PDA

View Full Version : Mustang owners vs other Mustang owners

NaomiDstangLvr
05-21-2009, 01:10 PM
Why is that? For me, I love seeing other people out there with there souped up ride. But for some, they wanna challenge you. Like the other day, Chad was out messing with the Mustang in the driveway, and this guy in a red fox, FROM ACROSS THE ROAD a ways, who doesn't even live in our subdivision deliberately drives by us, TWICE and revs up the engine at us?!? And I'm all outside just waving to the guy as they drive by, like "hi fellow Stang lover" :lol: What's that all about?? It's like, ok, you deliberately drove by us to check it out! :rolleyes:

firestang70
05-21-2009, 02:07 PM
He was just showing his appreciation. Suprised he didn't leave some "hello" tattoo marks on the street. Is the car in your sig, its beautiful. I would have checked it out as well.

DeckerEnt
05-21-2009, 03:08 PM
If I saw someone working on a nice ride in front of their home, I wouldn't just drive by, I would stop in and lend a hand!!! If I didn't have time to stop, I would at least wave and give the thumbs up sign. And yes, even if it was a chebby.

'92Stang
05-21-2009, 03:27 PM
It wasn't me I swear:angel:....I have that all the time though, happened today when my little girl and I were leaving Dairy Queen, by some one in a red newer model. Don't take it personal though, I always pipe other stangs and wave because my horn doesn't work that well;)

bobtsgt
05-21-2009, 04:02 PM
It wasn't me I swear:angel:....

first thing that popped in my head :lol:

NaomiDstangLvr
05-22-2009, 11:20 AM
He was just showing his appreciation. Suprised he didn't leave some "hello" tattoo marks on the street. Is the car in your sig, its beautiful. I would have checked it out as well.

Lol, no hello tattoos! I'm not sure if he was just showing off or what, it was a nice fox body! Yes, that's the car in my sig, thank you! It's been a real pain, you should check out how it looked when we first got it, in the "projects in progress" section. It's still not done though...

If I saw someone working on a nice ride in front of their home, I wouldn't just drive by, I would stop in and lend a hand!!! If I didn't have time to stop, I would at least wave and give the thumbs up sign. And yes, even if it was a chebby.

Yeah, that would've been nice! ;) I love meeting people like you!

It wasn't me I swear:angel:....I have that all the time though, happened today when my little girl and I were leaving Dairy Queen, by some one in a red newer model. Don't take it personal though, I always pipe other stangs and wave because my horn doesn't work that well;)

Well maybe that's what it was, he didn't have a horn, lol!!!!

fordfan
05-22-2009, 08:15 PM
I`ve had mine out alot the last few days. I don`t remember seeing anyone working on a Mustang in their driveway.

02mingryGT
05-23-2009, 09:10 AM
I always wave or rev at other mustangs I see. I'm sure that's all that guy was doing. Nice car btw.

'92Stang
05-23-2009, 10:38 AM
Chad was out messing with the Mustang in the driveway, and this guy in a red fox, FROM ACROSS THE ROAD a ways, who doesn't even live in our subdivision deliberately drives by us :rolleyes:

It wasn't me I swear:angel:....

I`ve had mine out alot the last few days. I don`t remember seeing anyone working on a Mustang in their driveway.

Eliminating 2 red foxes..:lol:

I'll be out in the driveway replacing control arms today on lindale-mt holly if anyone wants to do a drive by, or stop by and wrench:D

chadomac
05-23-2009, 11:43 AM
It was a younger kid with his girl. She was checking out the car pretty hard :lol:. Think he got upset and had to give me the rev :coo1:

Wolvrin704
05-23-2009, 03:16 PM
Thats all right, there are several S197 owners in my neighborhood who have to slow down as they go by my house to get turn towards the main drag. Not one of them has ever acknowledged my presence with so much as a nod or rev. But then again they're all stock and probably just have the cars for the retro look. There's a new edge DSG that I see go by my house now and then but I've never been outside when he goes by. His looks stock as well and sounds it.

fordfan
05-23-2009, 04:42 PM
I wouldn`t complain about people not acknowledging that your there. I live on a corner also. I get Everything from Vettes to mini vans trying their best to blow their tires off when they make the turn. It`s worse when I have my car outside. Oh and when it`s raining they go for the distance :lol:

Thats all right, there are several S197 owners in my neighborhood who have to slow down as they go by my house to get turn towards the main drag. Not one of them has ever acknowledged my presence with so much as a nod or rev. But then again they're all stock and probably just have the cars for the retro look. There's a new edge DSG that I see go by my house now and then but I've never been outside when he goes by. His looks stock as well and sounds it.

Wolvrin704
05-23-2009, 05:46 PM
I wouldn`t complain about people not acknowledging that your there. I live on a corner also. I get Everything from Vettes to mini vans trying their best to blow their tires off when they make the turn. It`s worse when I have my car outside. Oh and when it`s raining they go for the distance :lol:

You mean they actually stop? :lol:

Most cars won't even do that, especially the young 'uns. They're also the ones that like to try and do spin the tires but end up whiffing because their 20 year old Civic or Integra is on its last legs (of course I may be exhagerrating and generalising here but that makes it all the more fun). Some certain Miami Township officers should come hang out at my house, they'd hand out enough tickets in a day to fund the dept for a month.

On the other hand I do like to hang outside just to see what kind of cars will go by. Today an Audi R8 came barreling around the corner, I'll take that kind of car trying to show off anyday.

4barrel
05-23-2009, 11:26 PM
I don't have a problem with it. I personally enjoy it! If someone DON'T throw me a rev, I end up wondering what the thing sounds like anyways.

NaomiDstangLvr
05-24-2009, 09:30 AM
It wasn't me I swear

I don't think it looked as good as yours. ;)

four6trix
05-24-2009, 01:38 PM
I always get a lot of people who say that they don't want to own a Mustang because "everyone and their mother have them". But, I really don't mind. I love seeing other sweet 'stangs on the road (even if most of them can blow my doors off!). But yeah, I'm one who will sit and chat with random 'Stang drivers any given time!

Wolvrin704
05-24-2009, 04:59 PM
You mean they actually stop? :lol:

Some certain Miami Township officers should come hang out at my house, they'd hand out enough tickets in a day to fund the dept for a month. .

I'm quoting myself because I really wish some of the local PD had been at my place last night. Luckily I had the Stang up in the carport and the SUV behind it. Whatever vehicle I park behind whatever is in the carport I usually park back about 1/2 a car because the birds like to leave their mark in that area due to sitting on the electrical lines running to the house. Last night had the SUV in that spot and it got egged! Noticed this morning as I was driving it to church and I looked in the rearview before backing up. Needless to say I had to make a quick trip to the carwash. It could have been worse as we found the remians of 2 more eggs in the yard.

NaomiDstangLvr
05-25-2009, 01:21 PM
I always get a lot of people who say that they don't want to own a Mustang because "everyone and their mother have them". But, I really don't mind. I love seeing other sweet 'stangs on the road (even if most of them can blow my doors off!). But yeah, I'm one who will sit and chat with random 'Stang drivers any given time!

You know, to each is own! But for me, I think each Mustang is different in its own right. I loving seeing what other people do to theirs!!