PDA

View Full Version : 87 Turbo Coupe - $2000 OBO

balz
05-14-2009, 12:02 PM
'87 Ford Thunderbird Turbo Coupe - 5 spd, car now has 135K miles. Solid VA car (I bought it 2 yrs ago with 98K miles), nice interior, many new parts installed including:

Rebuilt head (new cam, valve job)
New Rear Brake Calipers
Tires Fair (2 yrs old, half tread left)
New Turbo (T-3)
New Clutch (also replace rear main crank seal)
New U-Joints
New tie rod ends
New Valve Cover Gasket
New Alt/Water Pump Belt
New T-Stat (195)
New plugs/wires/cap/rotor
Alpine CD/MP3 Player an Alpine 6x9’s
Driver seat-back repaired last year

Also has the following performance parts:

-Large Front Mount Intercooler (18”x12”x3” core)
-Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump
-Kirban Fuel Pressure Regulator
-TurboXS Boost Valve
-Forge Blow-off Valve
-Stinger 3” Single Exhaust w/ Magnaflow muffler
-Hurst Short-Throw Shifter
-Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch and T/O Bearing
-3-Hole Pillar-mounted Gauge Pod, with Auto Meter Water and 30PSI Boost/Vac Gauges
-Innovate LC-1 Wideband O2 Sensor w/module and gauge (mounted in third hole of pod)

I have the interior parts to put it back to original.

Runs great, very reliable. Has been making a 188mi round trip to work everyday. 24 mpg combined. I wouldn't hesitate to drive it across the country tommorrow if I had to.

Here are the only issues with it:
The downpipe connection to the turbo is loose; needs to be tightened up. I removed the A/C compressor because it didn't work; I still have all the brackets if someone wanted to add a new compressor. Power antenna doesn't go up or down. One spot of surface rust on the rear fender; easily repaired. Needs a paint job (it's a good 20 footer though).

I have pics but wasn't able to link them in this post. I can e-mail them upon request

I am willing to remove stuff like the stereo, gauges, etc in order to lower the price)

I got a good deal on a '96 crown vic, which is replacing this TurboBird as my daily driver. Driveway is full, so the bird has to go.

cstreu1026
05-14-2009, 12:38 PM
Any pictures?

87poopcoupe
05-14-2009, 12:59 PM
:postpix:

where you located at ?

balz
05-15-2009, 11:42 AM
Located in Colerain:

You can call me on my cell 616 7279 if interested.

balz
05-18-2009, 11:42 AM
This is a pretty nice car...If it doesn't sell and I end up having to keep it my wife has threatened to get another dog!!