PDA

View Full Version : I wish it was legal to shoot stupid people

dominickbonella
05-16-2009, 03:44 PM
First of all i would like to thank everyone who had any hand in helping me try to fix my car problems,and anyone who gave me advice.I thank you all and your great.

Now for the rant, I bought my 89 coupe for 1500 and some wheels off of this dumbass kid in kentucky. I now its going to have its problems but this shit is rediculous(dont no if i spelled that right,but owell).Here are the things that I found out were wrong.

1) He put an explorer upper and lower intake,with a 75mm TB,a fender mount air intake,but with a stock MAF sensor.(did not have it tuned:mad:)

2) The intake and header gaskets were blown out,not to mention that half the bolts in both were missing.

3) The belt was going the wrong way,thus turning the water pump the wrong way also.

4) Just found out the fan was wired to go the wrong way also.

5) Now i find out that the fan is to small. I looked at a fan on a friends 96 3.8 mustang and mine is only half the size,and the blades themselfs were half the size of his also.

Ya no,i dont know everything about these cars,and i admit it,but that is when i ask my friends and people like you to help me out, so i can learn how to do it myself.

I guess the moral of the rant is,if u dont want or know how to do it then leave it the fu** alone. So when u go to sell it ur not purposly screwing the next person and at the same time degrating the mustang name.

:AR15: STUPID PEOPLE

CNTLOSE
05-16-2009, 03:57 PM
Not enough bullets...

dominickbonella
05-16-2009, 04:10 PM
grenades

CNTLOSE
05-16-2009, 05:31 PM
:lol:

chris91
05-16-2009, 05:49 PM
I TOTALLY know how you feel. When I got this vert there were sooooo many things done half assed or totally wrong.

1. Tranny cooler mounted underneath the car at the lowest possible spot.
2. Restrictor plate instead of a thermostat.(Its not a race car.)
3. My serp. belt was routed wrong too making the WP go backwards.
4. They cut out the entire pass side apron saying it had to be done for the Anderson powerpipe to fit.
5. Used two hose clamps to make one big one for the intake piping instead of buying the right sized ones.

sean
05-16-2009, 06:05 PM
ha ha. Im a red neck and I dont even take those short cuts. I do love me some kentucky chrome still. I have had my share of basket cases too and it drives me crazy. You sure you dont have a flex fan on the car? Well good luck. I am sure you knew you would need some work to be done, 1500 for a coupe thats ready to go it hard to find.

billy69mach
05-16-2009, 07:28 PM
DON'T CRY BE HAPPY SOUNDS LIKE YOU GOT A KILLER BUY. YOU DON'T SHOOT PEOPLE THAT GIVE YOU DEALS LIKE THAT LOL :bigthumb

sean
05-16-2009, 08:32 PM
no doubt. As long as the frame is good and a few other major parts you got one hell of a deal. How about a pic or two

dominickbonella
05-16-2009, 10:46 PM
heres a couple of pics,dont laugh. see i have a feeling that he tried to take me for a fool,I know i got the overall good deal,but he still should have done this stuff the right way.

http://i567.photobucket.com/albums/ss111/dominickbonella/014.jpg

http://i567.photobucket.com/albums/ss111/dominickbonella/007.jpg

http://i567.photobucket.com/albums/ss111/dominickbonella/015.jpg

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

mailman
05-22-2009, 11:20 AM
I think you were lied to about the Explorer intake, 75mm TB, and fender mount air intake.

I am pretty sure that's an Edelbrock Performer RPM intake and Holley 650 carb.
:)

dominickbonella
05-23-2009, 09:23 PM
no<those are the pics after i carbed it>lol

Mista Bone
05-23-2009, 09:42 PM
Did you get a good builder chassis???

2-8-1
05-25-2009, 07:34 PM
no<those are the pics after i carbed it>lol

okay, so you got a good deal on a car your were going to carb anyway, and your complaining about the MAF and tune?

lol