PDA

View Full Version : GM To Sell CHINESE Made Cars In The US!

BigBadStang
05-13-2009, 06:28 AM
Government Motors is going to sell these Chinese built hoopties here as early as 2011. With the help of all the bailout (taxpayer) money, this is truly a punch in the nuts from GM. :mad:
ARTICLE
(http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,519974,00.html)

plated
05-13-2009, 06:40 AM
NEED I SAY MORE

Sparky
05-13-2009, 06:43 AM
I'll never buy one.

Black Horse
05-13-2009, 08:25 AM
And who do you think the US is borrowing the most money from to finance our debt? Yup - China!

BigBadStang
05-13-2009, 08:29 AM
EXACTLY Dave!
Reason 3,452 NOT to have the government controlling businesses!

85_SS_302_Coupe
05-13-2009, 09:00 AM
Maybe Steve Saleen will hop on board since he's doing the same thing.

I'm glad my grandfather isn't alive to see this country going to shit. It's a damn shame that in order to save the jobs of all the GM workers we have to resort to selling Chinese crap and shipping our money overseas.

Black Horse
05-13-2009, 09:42 AM
We have to sell Chinese crap, all of the manufacturing has gone/is going there! On the bright side it is only a matter of time before their economy catchs up (people make more/buy more/make more.....etc.) I'm just not so sure we can hold out that long.

I remeber not that long ago when Walmart was toting how they were supporting America by actually setting up companies to produce things in North Amercia rather than going overseas. Then Sam Walton died and the whole thing went to shit.

Support you North American manufacturing!

BigBadStang
05-13-2009, 11:33 AM
...I remeber not that long ago when Walmart was toting how they were supporting America by actually setting up companies to produce things in North Amercia rather than going overseas. Then Sam Walton died and the whole thing went to shit...

I was just thinking about that same thing the other day but I couldn't remember if it was Wal-Mart, or Meijer! They used to tout they bought stuff from local businesses whenever possible right?

Gene
05-13-2009, 01:08 PM
GM already sells cars made in Korea and Mexico here. How is China any different?

mach_u
05-13-2009, 01:10 PM
I think it sucks, but what else can you do? I was talking to a dealership owner that we do work for recently and he said that the cost per hour on average of paying a GM worker is a 1/3+ higher than the foreign competition. That cost has to be cut somewhere. I realize it isn't 100% a union issue but the UAW has been strangling the auto industry and they can thank themselves for what is happening to their industry.

Greg Seibert
05-13-2009, 05:32 PM
I think it sucks, but what else can you do? I was talking to a dealership owner that we do work for recently and he said that the cost per hour on average of paying a GM worker is a 1/3+ higher than the foreign competition. That cost has to be cut somewhere. I realize it isn't 100% a union issue but the UAW has been strangling the auto industry and they can thank themselves for what is happening to their industry.

Correct. I said this about Jap cars in the 70s. This is nothing new. Have you ever considered this to be a move in the wrong direction? Lower wages and more money leaving the country is all this will bring. I don't think the Chinese rice will be as reliable as some would like.

BigBadStang
05-13-2009, 06:01 PM
GM already sells cars made in Korea and Mexico here. How is China any different?

The difference is the gov't will have substantial input into what GM does when they go into bankruptcy. Don't believe it? Look at what they did with Chrysler's ad budget. Which country currently lends the US gov't the majority of the funds they borrow, or sell US bonds to? Answer...China.
This smells like a home cooked deal from the get-go.

No wonder Ford is fighting like hell NOT to take a dime from the gov't. Ford is taking aggressive measures to buy out long time employees to hire in new employees at reduced wages to be more competitive.

The gov't wants control of these businesses. Why else would the gov't not allow the banks to return any of the TARP funds? This trend of the gov't pulling the strings in private industry is very disturbing, and can't be a good thing.

ADaughen
05-14-2009, 08:24 AM
Funny, Honda, Toyota, and Subaru build plants HERE because shipping is so expensive... yet GM plans to build overseas and ship them here. :|

02mingryGT
05-14-2009, 10:13 AM
Hey I'm sure those union guys on this board are happy as hell they voted for Obama.