PDA

View Full Version : what all do i need to go 4v on my 99 2v

plated
05-08-2009, 07:14 PM
can someone give me the run down on what i need to do the 4v swap,i have a line on a good low mile mark 8motor,what else do i need harness,computer fuel??? will i use everything from the mark8 motor or do i have to round up a buch of other crap?? can some one make me a list of what all i need thanks a bunch

89notch
05-08-2009, 07:15 PM
Just turbo the 2v

Foxxx5oh
05-08-2009, 07:18 PM
I would think just the main wiring harness and ecu/fuel system stuff, getting it all to work 100% right is just a matter of a reflash

plated
05-08-2009, 08:26 PM
Just turbo the 2vwanna build the kit for me:)

89notch
05-08-2009, 08:59 PM
wanna build the kit for me:)

:lol: Just build a rear mount kit and give it a try. You can build a rear mount for under 1k not the most efficient but easy to do and it does work.

94tchikinv8
05-08-2009, 09:10 PM
In a car like my Tbird, you'd modify your stock harness to work and get a tune. In a Mustang, it might be easier to use a stock cobra harness and computer. Then you would have to deal with getting the PATS system to work with everything (you can disable PATS in a tune). I've not read too much about this swap in a mustang. Not sure if the 2v exhaust (h-pipe) would bolt up to the stock 4v manifolds or not. That should be easy to find out. The catback should be the same. The motor mounts and accessories should work fine on the 4v with exception of the alternator. You'd also need an intake tube and such to work with the 4v intake. If it were mine I'd go with a newer engine out of a Lincoln Aviator or newer Cobra/Mach 1 or something since they're a little better N/A.

You may need the front section of fuel lines for a 4v car, you might want to search more for specifics. You'll obviously need the correct fuel rails. Then little stuff like radiator hoses, heater hoses, etc.

Don't forget to make sure your flywheel/flexplate will bolt to the new engine! Ie., whether the crank is 6 or 8 bolt. Depending on what engine you get, most of your stuff should work fine with it. You just need to double check things like this. The biggest thing with a project like this is the small expenses that add up.

Plated, did you get my PM?

-Rob

PS. There's always www.torktech.com :coo1:

bolender01
05-18-2009, 03:18 PM
in the June 2009 MM@FF they are doing a 2v to 4v swap, u might find out what all u will need for the swap.