PDA

View Full Version : Prom night racing

cobra429boss
05-11-2009, 01:31 PM
Hey i was on my way home from my prom and i had my date in the car and her brother was driving the silver stang we were on I-71 north well he was behind me then he floord it and past me at first but i didn't even know what was going on i thought he was just messing around but thing figured it out when he called me on my phone and asked me to race im like dude you don't want do this cause i straight up told him i would leave him sitting and i did and i was barely push 70 mph then he got behind me and turned on his brights and his sister was like wat is he doing and i said hold on and floored it and hit 90 easy
then finally he backed off
sorry chris

red malovlence
4-2:flipoff:

SLWB16hatch
05-25-2009, 12:52 AM
wow this is probably one of the stupidest things i have ever heard in my life....seriously. why the hell would you race with your girl in the car... what are you fu*!@ng 12? i have been with my girl for 4 years and i dont care if someone ran their mouth to my face about racing, i won't race with her in the car. its my hobby and i don't care to chance getting hurt. she doesn't deserve to take the same chance. grow up a lil before you race...:screwy:

sean
05-26-2009, 02:30 AM
No doubt dude. I live in the area and I dont want you hitting my wife and child. Keep your ego and 6cyl mustang in check before you hurt someone. Besides... If you go to fast your cobra emblems may peel off. :D

jlt2006
05-26-2009, 05:38 AM
I figured this was a another dumbass story of some kid killing a car load. Glad it was not, just another kid thinking he is Mario.

cobra429boss
05-26-2009, 11:10 AM
wow this is probably one of the stupidest things i have ever heard in my life....seriously. why the hell would you race with your girl in the car... what are you fu*!@ng 12? i have been with my girl for 4 years and i dont care if someone ran their mouth to my face about racing, i won't race with her in the car. its my hobby and i don't care to chance getting hurt. she doesn't deserve to take the same chance. grow up a lil before you race...:screwy:

hey dude no one is forcing you to read so keep ur comments to ur self

:flipoff:

04 Venom
05-26-2009, 11:12 AM
I figured this was a another dumbass story of some kid killing a car load. Glad it was not, just another kid thinking he is Mario.

I was thinking the same thing.

cobra429boss
05-26-2009, 11:15 AM

yea dude you probally write cause and sorry about the comment earlier a buddy told me people are talking bad and stuff so yea it was a dumb move on my part

cobra429boss
05-26-2009, 11:16 AM
I was thinking the same thing.

hey aint nobody forcing you to read

98stangv6
05-26-2009, 01:49 PM
People like you are the reason the v6 community gets a terrible rep. I drive a v6 too, have since I was 16, just can't part with it. Love the car, but as a daily driver. It's time for you to realize that your car is not quick at all, at all. So quit being a tool. :dummy:

Mista Bone
05-26-2009, 03:08 PM
yea dude you probally write cause and sorry about the comment earlier a buddy told me people are talking bad and stuff so yea it was a dumb move on my part

right

Also no punctuation, what school are you going to?

2007ShelbyCobra
05-26-2009, 04:34 PM
Everyone has fun now and then, just be sure the time and place is right, and if any passengers in the car have a problem with it, then dont do it period. Its a shame some people on forums act like 12 yrlds themselves, b*****ing about silly storys like this, cant we all grow up?

sean
05-26-2009, 07:43 PM
I agree, Fun is fun and we all do it from time to time. I think the problem here is this person is young and it sounds like he will race down any road any time and not care about who he hurts. The way he is writing without puncuation doesnt help either. This is not spelling class and god knows I make plenty of mistakes. It sounds like this guy is showing off a bit and may end up learning the hard way what happens when street racing goes wrong. All I am saying to you is your young. Your not a race car driver and people with big heads about what they think they have end up dead or in jail from killing someone else.
Nothing wrong with a v6 and if you feel you must go fast, go to the track and go as fast as you can 1 quarter mile at a time. Then you will know your racing and the guy that just passed you wont have to call you on your cell and tell you your racing.

zmcnutt
05-26-2009, 08:57 PM
Yea take it easy on the street racing man. Ive been there and done that theres never really a time or a place for it but sometimes it happens. You never know who your gonna hurt or when your gonna pass a cop and drag racing doesnt look good on your record so cool it down a bit a take it to the track. Just passin on some great advice i was young a dumb once with my 6 banger :bigthumb

sean
05-27-2009, 02:51 AM
interesting thing I saw at the bmv. I booklet was lying in the chair next to me and it had laws and things in it to study up for a new drivers test I guess. In the back it had point systems and breakdowns. At the top was vehicular manslaughter and in the same list was street racing. There were a few others in the same list that had the same points that i thought was odd. seems you would get more points for killing someone than street racing. Ohh well. Something to think about.
I had my close call street racing (in a 98 gt vert) prob 8 years ago. Passed a cop in going the other way going over 100 in a 35mph zone. The other car slowed down and I turned off my lights and flored it. Got home ran inside, got the wifes car and my friend (alliby lol) and got outta dodge for a few hours. Theres more to the storey but in the end... I got back home @ 3am didnt drive the car for a week and lesson learned.
Some of us learn one way and others learn another way. Just make sure you live long enough to learn, one way or another.

Mista Bone
05-27-2009, 03:16 AM
Sorry, but when lit up by cops, I take my medicine.

Like being called for a foul on a game...you know you got away with alot more crap before.

sean
05-27-2009, 01:47 PM
well I wasnt really lit up. We were going opposite directions. The cop had to go about an1/8 mile and turn around then come get us. It was @ 1am dark and I hit my lights and got the heck outta there. By the time he turned around I was gone. I lived close and hid the car. That was the turning point in my stupid driving days. I still have fun, dont get me wrong. But flat out street racing for more that a quick burst. NOpe I dont do it. If someone gets next to me and thinks they are going to cut me off to get to the ramp to get on the highway, well no, thats not going to happen. But I went past the point where I should have stopped and kept my foot planted. No no thats the worst thing I have ever gotten away with.

cobra429boss
05-28-2009, 02:00 PM
to everbody hey thanks for the advice and i have been chilling on racing on the streets and stuff because the last time i did it i almost got busted going 60 in a 35 and that scarred the shit out of me its fun for awhile until you get busted and im sure a five min adrenline rush aint worth jail time

strokercobra
05-29-2009, 01:17 PM
to everbody hey thanks for the advice and i have been chilling on racing on the streets and stuff because the last time i did it i almost got busted going 60 in a 35 and that scarred the shit out of me its fun for awhile until you get busted and im sure a five min adrenline rush aint worth jail time

Thats a good move and I commend you on that. Testosterone is a powerful thing and many of us know that for sure. I think people are afraid of your lack of experience at the wheel due to your age. You should go to the track, you would enjoy yourself, it's quite a rush.

Ryan218
06-02-2009, 02:47 AM
People like you are the reason the v6 community gets a terrible rep. I drive a v6 too, have since I was 16, just can't part with it. Love the car, but as a daily driver. It's time for you to realize that your car is not quick at all, at all. So quit being a tool. :dummy:

my daily's a kia. 4 cylinders of furyyyyy!

USMCPONY
06-02-2009, 03:00 AM
No doubt dude. I live in the area and I dont want you hitting my wife and child. Keep your ego and 6cyl mustang in check before you hurt someone. Besides... If you go to fast your cobra emblems may peel off. :D

Hey, I have Cobra emblems lol.

98stangv6
06-02-2009, 11:06 AM
my daily's a kia. 4 cylinders of furyyyyy!

haha, you wanna run em? It should be close.

bkstang95
06-27-2009, 11:47 AM
People like you are the reason the v6 community gets a terrible rep.

sooo wait, there is a v6 community?! :D

98stangv6
06-27-2009, 12:57 PM
sooo wait, there is a v6 community?! :D

haha sometimes, it's more like a home for slow kids.:lol:

bkstang95
06-27-2009, 03:41 PM
hahahaha now that's funny!

Stolly113
06-27-2009, 06:39 PM
haha sometimes, it's more like a home for slow kids.:lol:

i need to join that home :(