Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Teething [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Teething

85_SS_302_Coupe
05-11-2009, 03:09 PM
As i'm typing, i have an 8 month old baby girl in my lap crying hysterically. Huge crocodile tears.

:(

She's teething. She hasn't got ANY teeth all the way in yet...seems like they're all about to explode all at once. She's got 2 starting to peak through on the bottom. No amount of Orajel and Tylenol makes her feel better. It sucks :(

Mista Bone
05-11-2009, 03:28 PM
give her a bottle of COLD water........

I'll help numb the pain, but make the teeth cut through sooner.

85_SS_302_Coupe
05-11-2009, 03:30 PM
She's got the frozen teething ring thing...it seems to help a little. She'll try to play and it seems like she tries to ignore it but then she'll just cry and cry and then go back to playing. It's sad but that's life i guess.

ponymom05
05-11-2009, 03:56 PM
Take a teaspoon from your kitchen, bend the handle around into a circle (so she doesn't poke her eye with it) and let her chew on it. It will help the teeth cut through the gums quicker and it will feel cold.

myownr
05-11-2009, 03:57 PM
I wouldn't sweat it, it gets better. Just get out that botttle of bourbon....1 shot for you rub a little on those gums...another shot for you...more for her. sooner or later one of you will be number than the other and go to sleep first. Can't say I used this all five of my kids but on a couple. Funny how kids sometimes bond to their father more so than mom.

SlowRS
05-11-2009, 04:02 PM
a finger worked wonders when my kids were teething, was just bad for me.

Rick93coupe
05-11-2009, 08:17 PM
As i'm typing, i have an 8 month old baby girl in my lap crying hysterically. Huge crocodile tears.
:(

I remember those days, it used to break my heart.:(

RIXXX93GT
05-11-2009, 08:27 PM
Yea poor things, its tough to hear them cry and be in pain. ponymom05 had a great suggestion, and the frozen teething rings are good also. They used to make teething biscuits that were good for breaking them through the gums also.

85_SS_302_Coupe
05-11-2009, 08:39 PM
We've got the biscuits too. This is all kinda old news for me since i've got a 6 year old son but this is all new for my GF since this is her first, so she's all over the internet trying to research everything and she's snatching up every trick she hears about trying to help things along.

dominickbonella
05-12-2009, 12:04 AM
dave,u sure its the baby and not just ur winey ass?

http://www.phonezoo.com/ContentProfile.do?id=93408867

RACEME
05-12-2009, 04:26 AM
We have one of those small empty bottles that had solution for my contacts that our little one likes to chew on. He was never wild about the teething toys or biscuits.

ruby71oh
05-12-2009, 05:30 AM
A cold washcloth works too. As for toys, we had this little 3 inch dude that looked like a lego...thus his name Lego man and my daughter loved it. Be cautious...sometimes the teeth can lead to an ear infection! Hope you get some sleep!

Dirtyd0g
05-12-2009, 05:52 AM
there is always oragel. I have been there. my son is workign on the incisors now. Watch using too much oragel it makes it not hurt so takes forever to cut them because they do't mess with it. I handed my daughter and old bic lighter and she went to town.
Alan

Hangingcogs
05-12-2009, 08:18 AM
Hannah is still cutting teeth. She HATES the orajel. I bought her teething tablets that dissolve in her mouth. They seem to be helping her a lot.

Foxxx5oh
05-12-2009, 08:58 AM
there is always oragel. I have been there. my son is workign on the incisors now. Watch using too much oragel it makes it not hurt so takes forever to cut them because they do't mess with it. I handed my daughter and old bic lighter and she went to town.
Alan

LOL thats what my son went for! but if you want to get them to forget about the teething, try a fingerfull of whiskey, my mom told me she did it for me and my sister, and i tried with Dakota, and it worked better than Orajel

NXcoupe
05-12-2009, 01:00 PM
My little girl liked the teething rings, but when her little fingers would get cold, she would put it down and then the pain would come back. I let her naw on a pretzel stick as she got older and the other teeth started coming in. The rough texture made it better for her and she liked them a lot. It's tough seeing them cry and all you can do is hold them and tell them it's going to be ok. You'll get through this.

Pitbull1052
05-12-2009, 01:50 PM
Not that i'm a baby expert but my lil cousin and his momma has been staying with me he's 18months and doing the same thing, his mom always makes sure he has the latest and greatest lil gagets..... his looks like a popcicle... but the handle attaches seperatly (no cold hands) I'll try to get the details but it's blue with a yellow handle looks like a twin popcicle but with ring for a handle instead of two sticks ya know....

NUTTSGT
05-13-2009, 07:56 AM
Popcicles. we gave both of the girls them... once they start, be prepared for some wicked diaper changes.

Pitbull1052
05-13-2009, 09:00 AM
it's not really a popcicle though it's like a teething popcicle nothing to eat just knaw on it.....

87poopcoupe
05-13-2009, 10:27 AM
my lil girl used to like those frozen eggo waffles... sounds odd but it made her happy.. and they are cheap