PDA

View Full Version : Larry Morgan to Run a Ford in Pro Stock for 2010

Evil_Capri
05-30-2009, 06:17 AM
http://www.bangshift.com/blog/Former-Mopar-Racer-Larry-Morgan-to-Run-a-Ford-in-Pro-Stock-for-2010.html

We are very excited to be involved with Ford Racing and think this is a great opportunity for myself and everyone here at Larry Morgan Racing Inc.,”

“I am looking forward to working closely with Ford Racing Engineering in the design of new cylinder heads and blocks necessary to bring their Pro Stock program to the top of the class.”

Morgan is expected to unveil his 2010 Mustang later this season for testing.

Hopefully this will lead to some (additional?) factory help (moreso) for Cunningham's Team as well. Looking forward to 2010!!

Flaming87lx
05-30-2009, 08:35 AM
I can't wait!!!!!

BigBadStang
05-30-2009, 09:06 AM
Here are a few lines from a different article back in April talking with Brian Wolfe (director of Ford Racing) about new blocks and heads for Pro Stock...

"It all started last year," Wolfe said. "Jim Cunningham has been running a Ford Pro Stock for years. He came to me and said, 'We really want to be competitive.' But the stuff he is running is from the Bob Glidden days, the 1990s. He’s done a really good job with what he’s had but I explained to him that the budget has been going down because our revenue is going down. No matter how much I would like to, because I was a Sportsman drag racer myself before I could drive legally, there was nothing we could do."
--------------------------------------------------------------------

"Jim offered to cover the tooling bill if we could help with the engineering," Wolfe said. "That was something we could do. Since then, Jim has been real excited. We put Mose Nowland on the program. He’s been with Ford for more than 50 years. He’s workedon most racecar engines ever built. So he’s been engineering the block with an outside (group) that’s been contracted to do the cylinder heads. We’re very excited where this is going."

To say that the Roush/Yates engine branding may eventually be a part of Pro Stock is feasible. But as for the current development, Ford is 100-percent behind the production of a new Pro Stock motor for Cunningham, which Wolfe confirms should be nearing completion "by June or July."

"I think they will be seeing castings in June but I don’t think we’ll be seeing motors until late this year," he said. "Probably around the last couple of races they will start shaking them down.

"I can’t emphasize enough about Jim Cunningham coming to us and really wanting to take the step forward. To start very late last year to have the castings in the team’s hands the second half of this year is pretty quick."

Also in development, the 2010 Mustang, which has all ready been to the wind tunnel.

Possibly with Morgan signing on, they will be able to infuse more resources towards development, and defintely will have more input from a testing standpoint.