PDA

View Full Version : *HELP* Fuel Line Removal @ Tank on 94 GT

CNTLOSE
05-14-2009, 11:01 AM
I am trying to disconnect the two fuel lines at the tank so I can remove the pump. I have tried using the white C clips you normally use on the foxes and on the fuel rail at the motor, but they are not working at the tank...and I have broke one trying.

Is their a special tool needed on the 94/95 fuel lines at the tank? Or am I just not getting it with the white C clips? :confused:

Thanks for any help.

CNTLOSE
05-14-2009, 11:20 AM
They are also different looking connectors than the foxes. The ones at the fuel rail are the same, but these two at the tank are different.

CNTLOSE
05-14-2009, 01:31 PM
Called Ford Racing...Well with the economy the way it is they must not be hiring experience people anymore. I called an asked them and I was told they just pull apart. Now I could be wrong but I tried that and nothing happened. Also I do not think high pressure fuel lines would be made to easily pull apart.

Any suggestions?

CNTLOSE
05-14-2009, 04:18 PM
Disreguard I found the answers I needed and I am back on track!

Stangman
05-15-2009, 10:27 AM
I was about to say... I had to pull the tank on my '94... and those plastic clip tools are about garbage on our fuel lines... You need the metal scissor type. You need to push the fuel line on more as you push the tool inside it. Should pop right off.

I've been thru that headache more than I'd like to! :lol:

CNTLOSE
05-15-2009, 12:03 PM
Yeah, we broke one of the clips, and I was worried I was going to damage the connections. But I put a little more ass into after finding out that it would work, and finally I got them to pop off.

Thanks for the reply!