PDA

View Full Version : Rubber trim around window 94GT

WARMACHINE
05-24-2009, 04:06 PM
I am getting ready to have my car painted and I don't want a tape line up around the rubber trim for the windshield and back window. My problem,I can't get it to pull off. Do the windows have to come out? Or do I just have to try harder. I have already done damage to the rubber trim trying to get it out,it just won't move! Thanks.

plated
05-25-2009, 04:25 AM
get lift tape

WARMACHINE
05-25-2009, 08:01 AM
get lift tapeWhat is lift tape? Is it the same as fine line tape? I still have to replace the rubber trim cause I messed it up trying to remove it. I will most likely be tapeing the back window now,just cause what i've been going through on the front. Thanks.

plated
05-25-2009, 08:32 AM
What is lift tape? Is it the same as fine line tape? I still have to replace the rubber trim cause I messed it up trying to remove it. I will most likely be tapeing the back window now,just cause what i've been going through on the front. Thanks.try any auto paint supply dealer and ask for lift tape it come in different sizes 1/8th 1/4 etc,think of it as taking wire an pushing it under the moulding so it raises the moulding up off the roof one side is flat the flat side does down the top of it is humped kinda like a wedge,or your other option is cut the moulding out and get univeral window moulding and glue it back in but thats kinda a hack way and usually don't match factory,but u don't get a tape line

WARMACHINE
05-25-2009, 11:16 AM
Thanks again.