PDA

View Full Version : Crackdown on Dixie Hwy (KY)

myownr
05-08-2009, 09:31 PM
The police are doing a crackdown on dixie highway on No. Ky. Buddy just got a 40 in 35 ticket in his gmc so its not just a mustang thing. The officer told him they are doing crackdown with federal $ to improve safety. I can't seriously say I have seen a bad wreck on this road the past 10 years living in elsmere. stimulus $ at work just to make more $ for the courts

Mista Bone
05-08-2009, 09:39 PM
What part of Dixie Highway?

DeckerEnt
05-09-2009, 10:50 AM
Saw a guy having a really bad night last night. His ford van was in Taco bell's parking lot, he was cuffed sitting on the ground in front of a cruiser, and there were 7 cruisers in taco bell and Mc Ds lot. Steam was pouring from under the hood of the van too. No idea what happened, I was rubber necking as I drove by!!

BigBadStang
05-09-2009, 12:25 PM
With most of the states, counties, cities strapped for cash, these "crackdowns" will increase dramatically. It's just simply "revenue enhancement" hiding behind the guise of safety. Cops will be writing tickets to try and bolster the budgets of their respective governments to help secure their jobs. The local governments ALWAYS threaten to can cops and firefighters first when the politicians can't keep from spending their budgets into the ground.

mustangjon
05-09-2009, 04:00 PM
well my legal dilema from 3 weeks ago happened guess where... dixie hwy... got followed from 275 to dixie heights.. then pulled over for out of town tags...

myownr
05-09-2009, 11:00 PM
in erlanger. my buddy got stopped in car wash lot. cop was sitting at long john silvers

NUTTSGT
05-10-2009, 07:30 AM
The local governments ALWAYS threaten to can cops and firefighters first when the politicians can't keep from spending their budgets into the ground.

How true.

If there's a crack down, it might be due to the local guys getting a govt traffic grant. When they get these grants, most of the guys have to work some O/T to use the grant. When they work that O/T for this, there's usually a no tolerance on anything, they have to show results for the grant money.

BigBadStang
05-10-2009, 08:51 AM
How true.

It's amazing isn't it?
It's a strong arm tactic used to scare the public into ponying up.
The school districts have caught on to this tactic also. When the schools don't get their levies, the first thing they cut is the things that inconveniences the parents such as busing and making everything pay to play. God forbid the governments or schools cut some fat at the top! :mad:
I'm probably telling you something that you already know with you being in the IFFA. We have family in both police and fire...these jobs are tough enough w/o having all the bullshit politics being injected into them.

FireStang02
05-11-2009, 10:00 AM
With most of the states, counties, cities strapped for cash, these "crackdowns" will increase dramatically. It's just simply "revenue enhancement" hiding behind the guise of safety. Cops will be writing tickets to try and bolster the budgets of their respective governments to help secure their jobs. The local governments ALWAYS threaten to can cops and firefighters first when the politicians can't keep from spending their budgets into the ground.

That might be true some places, but not any of the cities in NKY that I am aware of. I work for the fire dept and have a lot of cops friends. NONE of the money that comes in from tickets goes to the locality. The money is all going to the state. Most cops I know dont even like writing tickets.

billy69mach
05-11-2009, 11:21 AM
5 over ????? wow