, 06:06 AM
Wicked car dude, glad you could make it down.

Thanks...car ran good last night. Thornhill definatly hooks. It went a new best 60' of a 1.37' with only a 150 shot. Track takes some getting use to..definatly wouldn't want to run a high 9 sec 1/4 mile pass there in my car and try to get it stopped safely. Most of the good ol boys down there definatly are not use to seeing a fast car with fuel injection on it down there:lol: The announcer guy was cracking Jenn (my wife) up all night.

Waffles
05-11-2009, 12:24 AM
The crowd was a lot different than usual Sat night because of T&T in place of racing. You should come down on race night to run T&T. There are a lot of fast cars at TH. Granted most of them have been racing there for as long as they've been able to reach the pedals, have made thousands of passes there, and know the track better than their own driveways... but they run it pretty hard.

The first 5 SBZ cars to come down for T&T next Sat (May 16), I'll bump your regular spectator fee to T&T for free (you gotta have a SBZ sticker on the car, wearing a SBZ shirt or something and tell the gates your part of SBZ). Some of the UMTR guys have been coming down to check the track out ahead of the race and have had pretty positive responses.

Waffles
05-11-2009, 12:30 AM
I thought saturday was racing when is the TNT?

I'm running T&T with eliminations on Sat nights. Basically, if you want to T&T 1/8 mile you'd just come to the staging lanes with Bracket I & II eliminations. T&T cars go to the back of the lanes and run you through at the end of each round. Same with 1/4 mile, but with Bracket III.

The racers like it because it keeps the track warm and sticky between rounds. T&T drivers like it because they get plenty of passes just as if they were racing, but don't get eliminated. We like it because we make the extra few bucks for very little additional time as it's time we'd be setting up for the next round anyway.

Dirtyd0g
05-11-2009, 03:44 PM
The crowd was a lot different than usual Sat night because of T&T in place of racing. You should come down on race night to run T&T. There are a lot of fast cars at TH. Granted most of them have been racing there for as long as they've been able to reach the pedals, have made thousands of passes there, and know the track better than their own driveways... but they run it pretty hard.

The first 5 SBZ cars to come down for T&T next Sat (May 16), I'll bump your regular spectator fee to T&T for free (you gotta have a SBZ sticker on the car, wearing a SBZ shirt or something and tell the gates your part of SBZ). Some of the UMTR guys have been coming down to check the track out ahead of the race and have had pretty positive responses.

I'll be there. Either to see what the ranger can do on the track or if by some miracle one of my birds is ready I will actually race. I am curious to see what the 4 banger ranger will do now. Realistically I guess 16.5-17.0. Even with the clutch upgraded I don't think it will take much more than that on launch.
Alan