PDA

View Full Version : Lethal Curt

kennebellcobra
05-16-2009, 11:12 PM
Congrats to Curt for winning SS at the UMTR...I'm starting to wonder if he can be beat.lol

It was great having 3 out of last 4 still in it were Stangbangerz...Steve, Rick and Curt...great job guys!

93cobra
05-17-2009, 12:18 AM
i remember standing in front of the counter at Cincy Speed in like 05 or 06 telling craig..."yeah...one of my buddies from out in Indiana is a power shifting fool.....those boys out there there are some street racing nuts...etc.."...

craig was like "o really...thats cool"...lol

i was talking about curt dawg of course...

Congrats Curt on 2 wins 2 weekends in a row!

Steves LX
05-17-2009, 12:41 AM
Yeah congrats Curt. I had a blast!!!! I managed to make it to the second to last round and slept on the tree otherwise it would have been Curt and I in the finals. It's ON !!Ther Black Night Stalker is now huntin for the Flamer and Strawberry Shortcake, oops I mean Strawberry Notch!!!:lol:

kennebellcobra
05-17-2009, 06:57 AM
Strawberry Shortcake

:lol::lol:

JonS
05-17-2009, 09:03 AM
Congrats to all of you guys. Curt is a machine.

JonS
05-17-2009, 10:11 AM
I picked these up this morning to help level the playing field.

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z90/jonskidmore/cargopants.jpg

:lol::lol::lol:

Timido
05-17-2009, 10:14 AM
Great Job Curt!

craigels
05-17-2009, 10:37 AM
Curt was on it as usual! Congrats to him and runner up Scott. I lost to Steve in the third round on a decent race at the stripe. Good times yesterday after the weather decided to cooperate!

Craig

kennebellcobra
05-17-2009, 10:58 AM
I picked these up this morning to help level the playing field.

:lol::lol::lol:

Bawhahahah...where did you get them? I need a pair too:D

outlaw85
05-17-2009, 11:17 AM
Great job Curt you keep this up we won't let you race anymore J/K Great Job. Just make sure no one lets a Neon win this year.

8banger
05-17-2009, 11:20 AM
Jeez curt,who you got popping the win light in the tower for ya now?:lol::lol:
J/K with ya buddy..Its cause I like you so much!!!!:D CONGRATS on another win!!!!!!:bigthumb:bigthumb:bigthumb:bigthumb

12seclx
05-17-2009, 11:22 AM
Thanks everyone!

Even the sun shines on a dogs ass someday, Huh?:D

Last night was something else... I would pull a decent light
when I needed it, and when I didn't... the other guy would run
off his dial in or break out... I got pretty lucky....

and you guys can go out and buy all the pants you want...
but you gotta have the ones I've got and they're not for sale!!
:lol:

12seclx
05-17-2009, 11:26 AM
Great job Curt you keep this up we won't let you race anymore J/K Great Job. Just make sure no one lets a Neon win this year.

no problem.....;)

69Cobra
05-17-2009, 11:43 AM
Congrats on another win there Curt Dogg!

RIXXX93GT
05-17-2009, 11:43 AM
Curt was really on it last night but I have never really seen him be off his game so I guess thats what we can all expect the rest of the year, (sure you dont wanna go back to QS bud..JK...LOL) I was more excited to run that race against him than I have been in a long time, proved to be a good race but it really was decided on the tree. I ran him down but broke out big time doing it. Congrats Curt on a great win! Adam (e5shea)is coming into his own also, I look for him to start bringing home cash in a hurry.

PonymanfiveO
05-17-2009, 12:27 PM
Thanks everyone!

Even the sun shines on a dogs ass someday, Huh?:D

Last night was something else... I would pull a decent light
when I needed it, and when I didn't... the other guy would run
off his dial in or break out... I got pretty lucky....

and you guys can go out and buy all the pants you want...
but you gotta have the ones I've got and they're not for sale!!
:lol:

Great Job KID! :D

I herd Impact is coming out with a single layer fire retardant race pant like those. :lol:

jlt2006
05-17-2009, 07:26 PM
Congrats Curt

Mista Bone
05-17-2009, 09:04 PM
They announced the Quick Stick and Street Stick winners on WLW 700 tonight about 8:35, right after I left Filmores.

Steves LX
05-17-2009, 09:38 PM
[QUOTE=JonS;475980]I picked these up this morning to help level the playing field.

:lol::lol::lol:[/QUOTE

I need a pair of those as well.

Steves LX
05-17-2009, 09:41 PM
Really all I need is a good shifter and Curtis blow is all mine!!! Twice now I have snapped those crappy Steeda Tri Ax shifters into 2 pieces.

12seclx
05-17-2009, 11:18 PM
Thanks Kris, Rick, Matt, and Jeff....

Mista Bone: that's cool they announced that... go figure, I wasn't listening... :rolleyes:

Rick: appreciate the compliments buddy... To be honest... my lights were nothing special... that's where I'll get beat at, when it happens... dialing the car is getting to be second nature anymore...

and Steve: there's a difference in "knowing" the path, and walking the path, My Friend!!!!!!:D

if you'd get that clunkity Tremec out of the car and get something like me and Shannon, you'd probably keep your handles intact....;)

JK!

Steves LX
05-18-2009, 12:05 AM
Thanks Kris, Rick, Matt, and Jeff....

Mista Bone: that's cool they announced that... go figure, I wasn't listening... :rolleyes:

Rick: appreciate the compliments buddy... To be honest... my lights were nothing special... that's where I'll get beat at, when it happens... dialing the car is getting to be second nature anymore...

and Steve: there's a difference in "knowing" the path, and walking the path, My Friend!!!!!!:D

if you'd get that clunkity Tremec out of the car and get something like me and Shannon, you'd probably keep your handles intact....;)

JK!

Your probably right there. I have to give it hell every shift but hey i'm getting it done one shifter handle at a time.:lol::lol: I really wish it would have came down to me and you. I think it would have been a tight race to the stripe if I would have been able to hit 4th gear but hey maybe next time. My hats off to you brother!!!

12seclx
05-18-2009, 12:34 AM
Your probably right there. I have to give it hell every shift but hey i'm getting it done one shifter handle at a time.:lol::lol: I really wish it would have came down to me and you. I think it would have been a tight race to the stripe if I would have been able to hit 4th gear but hey maybe next time. My hats off to you brother!!!

You did great, especially considering what you had to deal with....

just remember, if we ever meet at a race, Strawberry Shortcake has no mercy when it comes to sharing the spotlight in winning.... :lol:.....:tongue2:

Steves LX
05-18-2009, 11:38 AM
You did great, especially considering what you had to deal with....

just remember, if we ever meet at a race, Strawberry Shortcake has no mercy when it comes to sharing the spotlight in winning.... :lol:.....:tongue2:

Trust me I will be far enough ahead of you that you will see my hazards flashing across the stripe!!!!:lol: No nitrous either, all motor baby!!!

Stangman
05-18-2009, 03:25 PM
Steve to Curt: "Curt?"

Curt to Steve: "Yeah?"

Steve: "Got your cell phone?"

Curt: "Yeah, I do"

Steve: "Good, call me at the 1/8th mile and tell me what my 1/4 mile time was!"

Just kiddin Curt! Good job saturday night brotha!

I hope to one day get out there and play with you fellas if I can ever get around to putting my pile back together :(

I'll have to do a lotta catching up to do... you guys will be running 10's when I finally get to run 13's!! :lol:

12seclx
05-18-2009, 04:00 PM
Trust me I will be far enough ahead of you that you will see my hazards flashing across the stripe!!!!:lol: No nitrous either, all motor baby!!!

:rolleyes:....

You haven't run 11's yet....

If you have the same luck as me... you'll have to run like 7 passes of 12.00's before the 11 comes... :)

Don't worry,, I still have a few tricks up my sleeve... I always leave a little in the bag just for such an occasion.....:lol:

Timido
05-18-2009, 04:15 PM

Instant Classic. :bigthumb

Steves LX
05-20-2009, 07:19 AM
:rolleyes:....

You haven't run 11's yet....

If you have the same luck as me... you'll have to run like 7 passes of 12.00's before the 11 comes... :)

Don't worry,, I still have a few tricks up my sleeve... I always leave a little in the bag just for such an occasion.....:lol:

ya know what you're right I haven't. And guess what!!! You haven't either since the air has been crappy. I'll bet you that after I get the car tuned for the new cam and intake that it goes 11's. I'll bet you that 430.00 you won and those brown pants that it does.:lol:

Stangman
05-20-2009, 10:08 AM
ya know what you're right I haven't. And guess what!!! You haven't either since the air has been crappy. I'll bet you that after I get the car tuned for the new cam and intake that it goes 11's. I'll bet you that 430.00 you won and those brown pants that it does.:lol:

And dont forget a new shifter! :bigthumb

12seclx
05-20-2009, 11:34 AM

the brown pants are non-negotiable...;)

I can go 11's in the air we had this past weekend...
No ice, no pulley, soft shock setting, etc. etc... So, .05-.10 with ice, .03-.04 with the pulley... better sixty foot... go from a 1.61 to 1.57... (you see where this is going right?) I just wanted to soften up the hit and be "safe" on my launch... Well, we actually had comparable air on 4-11-09 but no headwind and the car went 11.93, 11.93, 12.03 (101.75mph), 11.96, and 11.98... ;)

Didn't feel like icing since it's all about being conistent and wrenching on the car didn't appeal to me since I did drive it there and drive it home.....

I can also pull a little fuel out of my tune and probably pick up....

Well, put it this way... from semi finals to final round,
only had 16 minutes of cool down and ran 12.04 w/ a 1.61 sixty foot....

I'm sure after the tune, you'll pick up... wanna bet lunch on your dyno numbers....? I'll even give you the benefit of the doubt since I already won this one time... :coo1:,,, and I feel like being generous... I'll pm you my guess.... :chicken:

Steves LX
05-20-2009, 12:24 PM
the brown pants are non-negotiable...;)

I can go 11's in the air we had this past weekend...
No ice, no pulley, soft shock setting, etc. etc... So, .05-.10 with ice, .03-.04 with the pulley... better sixty foot... go from a 1.61 to 1.57... (you see where this is going right?) I just wanted to soften up the hit and be "safe" on my launch... Well, we actually had comparable air on 4-11-09 but no headwind and the car went 11.93, 11.93, 12.03 (101.75mph), 11.96, and 11.98... ;)

Didn't feel like icing since it's all about being conistent and wrenching on the car didn't appeal to me since I did drive it there and drive it home.....

I can also pull a little fuel out of my tune and probably pick up....

Well, put it this way... from semi finals to final round,
only had 16 minutes of cool down and ran 12.04 w/ a 1.61 sixty foot....

I'm sure after the tune, you'll pick up... wanna bet lunch on your dyno numbers....? I'll even give you the benefit of the doubt since I already won this one time... :coo1:,,, and I feel like being generous... I'll pm you my guess.... :chicken:

Is that right grasshopper!!! We'll I ran a 12.04 @ 104.36 with a 1.57 60' as well and missed 4th gear in the 3rd round and that was with no ice. Car was at 195 degrees when I came out of the water box. So put that in your bowl and smoke it bitch!!!!!:flipoff:

Steves LX
05-20-2009, 01:11 PM
Hey I know 12.01 is slower than 11.86!!! But I also know what the DA was when you pulled that #. And it damn sure wasn't no 1400 ft like it was for my #. And your car was and is tuned. Mines not but dont you worry there cupcake. You'll know when it is because all your going to see is my shift light thru the back window!!!!:D

firestang70
05-20-2009, 02:59 PM
I hope to one day get out there and play with you fellas if I can ever get around to putting my pile back together :(

I'll have to do a lotta catching up to do... you guys will be running 10's when I finally get to run 13's!! :lol:

Which pile???:lol:

12seclx
05-20-2009, 04:31 PM
firestang: right on....

Steve: it'll be closer than you think..
Keep in mind all the way down the track...
Stock cam, shiftin' at 5,700.. heads never lifted... 9.25 : 1 compressionand it came from granny's 99' Mountaineer....:tongue2:

oh yeah, and 22.91 miles to the gallon... :cool1:

Stangman
05-20-2009, 06:48 PM
Which pile???:lol:

The red one on jackstands! :bigthumb

orangecoupe
05-23-2009, 04:42 PM
Hey Curt STOCK SUCKS!!!

12seclx
05-24-2009, 01:11 AM
Hey Curt STOCK SUCKS!!!

:D