PDA

View Full Version : Interior paint - OEM match?

SWEET GT
05-27-2009, 09:35 PM
My 2001 GT has medium graphite interior.

One spot on the side of my dash (near the glove compartment) and the door panels near the speakers, there are black marks where the factory color coat has been damaged.

I ordered Color Bond "Ford medium graphite" to touch up the spots (spraying a tad on card board and using a brush) and the color is too light.

I know Motorcraft used to sell/make interior paint, but hear its hard to come by now.

I need an exact OEM match (maybe thats almost impossible to come by since Im not redoing the entire panel, just one spot). Does the stuff 5.0 resto sell match?

Any ideas or help?

Da Natti
05-27-2009, 09:54 PM
KOI/ kentucky motors paint store should be able match the color that what i did with my A pillar pod the matched it relly good!

Rick93coupe
05-27-2009, 10:30 PM
The SEM paint matches really well, but I've only seen black.

SWEET GT
05-28-2009, 05:56 AM
I have a koi paint center near my work. (buttermilk pike). I can bring a door sill to have them match. It would be great if they could go off the color of the dash itself. It's not had plastic but vinyl. Since it's a touch up and not a complete repaint, any deviation is going to be noticeable

SWEET GT
05-28-2009, 09:19 AM
Just talked to someone at KOI, they said they dont colormatch per se, just use the interior color code and that an exact match is most likely impossible.

Da Natti
05-28-2009, 10:40 PM
off buttermilk is the KOI store i went to on my 01 it has the 2 tone tan interior i took the original A pillar and the code the paint i bought was designed for spraying in a airbrush the "spray paint can" where no where near the color i had they ended up mixing a pint for me the guy at the counter matched it for me! i was a master pressman for a printing company and he did a better job of matching the color then i could ever do! i can't think of the guy name but he has been with KOI sense the latonia branch when i was growing up he had a wicked 65 mustang coupe!

SWEET GT
05-29-2009, 07:03 AM
That is the same store I called (Buttermilk). Some guy named Brent or something said they dont color match. He could have been BSing me. I have some stuff coming from 50 resto that the people there said it should match. If not, I will go to KOI in person.