PDA

View Full Version : tranny problem

fordman
05-29-2009, 03:25 AM
today i went out and started my 95 f150 and it was kinda hard to get in gear.. i finally got it in drive, then when i parked it an put it in park it just started to roll so then i tried to put it back in drive and nothing... all the gears are gone...? im thinking its the linkage? anyone had this problem? Thank you for any info...

facemelter71
05-29-2009, 02:07 PM
I can only assume its an auto.
They are bad for fubar'ed cables.Either that or the housing on top of the steering column has broken,its made of pot aluminum and is very easy to break.When the cable gets rubbed and starts to get hard to shift it will break the housing.The housing is located on the top right part of the steering column under the plastic cover right behind the steering wheel.Think a torx bit will remove it,and dont loose the spring on the back end of it at the other end of the column under the cluster I think it might be held in with another torx bit.
When I replaced my brother's,he got a new cable and shift column housing.Cable was like 40 and housing was around 40.Do not drive it like that.Replace asap.